Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 AM   #2185

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up

Morning,
Coffee is great, bought a coffee maker @ the flea market 32 cupper that should last me all day!!!!!
Brother is really doing well even surprising the Doc's. He has 3 therapies a day @ the hospital. They are telling him 2-3 weeks before release, and 5-6 weeks before any weight can be put on his right leg. Returning to work is questionable,@ 62 I think retirement maybe. We'll wait and see.
Opened the drapes on the MH the other morning and there is one of the horses eating the grass. on the wrong side of the fence. I got my shoes on and grabbed a rope and got it on her and brought her back to a different corral, the other 2 were just standing there. I brought them to the other corral also. The first one knocked down the fence and 3 fence post's. went and bought 3 new posts and made the repairs. First big fire put out.
Had a few friends stop by to help them selves to the gardens, I hate to see it go too waste. Pretty sure no canning this year.
Everything in the MH is working flawlessly, fridge, water heater, furnace (running now just came on again) 57 degrees.
Ants are still a problem, I found they are getting in @ the electric cord. We have a sodastream machine on the counter and must of had a overflow and there was some mix under it so I took it out to the garden hose and cleaned it.
I am hoping they will leave now that there is nothing for them any more.
No fishermen's out yesterday to windy had white caps on the lake, I even took down the flag, and put up the aweing even with the anchor ropes with springs and rubber tie downs it was just to much of a risk. I have read of too many that lost there aweing's in high winds.
I have come to the conclusion that I can handle living in the MH as its been going on 5 months staying @ the farm/lake, and maybe 3 days at the S&B in that time.
That's it for now, again thanks for the prayers for my brother to those that offered them.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 06:04 AM   #2186

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Another beautiful partly cloudy morning, a slight breeze and upper 50's. Coffee good again this morning.
Lynne,
We are so glad that you are out enjoying, the pic is wonderful, we will be heading to NW New York tomorrow on the shores of Lake Erie. 2 more weeks (I think) till we meet.
Tim,
Glad that things are working out, and that is wonderful news that your brother is progressing well, we will keep him in our prayers.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:11 AM   #2187

Good morning Frank!

Checkout this campground, really nice.

RV Campgrounds - Brennan Beach RV Campgrounds & Resort in New York, Largest RV Park in the Northeast

L.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #2188

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Great to hear about all of the good mornings. Wonderful to hear about the fantastic progress Tim's brother is making.

Today is the day. Finally worked up enough energy to wash the coach. Janet is off for the funeral of one of her Red Hat chapter members. I will be home unsupervised so I guess washing the coach will keep me out of trouble. Have to go to town for a few supplies so will take the 450 for a bit of exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day. We will try our best to have a good one as well.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #2189

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love Camping!

Good Morning All,

Got down to about 57 last night. Fine inside coach but we have a small electric heater if we need it. Wind blew all night long and it's still cool this am.

Coffee is good and I made a egg hash-brown casserole yesterday and we ate the rest today. Good stuff. Otherwise, enjoying the campfires and relaxing walks.

Most people cleared CG yesterday and just yearly campers here now and a few of us just camping for a few days. Water around here is beautiful and clean. Good swimming when warmer. Had 8 deer come through CG yesterday both in afternoon and evening. Some swamp land N of us so we got to sit and watch them. They don't seem to worried about us since they saw us and just went on eating.

Frank, it won't be long now until we meet and I hope to make it in July down to OK. Have asked for time off so will see if we can make it. Otherwise, look forward to meeting all eventually. I think we will probably pick up more friends along the way too.

Here are a few pictures of the views here. Enjoy and everyone take care. Lynne and Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deer pentwater.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	104505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake MI cg2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	104506  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentwater CG.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	104507  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #2190

Good Morning from Cushing, WI, and I my friends am on my 4th cup contemplating if I want to continue working on the C Class 71 model or make it into a pickup truck.
wisconsinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #2191

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Lynne, very nice pics, glad your enjoying your MH you worked hard for it. Tim, glad to hear your brother is on the mend. Gordon, need to get it washed up, won't be long and you'll be headed south . Popeye, the jokes just keep on coming we do enjoy them . Everyone have a great day
Old 08-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #2192

............So , I was bailing out all the boats this morning at 8am. It was 69* , very foggy , a light drizzle fell on me as I worked my way down the line of boats ,I couldn't see the other shore 1/2 mile away , and a pair of loons surfaced at the end of the dock just 30 feet from me........

the perfect picture..I had been waiting for it all summer.......

