Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #2213
bap

gooodmorning,,,

i cannot remember a day wasted by going fishing,,,,lol

trying out our new coffee maker this morning,,,its one of those single cup makers,,,im having a nice cappuccino right now..very good i might say...

everyone have a great day,,,----stay safe,,...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #2214

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Slept in this morning, very unusual, must be the calming effect of the waves hitting the shore. about 10* warmer than yesterday and the wind died down, just a nice breeze this late morning. Went out for a nice dinner at a local bar & grill last night, no Satellite or antenna reception for the trees, so we had a nice quiet evening, reading, playing cards, and talking, it was too chilly to go for a walk on the shore(also too windy), will do that this afternoon.
Tim,
Hope that you get that infection straightened out in your foot, that is nothing to mess with.
Terry,
Thanks, you would like it here too. It was around 50* for low night before last and only about 60* for a high, but a 20 to 30 mph wind., today is better and the weekend is supposed to be up in the 80's again.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #2215
bap

FRANK,,glad ya got to sleep in,,,those waves are soothing for sure,,,---i rember when i lived on my boat for a couple years,,,,,took me forever to be able to sleep on land...

enjoy,,,glad the wind has died down,,,,---i hate wind more than rain,cold, or snow...
Old 08-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #2216

My first day off with perfect weather in over a month..........
Sleeping in ,,,,,,9:30 phone rings they want me to come in to cover for the kid that covers my day off Oh well , it was a nice day on the lake so can't complain too hard.

I don't drink coffee but did grab a bowl of ice cream on my way in.

What was the pirate's favorite class in school ?????????????????

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Old 08-28-2015, 12:37 AM   #2217

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Thanks for the well wishing.
I had cellulitis in my foot and up my leg last month. On top of that I got stung by a wasp in the area and I will tell you it hurt so bad even putting ice on made it hurt even more. It was something I don't want to have happen again.
Brother Bob is coming home Sat for a overnighter to see how he does. Discharge date is set for next Tuesday.
I'll Have to mow all day tomorrow if it don't rain. I just finished Wednesday and got a lot of the weed whipping done.
I bought 14 new 2 light marker/clearance lights to replace the old 1 light ones. I was going to replace with led's but just couldn't swing it. I'll take before and after shots they should be brighter than the old ones.
I'm thing of buying a inner tube to cut out gasket's , and/or a bead of Caulk. Your thoughts?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 AM   #2218

Morning!

67 here, these cool morning are such an improvement.

Hey Tim! Yes, the down side of the cooler temps here is the grass has been revived and it is growing. I have a lot of grass to mow as well. Will try and get at it after work today.

Wow, I bet the leg/foot was painful! I've not had that problem, would like to avoid. Good news on the brother coming home for a visit. That's a really good sign!

My thoughts, I would not use a tube or gasket. Good quality silicone caulk, on a clean surface would be the way I would go. They used to do gaskets, but I think in between the layers just adds another surface for leakage. It is difficult to get perfectly smooth surfaces for the gasket to work. Silicone conforms, and it a really good adhesive.

It has been a long week. I am ready for the weekend. By this time next week we will be on the road somewhere west of here. Have a few things left to get ready. Gotta lube the chassis, have not done that before on this rig so it will be a bit of a hunt to find all the lube points. Got to finish a light project I am working on, added LED's under the steps to aluminate the way, and a thorough bath is needed.

Got my bike just about ready, got to get it in the trailer and all our riding gear. We are taking warm weather and cold weather gear, where we are headed ya never know!

Here's a pic of me and my friend Gordon, taken 9/13/2012 in Colorado, we got in a snow storm on pikes peak. Only 2 idiots up there on bikes. Got to tell ya, a 800lb Goldwing is a handful in the snow. Extremely lucky to get out of there! Anyway, we are taking warm clothes!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4705.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	436.3 KB
ID:	105003  
Old 08-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #2219

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Slept in till 8 this morning, bap, it sure is soothing with the sound of the waves on the shore. Quite a bit warmer this morning. Coffee extra good this morning, I didn't have to make it, the park has a pot going every morning, so I just walk over and fill my cup. Going for a walk on the beach today sometime and enjoy the water, no boats out yesterday, too rough, today already there are a few out there fishing.
Tim,
I would get a roll of the ribbon caulk that they put on the windows of the RV when they install them, it is soft and pliable. It is relatively inexpensive.
Lloyd,
That had to be a real joy ride in the snow.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #2220
bap

gooodmorning gang,,,-- that would be an awsome ride for sure,,,,

frank you will be in the upper part of west virginia,,,thats about 3 hrs or more away from us,,,,,,--was hopping you would be a little closer...

everyone stay safe out there today.....
Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #2221

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd - is that a black cherry wing? We were close to Pikes Peak but ran out of time on our trip to Colorado. Perhaps next time. I rode in snow going to the Northwest Territories several years ago. Not a pleasant feeling. However on the same trip we went through 3 construction zones when it was raining. Bike performed very well. The bike and I were the same color when I got home. Mud fell off for several months even though I washed it thoroughly.

Spritz - hope you are able to get the foot fixed so it does not occur again.

Tim - I am not a fan of silicone for a sealant. Works OK the first time but will not adhere to itself if you need to top it up. I agree with Frank about the ribbon sealant. Can always add more or easily remove and replace.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #2222

What is a pirate's favorite fast food ???????

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrby's
Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #2223

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Tim, for bee stings put honey on it. Honest, it draws out the poison.

It cooled off here too but appears to be heating up again. Am going to try to finish the waxing tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Some guy came by at the CG and thought the MH was brand new because of the shine. Explained it was a 2004 and he was surprised. Definitely worth all the work.

You all have a good night, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #2224

Evening all!

Lynne, get us a pic of the MH all shined up. Sounds great. Wish I had the time and energy to do mine.

Frank, that sounds like a nice place. No tea ready in the morning? LOL

Hey Gordon, I think its called candy red. I think only available one year 2003. I bought it new. It has been a great bike. Fantastic when we 2-up. Deb quit riding her own bike last year, her bad knee was just too iffy. Too much torque and HP for a snow bike!!

Taking it with us on vacation next week.

A better pic....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_6921.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	105088  
Old 08-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #2225

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like you are on the Dragons Tail.

I have a 2005 black cherry (CDN version of the color). We pull a 2009 Bunk House with it.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #2226

Yes, Dragons Tail. Only about 170 miles from here. We were passing through on a trip west. The photo guys are always everywhere on that road.

We bought that Uni-go back in 98, used it behind our ST1100, then the Wing. It is like Johnny Cash, it has been everywhere! Many of them twice!

If your every out this way, we can go ride. Or maybe next July in Oklahoma.

L.