Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #2171

Morning!

73 here, partly cloudy. Forecast for more showers, but I think 40% chance. Lately they all seem to miss us. My day will be on various coach projects, under the carport so no matter rain or shine.

Tim, glad to see your brother is doing better. Hope he gets home soon.

Isn't that Popeye's bus? Could there be 2 Popeye's? Another one out there sailing about? Is there enough spinach for 2?

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #2172
bap

darn,,,,,someone beat me to it,,,

ohhh yea gooodmorning,,,,coffe is good this morning and i got our water back on yesterday..,,,,,,,,it was one of those all day 20 minute job....-----i am so sore this morning i can hardly type,,,----had to dig another 3ft deep hole with my hands,,,and replace everything at the meter,,,---if none of youy have ever dug in kentucky ground you have no idea how hard it is ..lol..

LYNNE,FRANK,TERRY,,,,,i pray you all have safe travels and a great weekend at the campgrounds...

Old 08-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #2173

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Bap, glad that you got your water line fixed, mine was a 5 minute job,the compression fitting slid off the end of the pex tubing where the drain valve hooked on, I must not have tightened it enough last year when I changed the valve. Sun is shining, although a little cool this morning, around 50* but warming nicely. Just in time for Terry's arrival.
Gordon, I don't know how you always come up with a picture of something outrageous, what ever subject that we are talking about. You sure do a fantastic job of it though.
Lynne,
Aren't you already at the campgrounds? Or are you heading there this morning? Have a wonderful time anyways.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #2174

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Hope the camping is a good as can be.

We are starting to wind down here a bit. Caught up on the yard work and keeping up with the watering. Picked the last of the raspberries and they are on the way to making syrup. Picked the last of the plums and they are in a bowl for eating. Picked a bunch of crab apples and they are on they way to making apple sauce and crab apple syrup. Was not particularly fond of crab apple syup but daughter did some experimenting and came up with a new formula that makes it very tasty. Added a bit of vanilla and what a difference.

Just waiting now for the garden to finish.

Starting to think about and get ready for the snow bird move to the south. Time to wash and wax the coach. Have had a few showers but this week looks good with sun and moderate temperatures.

I find a lot of stuff because I am spending my evenings scouting around the web instead of watching television. Seems like nothing on that is interesting and if there is something interesting it is a re-run. Amazing how many good ideas and innovative thoughts are being posted. Just a matter of winnowing through everything and seeing what is practical.

Glad everyone has their water hooked up. Always seems like there is something going amiss. I find water and electricity to be the most difficult. Water is especially brutal as the pressure keeps looking for a place to get out. Tough part is we like to have more pressure. One of those vicious circles!

Seconds on your brother Tim. It is wonderful what the human spirit, faith and modern medicine can accomplish now a days. Hope the fishing goes well, you all catch big fish and have a great time. Just a thought but have you considered a hand cart to get out on the dock?

Anyway off to do useful stuff today. Working on replacing filters in the RO system in the coach. Who knew it could be that complex as the first thing they asked was what was the mineral content of the water. Dont know and we are 1800 miles away. Easier to wait until we get back south to replace the filters and membrane.

Have a great day everyone and great camping to those who are enjoying their units.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #2175

Hey Gordon!

Where do you winter? You mentioned South?

L.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #2176

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!!
Coffee is good today!!
Lynne, just get a reg. radio with a cd! If you want a weather radio, get a battery powered one, that sets on your counter, you can find at WM or Radio Shack! That way, if inclement weather is approaching, you can turn it on, and see how serious it is. They also make the ones that will come on when the alerts are issued! Your call!!
Glad everyone is back with water on!!
Lloyd, Gordon winters in Yuma, Az.
Waiting for the pic's of the first Camping Weekend from Terry with Frank!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:09 AM   #2177

Morning All!

74 here, and a thunder storm just came by. Short storm, lasted less than 10 mins but we got some rain. Chance of more showers today.

Thanks Rail, we were thinking about wintering someplace (I know not much of a winter here) when we retire. Maybe head out after Christmas return in April. Trying to figure out where we would go.

