Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #2227

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bap, I knew that I was a little too far away from you to make it this fall, but likr I said we will make it your way in the next couple of years.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 04:13 AM   #2228

Good morning all!

Wow, 64 degree's here! Major cool down compared to the last 3 months. I'll take it!

Gotta finish the yard work this morning, got a bunch of weed whacking to do. I hate that. Got some ditches and around the pond. One day I'm going to buy a sickle for the old tractor and make that easier, I think.

Then back to preparing for our trip. Lube the coach, complete a lighting project I started, check all the fluids, and give it a good bath. Then we are ready to start packing. Gonna put our little trailer in the barn, load the bike and all our riding gear and situate it so all we need to do is hookup.

We leave Thursday afternoon, soon as Deb gets home from work. Decided on Utah. We have been there before, but there is more we would like to do and places we would like to visit again. Going to start in the south, and work our way north.

Have a great Saturday all.

L.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:18 AM   #2229

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
A beautiful morning here, upper 50's right now, but going up to the mid to upper 70's this afternoon. Woke up my usual tome this morning, must be anticipation of the pancake breakfast they are having here at the park.
Lloyd,
Sounds like a nice trip. Are you going to be back by mid October? As always, be safe.
Terry,
You and Eleanor enjoy your week and have fun. Be safe in your travels.
Frank
Old 08-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #2230

Morning Frank!

Yes, we are on the road for 17 days, back here for work on the 21st. Are you passing this way on your way to Florida?

L.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #2231

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Dragon's Tail is on our bucket list , hopefully next year. Lloyd, sounds like your gonna have a nice trip, happy trails for sure. Frank, thanks, hopefully I can hook up to the Internet up there and keep track of all the goings on . Have a Great Day.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #2232

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Terry, Do you have a Hot Spot on your cellphone? If so, you can connect your Laptop to it and get on as long as you have cell signal. I have used ours out on the road in a rest area when we were coming home from Texas to find a CG to stop for the night. Once you set it up you just turn it on or off a needed.

Otherwise, 60% chance of rain here today so going to clean inside of rig. Jerry found a bad O ring in shower and seems to have fixed the leak. Just like a house, one thin or the other but nothing major.

Well, better get to it. Everyone have a safe trip who are traveling, a good day who are home, and hope you find something to make you smile today. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:07 PM   #2233

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lynne, I don't have a Hot spot but we have thought about getting a dedicated one.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #2234

Morning all!

69 degrees here, nice day yesterday we hit 85, but the humidity was lower than our norm.

Got my stuff done on the coach yesterday. The previous owner hadn't lubed it in a long time. It was way overdue. Way dry. Everything seems tight so hope I got her done in time.

We live 1 mile in on a dirt road. The county puts calcium on it to keep the dust down. Very affective. However last time I was out when I returned home it was just after a rain. Yesterday after I gave her a bath, I realized that stuff stained the alum wheels! Ugh! I got some wheels to polish today. Next time I know to wash that stuff off sooner!

Deb's going inside today with her white glove. Cleaning top to bottom,,,, and then its packing time.

Terry, the Dragon should be on your list, gotta to do it and get the T shirt. But in my opinion, about 10 miles from there is the most amazing road. The Cheroholla Skyway. This is a 26 mile long parkway, built in the 1990's going from Robbinsville N.C., to Telico Plains Tenn. AWESOME! A modern constructed parkway, few blind corner, no changing radius corners, through the snowbird mountains, above 6,000ft, with no traffic! You must do it. Very popular for bikes. When it opened it was rated one of the top 10 rides in the USA.

Have a great day guys!

L.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:52 AM   #2235

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
You should have wifi on your smartphone that acts like a hot spot for your laptop. It is good for a short period of time, for long periods, a regular hot spot is better.

Lloyd,
We will be coming down I77 to I26 to I95, how far off those routes are you? If you give me directions, rather than put them on here, send me a PM, if you would, include your cell#.

Lynne,
Sounds like you and Jerry had a nice relaxing time. It is a never ending battle to keep up with the RV, just like the S&B, but it is all worth it with the views that you get and the wonderful people that you meet along the way.

Frank
Old 08-30-2015, 07:14 AM   #2236

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is good this AM. Rained most of yesterday but today the sun has just come out so looks like I will be doing some more waxing today and hopefully get it done.

Frank, I don't mind the work and yes, it is just like the S&Bs, always something. But the views and the peace are well worth it.

Terry, If you have a smart phone you probably have a hot spot. Have a grandchild show you, our son had to show us. I had no idea and now I use it whenever the CG signal is busy or to weak.

Hope you all have a great day! Smile! Lynne
Old 08-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #2237

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All! Been a while since i've been on here. Hope everyone is ok! Been crazy busy working on the apartments in between doing glass jobs at the shop. Looking forward to getting out of here in the MH soon. need a vacation. Only use it has gotten since we sold our house upstate is in the driveway here. Took our three dogs to the groomer and they came home loaded with fleas! Then the groomer just up and walked away from her shop??? Had to take the house apart and bomb it , stayed in the MH , almost all gone now. There is light at the end of the tunnel, will have some time for relaxation soon! Take Care, Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #2238

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning all!

69 degrees here, nice day yesterday we hit 85, but the humidity was lower than our norm.

Got my stuff done on the coach yesterday. The previous owner hadn't lubed it in a long time. It was way overdue. Way dry. Everything seems tight so hope I got her done in time.

We live 1 mile in on a dirt road. The county puts calcium on it to keep the dust down. Very affective. However last time I was out when I returned home it was just after a rain. Yesterday after I gave her a bath, I realized that stuff stained the alum wheels! Ugh! I got some wheels to polish today. Next time I know to wash that stuff off sooner!

Deb's going inside today with her white glove. Cleaning top to bottom,,,, and then its packing time.

Terry, the Dragon should be on your list, gotta to do it and get the T shirt. But in my opinion, about 10 miles from there is the most amazing road. The Cheroholla Skyway. This is a 26 mile long parkway, built in the 1990's going from Robbinsville N.C., to Telico Plains Tenn. AWESOME! A modern constructed parkway, few blind corner, no changing radius corners, through the snowbird mountains, above 6,000ft, with no traffic! You must do it. Very popular for bikes. When it opened it was rated one of the top 10 rides in the USA.

Have a great day guys!

L.
Agree about the Cherholla. Big sweeping curves. You are also close to the west end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Good ride. Any road off of it will have lots of curves.

Several motorcycle campgrounds in the area. Our favorite is Iron Horse. They have a few sites with hookups but I think they are more for staff than clients. I would not hurt to talk to them and see if one was available.

You can pick up the Blue Ridge at Cherokee. There was a bunch of landslides a few years ago and the Parkway was closed by Asheville. Most likely repaired by now so you should be able to go all the way to Front Royal. A stop at Maggie Valley at the Wheels through Time motorcycle museum is really worth the stop. Lots of vintage motorcycles (all of them run) in interesting dioramas. We have been there a couple times and they are always starting some of them.

We stayed at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground (one of the first motorcycle campgrounds) but it is motorcycle only. They have cabins for rent. It is close to Maggi Valley.

We stayed as well at Willville, a motorcycle campground near the east end of the Blue Ridge. Motorcycle only but they have cabins as well.

There are just no bad roads in the area to ride on.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #2239
bap

make sure ya buckle ur chin strap on those roads,,,!!!!!!

and no i would rather not talk about it.....,,,,lol
Old 08-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #2240

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Well, the waxing is done. Put it on (What did you do your RV today) if you want to see the shine. Lot of work but it looks great! Next I am going to start painting the door handles and bay handles. They are pretty faded and scratched up so I can fix that with a little work. Need to also do the driver's side mirror, the other we replaced when we bought it.

Bought a little air compressor to have in the rig today as well as a power cord extension. The cord is like the one connected to the rig. Figured if we ever needed one I would rather already have it rather than try to find one so bought a 30 footer. Just keep finding little things here and there we think are a good idea to have.

Cleaned the inside today too. Going to hopefully go camping again next weekend and every weekend until we meet Frank in MI here. Will post some pics of the local State Park CG when we go there.

Hope you all had a great weekend and a great day tomorrow. I love any day that is off from w--k. Talk with ya later, Lynne