Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #211

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Well it is night here, and yes Terry, the bed at home is so much better, as I am in it right now! The drive back home was a long one! So much traffic! But we made it safe and sound! You guy's want a adventure sometime, try driving over here in Thailand. No traffic cops, no speed limit's, and they drive on the left side of the road, and the the cars and trucks are driven from the right side! That took some getting used to! To say the least! Happy New Year everyone! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #212
bap

glad u made it home buddy, sounds like an adventure for sure..

coffe is great this morning,,,even though i slept untill 10:30am...lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #213

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, Glad you made it safe and sound, driving sounds like no holds barred !! No Thanks, that left hand stuff would be bad enough, We used to work on a couple mail carriers vehicles, right hand drive, freaky stuff test driving. Bap, I wish I could sleep until 10:30, my old body just won't let me. gotta get a second cup of coffee, Have a great day all.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #214

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning All, Rail, glad that you made it home and are in your own bed. bap, glad that you got to sleep in. Terry, I'm with you, only I am up usually about 7.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #215

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning.

Stopped by a friend's house that bought my TT after I bought the DP....envious of his rig that doesn't have starting issues.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #216
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,,i gotta admit i have had a problem sleeping late,,with the help of nyquil...lol...my whole family has had bronchitis and pnemonia,,,
nyquil before bedtime for me and alka seltzer cold plus threw the day helps for me

but my DW has been way worse she has emphasima and COPD, its hit her very hard..
but she is starting to get better now after predizone and a few trips to the DR...
funny i didnt get it untill i got my first ever flu shot....go figure...lol
Old 12-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #217

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
goodmorning everyone,,,,i gotta admit i have had a problem sleeping late,,with the help of nyquil...lol...my whole family has had bronchitis and pnemonia,,,
nyquil before bedtime for me and alka seltzer cold plus threw the day helps for me

but my DW has been way worse she has emphasima and COPD, its hit her very hard..
but she is starting to get better now after predizone and a few trips to the DR...
funny i didnt get it untill i got my first ever flu shot....go figure...lol
Well BAP, when you get the flu shot, they give a small bit of the flu, so your body can get rid of it on your own, and build up a resistance to it for the future! So, yes, after you get the shot, you get the flu! Just not the full blown version! Some People i know have gotten very sick after the shot! Me, I just take my chances, wash my hands all the time! Eat good, and try to stay away from the kid's! hahahahaha!! The coffee is tasting very good this morning, hope everyone is feeling better around your house! Rail!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #218

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bap, feel better, colds and flu are not fun for sure, they seem to get worse the older we get, take care of the DW. Sam, funny how those TT's never have a problem with starting, . Rail, I'm with you staying away from the kids, when I drove school bus I had every known ailment you can imagine , them kids gave it to me. Have a great day everyone .
Old 12-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #219
bap

yea,our grandson came in about a month ago he had the bronchitis, then we all got hit with it,,i tried lysoling everything down but still didnt work and we all are always washing our hands and try are best to keep the germs naway because i really fear for the DW,s condition,,,but there is no way in the world we will ever stop our grandsons from coming in,,,i tried but the DW will never stop them...lol....and i understand they live right next door and this is there house also...if ya know what i mean...if you dont then you dont have grandkids...lol..

anyway,,goooooooodmorning,,,,everyone here is feeling a little better,,,
Old 12-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #220

As your grandson had learned, "the best way to get rid of a cold (flu) is to give it to someone else!" hope you feel better soon
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #221
bap

thanks spinn, after a month the dw is finally starting to get a little better,,i was afraid she was going to end up in the hospital, her breathing treatments were very hard on her,,,but i can see she is feeling better...

she is back to shopping for another vintage tt,,,,we only have 3 now and 1 still needs a few touch ups and the other is a total rebuild,,,so please send some prayers for me....lol..
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #222

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning everyone! Bap, glad to hear everyone is getting better!
I am getting stronger every day! The doctor told me it would take me a month to fully recover, the first couple of the days after coming home were touch and go, and i remembered what she told me ! I guess the radiation is still bouncing around inside of me ? But today the sun is shining, the weather is nice! And i am feeling so much better!
If she is looking for another project, she must be feeling better too!! Sounds like she likes to keep you busy! Rail!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #223

Good evening to all, since I have a 1 year who dosnt want to sleep anymore I find myself having a late night coffee and browsing trough irv2 lol and also dreaming of what to do next to my mh!!
1989mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #224

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bap glad to hear your DW is looking for another TT to restore, gotta keep you busy! (not that your not already), Rail, so good to hear your getting back to normal, your going to need a night light with the radiation leaving, you won't "glow" anymore!! Our weather here is turning back to normal, COLD, 11 degs as I type. Mallard, I'm glad I don't have that anymore, my youngest is 30 yrs old.