Winter here is wet and 40's to 50's. The humidity stays high, its a raw cold. With the clay soil, there isn't much you can do outside given its a mud run that last pretty much 12 to 14 weeks.

It was good to Total Rebuild setup in a park. Gotta feel real good to Terry and Eleanor. Great thing they did.

L.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:39 AM   #2178

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
I agree with Rail, just a regular Auto radio will sifice. My weather app on my phone gives me the weather alerts for the area that I am in. I think that I use the weather channel app.
Terry and Eleanor's rig looks great traveling up the drive in the park. we had a very nice visit yesterday afternoon, then went to dinner at a local restaurant. Had a very nice time.
Beautiful sunrise this morning, looking out over the hills you can see some fog hanging over the valley.
Lloyd,
It is nice in west central Florida, a little cooler than southern Fl. but not near as many people and a lot less expensive.
Later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:41 AM   #2179

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning From Pentwater

Good Morning All,

Sun is awake and most of the CG is still sleeping I think. Last night no wind and perfect for camp fires. Peaceful! Coffee is good this AM.

Old CG, over 100 yrs, but they keep it clean and repaired. Has a nice beach at Bass Lake on one side and then access to Lake MI on the other and down the road a bit. We went to Lake MI for the sunset last night and thought you guys might enjoy a picture.

I think Popeye would enjoy the Pirate ship/bus, but I wonder if they have a Popeye one with spinach growing on a roof deck. Now that, he might really get into.

Have a great day everyone. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunset lake MI 2015.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	104335  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #2180

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Glad to see some have made it to camping this weekend. We are getting closer to being able to join in that. I am still finishing up putting more paint on MH. Hope to get tape and paper on today, primer Monday, paint Tuesday. Yesterday was spent mostly repairing. Had to take off double window awning because mount was seriously compromised. Also fixing original mount for driver outside mirror. Hoping for pictures by Wednesday. We plan on a month long trip to northern New Mexico starting around Sept first. Stay safe all.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #2181
bap

LYNNE,,,great pic,,,i could get lost just starring at it,,,------very happy all are doing well,,,------and it is great to see total rebuild set up in a campground,,,---

everyone have a safe and enjoyable day...

and GORDAN,,, fear of the walking dead starts tonight on tv....no reruns on it....yet..
Old 08-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #2182

Gordon
A fine lookin' ship she is !
The figure head is a little bizarre , but on a pirate ship , it works !
Not mine .......but I'd be proud to pilot that craft on the open highways.
I bet they get pulled over a LOT !

Terry
A fine lookin' ship she is !
Finally!!!!!!!!! a picture NOT in your back yard !
I guess it all woiks as planned.
If an RV manufacturer built a copy of yours , but it would be very expensive !!!

I'm having trouble remembering if I'm replying to the total rebuild or the goooooooooodmorning thread ??????? Well , this is where I'm posting the pirate jokes soooooooo....

Again , I've missed a day (or two?) so twofer time.....

What was the name of the pirate's wife ???????

PEG................... Were you expecting Elizabeth Swann ? She was actually a ship's captain and also the pirate king of the brethren court

Why wouldn't they let the 10 year old pirate into the movies ?????

It was Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rated !
Old 08-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #2183

Love the pirate jokes!!!!they make my day....
Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 AM   #2184

Good Morning!

71 degrees here, still dark but it looks cloud covered, can't see any stars. 30% chance of showers today.

Popeye, your killing me with the pirate jokes! You must have 1,000.

Lynne, great picture. The water is so calming.

I had a good weekend, hope you all did the same. Got some of my RV projects completed as we ready for our vacation. Went through all kinds of trouble trying to get my grill hooked up to the RV external gas quick connect. Couldn't get the gas to flow, took half the Rv apart looking for another shutoff valve until I realized, the quick connect was the problem. The male fitting I bought, went in the quick connect and seated tightly, but didn't actually open the internal valve. Had to go buy another quick connector setup (male and female) to get them compatible. Sheeesh! That consumed a 1/2 day and $36.

Have a great day all. Work day for me, work from home day today.

L.