I did have my camera with me (I always have it clipped to my belt) and popped it out of it's case ,turned it on ,,,,pre zoomed it to max and then I ...................

heard it close and display the message " Replace Batteries"
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghgghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

Tim
Great to hear your bro is getting better.
If he can , make him part of our group here on the forums , we all would like to get to know him. I'm sure he'd fit right in.
Those horses seem to be testing you...."one of these horses is not like the others"

It's nice to see Terry , Frank and Lynne out enjoying the Rving lifestyle.
Stay tuned as they reveal where they will go next !

What happened to the pirate Blue Beard when he fell into the red sea??????????

He got marooned
Old 08-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #2193

Winnebago Owners Club
Half done the washing. Now I am going to take RO water and rinse the entire coach which means I have to wipe it down by hand.

Yes - starting to think about and prepare for our trip south. Likely leave the beginning of Oct. Ended up with some extra days because of the hip surgery. Probably will not be using them all.

I am starting to feel a great empathy with Lynne and Jerry. They detailed their coach. I am only washing it with a power washer and I am tired.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #2194

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
What a beautiful spot that you are in, those pics are magnificent. Yes it won't be long before we meet. I do hope that you get your time off for next summer.
Lloyd,
Thanks for the link, that is a beautiful campgrounds, we are heading NW instead of NE but will file that one for future reference. We will be on the banks of Lake Erie tomorrow afternoon.
Gordon,
Glad that you got the coach half done anyways. I usually use a spray wax when i wash mine, so far it has been good.
Frank
Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 AM   #2195

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is very good this morning. Weather not so much, foggy this morning, but I can see the sun trying to burn it off. We will just backup our leave time a little bit , we usually leave around 9am when we travel and we have less than a 5 hr drive so no hurry, I do not like driving in fog. Well, slept in till 730 this morning, so need to start packing up.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 08-25-2015, 06:01 AM   #2196

Good morning all!

73 here today, expect to top off at 90. Blue sky at the moment, nice southern summer day.

Frank, we stayed there a few times, nice CG. The beach is pretty, and very empty/peaceful.

I thought about that spray wax, last time I tried it there were streaks everywhere, and the windows were nasty. That was a good many years ago. Maybe they improved?

L.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #2197

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee still good from yesterday in the new to me 32 cupper...
Yesterday was pretty much a wash hit a buried piece of pipe with rope stopped the motor in a second on the lawn tractor. Drove back to the Garage and had Joe cut it all out of the 3 blades took him almost an hour. I took the snapper zero turn to finish the part I was mowing.
Visited with my brother last night he is doing well he thinks they may discharge him the end of the week. They took off the cast yesterday and hooked up a traction type device too keep it immobilized. There is talk that the 2 nephews are coming out to build a ramp at the back door so he will be able to get his temp. wheel chair into the house. I still haven't told him about the horse getting out and the fence he's got enough to worry about.
Talked to my oldest brother last night and he and the wife are coming from NC to visit in September I asked him if he was bringing his TT but he didn't think so. I told my brother that the farm will start to look like a RV Resort before long. We had a good chuckle.
I'll have to ask him if he has heard of irv2. It will be nice to see them again. We haven't seen each other since we lost our father a number of years ago

rvpopeye,
I told him about it last night that there are those sending prayers from irv2. He has 2 old TT and a Ice castle, you ice fish in comfort in the winter and a TT in the summer. I just thought I could hook it up to the PA and off we could go. The Doc's told him at least 6-8 months before he will be able to go back to work. He's a paramedic had his 32 year anniversary while in the hospital some celebration. He'll have plenty of time to visit with you all.
Well I have mowing to do today so Chat latter,
Thanks for the prayers,
Be safe and enjoy
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:42 AM   #2198

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning

Coffee was just fine this AM. Sitting here in the coach and relaxing. Go back home tomorrow morning. Jerry golfs at 3pm so we need to get him back.

Deer came back around yesterday early evening. I had stopped and picked up some apples for them. Didn't take long to find them and eat. They sure got close to the MH and the acorns are also incentive.

Went to a reservoir yesterday that pulls and dumps water into Lake MI. At Ludington. Two miles long and one mile across. Huge and it was a long hard walk to the top but you could see for a long ways. Lake MI was deep blues and aqua colors and white caps all over. Beautiful!

So, our grey water tank was filling over night. Couldn't figure out why so started looking. The shower spray hose was leaking pretty badly. Could fill a 1 1/2 gallon bucket in an hour so have left the grey tank valve open. Any ideas how to fix this or just replace the thing?

Going to get going, you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote