Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #2255

What's a pirate's favorite animal ????????

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdvarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!:face palm:
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 03:55 AM   #2256

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ronspradley,
That's funny.
Well, Good Morning Gang,
Another beautiful morning on the shores of Lake Erie,woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so here I am. Thinking about making a cup of coffee,yes, I think I will do that, so
Later gang, have a wonderful day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:27 AM   #2257

Morning!

70 here, today should be a repeat of yesterday,,, 90 for a high and possible thundershowers, although we didn't see any showers yesterday.

Frank, sounds like such a great spot you are in. Going to have to get up there someday and spend a little time. Years ago, we used to take Pre labor day week off every year, spend 3-4 days on lake Ontario, and then do the NY state fair in Syracuse. Great time. Fantastic fair, rated one of the best in the country. We would RV right at the Fair Grounds spend 2-3 days.

There is a place, that sells sausage and pepper subs that are fantastic. Can't recall their name, but it was fantastic. First thing I think of when I think of the fair.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 AM   #2258

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Another early riser. Travel day today. Reservations in Santa Fe, NM for tomorrow Thursday night. Today will stop at Lubbock, Muleshoe, or Littlefield. Depends on how driver feels. I will try and get a picture up showing where we stop and showing new paint on old MH. Happy trails.

ronspradley/rebecca/3 dogs
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:38 AM   #2259

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All 64 degs this am going for 70s cool and clear here in the Adirondacks going to the Olympic training center today .
Old 09-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #2260

Terry,,, are you going for the figure skating? or the ski jumps? Had no idea up to now you are in training!

Hope you make the team!

L.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #2261

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Yum coffee is good this am. When I left w--k yesterday it was 99. I do love summer but unfortunately I have seen some trees that are showing some color change and I am so not ready for that.

Good news I it's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend so I am going camping. Love it! You all have a great day and hope you see something that makes you smile.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #2262

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is really good this am.
My brother got home yesterday afternoon, they sent him home with a wheel chair and a walker. Sooo glad he's home. I was mowing all day and they brought him to me where I was mowing on the golf cart and after the welcome home he told me I had to pick up all the plums that I ran over with the mower. I said welcome home, we had a good laugh. I continued mowing .

Boy we had a good storm last night, woke me up and I remembered that the aweing was down, I jumped out of bed and got it down and got soaked. It was hotter than hate's yesterday and really humid so the rain felt good we got just under a inch. I have the aweing staked down with rope and use a spring and a bungee cord to take some of the jolt from the high winds. Better safe than sorry.

The lake is like a sheet of glass. I should be out fishing but I want to start replacing the clearance lights, I am replacing the 1 light ones with a 2 light one and dark amber and dark red. I wanted Led's but just couldn't swing that. After 33 years they are ready to be replaced.http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server51....75.75.jpg?c=2 and the red http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server51...0.1280.jpg?c=2 These are leds but the 2 bulb ones are the same, should look nice and brighter than the ones on the MH.

Well the rag top on the 64 leaked so I'll have to borrow my brothers wet vac and dry it out hope the sun comes out too help dry the interior.
Have a great day. Thanks again for the prayers for my brother.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #2263

Weather here is staying in the high 80s , humid and sunny , a front coming through tomorrow then 70s and no humidity Friday then back to hot n hummidddd for all of next week.

Today and tomorrow off then 3 more days of work then will just relax Monday thru Thursday with my AC getting a workout.

Great to see so many out enjoying their RVs , especially Terry after working so much to build it from scratch.Two a doze BUD

Tim
Now you're going to have to get your brother on the forums so we can give him a hard time about making you work so hard .

Why does it take a pirate forever to learn the alphabet ???????????

Because they spend years on the sea..............
Old 09-03-2015, 03:44 AM   #2264

Good Morning All!

We are starting out at 75 today, not a good sign. A short trip back to 90's.

Tim, great to hear your brother is home. Sounds like he is doing well. He is lucky to have you there making it all okay! I went through a like experience years back, and friends and family made all the difference. Left me to just work on getting better! Great job!

Big day for us, we head out on vacation. Deb and I have not done this in 5 years. We spent every off moment we could building this new place where we live, and getting the old place set for sale. We are excited!

We should be on the road around 1:00ish this afternoon. We both are working 1/2 days. The coach and trailer are hitched, and moved up here by the house aimed out the drive.

We are headed west, not sure if we are going to take I 40 west, or I 20, got to yet decide. Have a few adventures planned for the trip, will post some pics and be around when we can connect. Utah here we come!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:45 AM   #2265

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, have a great trip! Tim, good news on your brother.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #2266

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning all,
67 degrees 96% humidity: sad:
Coffee is tasty.
Lloyd & Mrs. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Maybe some time you can come up here to Minnesota.
My brother is doing very well. Thanks again for all the prayers and kind thoughts. They have worked very well. He gets tired pretty fast but considering what he has been thru it is expected. Got to see his leg and its pretty ugly besides the stiches there are burns most likely from the exhaust pipes. I get to also be his chauffeur its pretty hard for him to get into his HHR, I can put the top down on the 64 and honestly I think he likes too ride in it, and a big enough trunk to put his wheel chair.: whistling:
I got too ask him how much I'm mowing and he told me 5-6 acres
I think this is called work camping. I really enjoy the work, The weed whipping or trimming not so much. We use the cut grass to feed the horses.
I am going to start replacing the clearance lights on the MH today when I get back from taking my brother on a few errand's.
Looks like we will be here til the snow starts flying
Have a great day,& safe travels,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM   #2267

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Another beautiful day on the shores of Lake Erie. Went over to Irving, NY yesterday and had breakfast at a little mom and pop bakery/restaurant, went o the Indian reservation and got fuel for the TV, then did leasurly drive back and stopped at a few wineries and brewery to sample their wares. Then a camp fire last night with friends.
Lloyd,
Safe travels and above all else, ENJOY.
Tim,
We are happy that your brother is home and doing well.
Lynne,
Glad that you will be able to go out again this weekend, just a preview of what it is like to do this every day!!!!!!
Have a great day all, be safe and enjoy,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #2268

So cool to see more and more of us on the road now !
You all have fun out there

Tim
A ride in a convertible is almost as good as being on a bike !

What are a pirate's favorite notes to sing ????

All prefer the high C's