Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #2157
bap

pabell---pre congrats on your 34th anniversary,,,,,,

lynne, i here ya on the rain thing,--were just getting on an off showers but hard to wax or polish with a wet unit...

terry, i saw that tshirt a walmart and thought about popeye,,,just wished i would have had my camera,,,--lol

rockerarm,,,,,welcome the the goodmorning club,,,,,we dont just stop in while having coffee anymore,,,,just anytime for anyreason...kinda like breakfast,,,its good anytime of the day or night....lol...

raining here this AM just enough to keep me from working on the 63,,,but nice sitting here having coffee and watching the deer outside grazing and eating the apples accross the road at my father in laws yard....

everyone have a great day,,,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #2158
bap

welcome to the club dinkie,,,,,,

i was just thinking where i live i can just sit inside our tt and enjoy almost everything you go camping for,---nice and quite, watching the wildlife, and listning to the birds singing----ahhhh,,,camp is where ur parked,,,,lol

Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 AM   #2159
bap

ohhh yes and popeye,,,,i was just born this way....lol..

in the shaow i could be the fall guy,,,,i can do a tripple lindy off a 2 step ladder without even trying,,,lol----sad but true....lol
Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #2160

Retired Fire Service RVer's
God Morning Gang,
Coffee god this morning, laughter that you guys bring on, priceless. Raining here this morning so it will be a relaxing book reading day. Our friends are workkamping today, so we will have dinner waiting for them when they get off this afternoon.
Tim,
Glad to hear that your brother is doing well enough to be coming home. We are praying for his speedy recovery.
Lynne,
Have a wonderful time enjoying your MH, you waited long enough to be able to get out and enjoy.
Have a wonderful day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #2161

You should have seen all the pirate gear for sale at the theme park.
That's cute but I don't really collect pirate stuff .
I have lots of popeye stuff. but I'm trying to break that habit now that I'm in the smaller rig. Kinda takes over after a while.
I'm switching over to patches for my patch jacket , usually get one when I'm someplace like Nat Parks etc or campgrounds I've worked at if they have one. I do have some pirate and popeye patches though.

Anyhoo.

Where do Soviet pirates come from ?????

The USSArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:29 PM   #2162

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good early morning Gang,
DW did dishes this evening, had friends over for dinner, then we played a game ,as this is our last night in this park. Just after she finised dishes, she tells me, no water, the park had lst a pump a couple days ago so I turned our pump on, it wouldn't shut off nd the water pressure was not right, went outside and saw water running out from under the water heater and out the compartment in front of the heater. So evidently I have a broken fitting on the back side of the water fitting again( I changed the hot side outlet fitting last year) I hope that i can get it from the backside without having to pull the heater out. I will start on it come morning, we want to be in New York before 2 if we can, so if I can fix it in an hour or two, I will fix it here, if not I hope to at least find the problem and make a plan to fix it.
Of course this means that I won't be able to sleep tonight.GRRRRRRRRRR.
Ahhh the life of an RVer. somtimes it is a pain in the rear, but only sometimes.
Have a great day all, will catch you later.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:58 AM   #2163

Morning all!

73 here, have not heard the forecast for today, but did catch the end of it. We should have a great weekend in the mid-80's. Have lots of little coach projects planned.

Dang Frank, I hate when that happens. Had a similar experience in our old TH, just about to pass out in the bed, and "Pop",,,, then shhhhhh. Hmm what is that. Get up, walk around inside nothing. Get dressed go outside,,,, water fall coming out the basement door. Pex fitting just came apart. Not sure if the ring wasn't tightened correctly, but there we were. Luckily, it was our last day on the road. Went home in the morning and fixed it there.

Of course you haven't seen the problem yet, do you have fittings to repair? Sorry about the bad luck there, odd it let go on your water pump, and not the probably higher pressure park supply. Frank I hope that all comes together easily with no need to pull the heater.

Sorry Frank, but if you catch any of the reality shows, we need drama. Your heater in the opening episode of Total Rebuild On The Road is exactly what I as a producer was looking for! Our other choice was you and Terry arguing, but with you both on depends (the sponsor Gordon got) nobody would really be much interested in that! Well, at lease you don't need water for the bathroom!

Working from home today, meetings most of the day. Will spend most of the day on the phone, oh joy!

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #2164
bap

FRANK i feel your pain,,,,,,last night our water went out also to the house,,,,the fitting 3ft down in the ground gave way,,,,,i had a boy come and dig it out for me...now the 3ft hole is full of water...lol..---i know what my first job of the day is..

i dont mind bailing out water but i didnt feel like digging in 3ft of clay and gravel to get to it...lol..---and i like helping out the nieghborhood kids with some odd jobs that get in my way from time to time...
worst part no shower last night and had to reheat old coffee in the nuker.,..
Old 08-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #2165

Well , blow me down !

I was off the CG water last night to move out of a clay pit my rear duals were in and turned on my water pump , pump was running but no water !!!
Things do come in threes Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!
Figure it lost the prime from the tank as it has done before (bad design)
SOOOOOO I'll have to remove the cold water inlet pipe to the water heater and suck on it to re prime the pump ,, I have done this a few times before and at least this time there won't be RV antifreeze in the tank. The back of my WH is in my closet facing me with no access panel or anything in the way (good design) 5 minute job waiting for me before I need to use the pump again , 3 weeks left here at the lake and back to the boondocks for 'ol popeye.

Which fish makes a pirate laugh ?????????????

A CLOWN Fish
Old 08-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #2166

Winnebago Owners Club
Makes me laugh too!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #2167

Winnebago Owners Club
This is for Popeye

Hey Popeye - this ones for you. Needs a flag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pirate ship.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	104170
Old 08-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #2168

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning all,
Very windy currently, coming from the south and off the lake.
I hate to say this but I had to turn on the heat yesterday morning 52 degrees and its the middle of August.
My brother is doing well considering his condition. They moved him to a rehab yesterday at the hospital. He will be there 2-3 weeks or until he gets better and be able to take care of himself. He is in good spirits though. I told him about going fishing and how we will get him to and on the pontoon. We will use his old golf cart to get him from the house too the dock. There was a concern about a wheel chair wont fit on the dock. I think we can beach the pontoon and get him on that way. Come hell or high water I'll get him on.
I bought some ant killer and will apply later on today. We have to go too a flee market first eek: We will also try some of the suggestions from you. I have Comet that I will try.
Thanks to those that offered prayers. Nothing works like the power of prayer.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #2169

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Wow, so much going on. Already drank my coffee, it was good. Packed MH last night other than the last few things we will put in this am.

Radio is toast. Will need to replace it but no idea what to buy right now. Do you really need a (weather radio) or just a plain cd playing one? Do any of you use the weather alert on yours enough to justify having it.

Otherwise, really enjoying summer. Get busy enough doing things don't get on here as much as usual. I read it sometimes but don't always post. Too many things to do in this incredible weather and yes, I wish I could send some of you our rain.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's hard when family is sick or hurting. Prayers for a complete and fast healing to all. The rest of you keep safe and enjoy your summer.

Have a fabulous day! Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:07 AM   #2170

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

That Pirate bus is awesome!

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote