Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #2283

well , as of now I;m unemployed , I'll be staying here at the CG a while longer but I;m now a guest not employee.

It was a perfect day weather wise and the busiest day this summer boathouse wise.

I have more pirate jokes left but think I;ll end the series today with the MOST important one ...........................................

Are all pirate jokes lame ?????

Most of them ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #2284

Hi all!

We are in Kanab Utah. Fantastic drive today. Across the Navajo reservation, crossed Glen canyon at the dam to here. Awesome views thru the windshield.

It was 51 when left New Mexico, 82 here.

L.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #2285

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
well , as of now I;m unemployed , I'll be staying here at the CG a while longer but I;m now a guest not employee.

It was a perfect day weather wise and the busiest day this summer boathouse wise.

I have more pirate jokes left but think I;ll end the series today with the MOST important one ...........................................

Are all pirate jokes lame ?????

Most of them ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
So back to full retirement. Get up when you want to, eat when you are hungry and go to bed when you are tired. Life is GRAND!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 AM   #2286
bap

Lloyd and DEB.,,looks like you guys are having a great trip,,,glad ya made it there,,now relax and enjoy..

POPEYE,,congrats on ur retirement,,lol,,,gonna miss the pirate jokes though..

EVERYONE,,,HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY !!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #2287

Morning all!

Lots of rain, thunderstorms started around 3am, still going now at 7:13 am. Our neighbor is in for a surprise when they get up, their site is about 4" deep with water. Supposed to stop by 9 am.

Popeye, kick back and enjoy.

L.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:47 AM   #2288

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is yummy this AM and so was the donut.

Should have gone camping, The weather straightened out and turned beautiful! Did get a lot of things done around here that needed doing though so not a total loss. Removed some bushes needed going away and got the fourth cat of wax on the MH. Also got two coats on the roof and most of the windows cleaned. Going to work on some painting touch ups today and then take it easy.

Popeye, enjoy yourself. I think you enjoyed your work too since it was with boats. Where you going to next?

Meet with Frank and Rita in two weeks. Looking forward to it. Just hope the frozen rhubarb works as well as fresh for the pie or it will be apple I take. Either way, it will be good to meet and enjoy a piece of pie together.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #2289

Morning, got my computer fired up, previous posts were on my tablet/kindle, sorta okay, but hard to work with moving pics etc. And typing is a challenge.

A pic of our campsite here in Kanab. Nice park, right in town, can walk to shopping, dinning, etc..

This is my 3rd visit to this area, however the previous 2 were on a bike. We stopped in Kayenta (Navajo Indian Reservation) yesterday and grabbed lunch at the Burger King. My first stop there was in 2003. It has all been remodeled but all of my stops, they have had a really nice display on the Navajo's WWII contributions, particularly the wind talkers (the movie). Anyway, here is a pic of the display, loaded with many authentic items and the names of all who served.

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150906_173210_resized_1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	106142   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150906_125519_resized_1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	106143  

Old 09-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #2290

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good again this morning, weather is beautiful. Well last day here in New York, leaving for Geneva, Ohio tomorrow for a couple days, then off to Mi to our Sunrisers rally and to meet up with Lynne. Went on a dinner cruise on the Chautauqua Lake last night, was a beautiful 2 1/2 hour cruise around the lake on a steam powered paddle boat, then an hour lazer light show.

Lynne,
The frozen rhubarb sometimes gets a little mushy, so you have to watch the amount of liquid that is in the filling, other than that bring it, even a mushy rhubarb pie is better than no rhubarb pie. I promise I won't complain and I will have a big smile with every bite.

Lloyd,
Sorry for the rain, but enjoy your time out there and above all relax and have fun. Beautiful park, according to the pics.

Popeye,
Glad that you are done W--k and now able to enjoy the park. I agree with bap going to miss those daily pirate jokes.

Montant4two,
Welcome aboard the thread, glad that you chimed in, as you can tell we have become friends on here and welcome newcomers to join us.

Have a great day all and be safe everyone,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #2291

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Rain seems to have ended but predicting showers this afternoon. Got a bit over an inch. Not enough but glad for what we got.

Going to be bunging out the attached garage later today. Looking forward to finding treasures in the stuff.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #2292

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Morning All;
Rain seems to have ended but predicting showers this afternoon. Got a bit over an inch. Not enough but glad for what we got.

Going to be bunging out the attached garage later today. Looking forward to finding treasures in the stuff.
Finished the garage. Dang - did not find any treasures or 5 dollar bills laying in the corners. Only 2 bags of garbage to take out, but they were in the garbage cans.

Oh well - the floor got swept all the way to the corners.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #2293

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Busy Busy Busy, Did I say I've been busy? Went to look at another vehicle for DW hers is just going to take too much to repair, (I didn't think I would ever say that). Cutting grass, should be the last time this year. And repairing the electrical service for #2 sons S&B. And in my spare time I'm working on a video of Total Rebuild to post on You Tube. Lynne, the weather man is always doing that to us, we didn't ride bikes one day because they said it was going to rain......yup it didn't. Lloyd, it looks like you've been busy, also looks very nice. Safe travels for you and Frank, I see your pullin out. Gordon, I'm with you I've never found much in the way of treasure when cleaning out the garage .
Old 09-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #2294

Greetings guys!

Terry, I hate car shopping. Deb and I are talking about that when we return home. We want different things.

Frank from Ohio, your going to Ohio now? Did I get that right?

Gordon, never found a treasure cleaning the garage. Found a few "that's where that was!" items when we moved last November.

We rode the bile to the North Rim today. My 5th visit to the canyon, Deb's 3rd, but my first to the North Rim. Really enjoyed it. It is much nicer than the south rim for 2 reasons...

#1, few people, little traffic.

#2, due to the higher elevation, it is cover in ponderosa pines. Amazing beautiful scenery even without the canyon. The ride there was really pretty. Huge meadows surrounded by forests.

A few pics, the one with the arch, enlarge it. It frames a view of the Colorado River 1.3 miles below!

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150907_142049_resized.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	396.5 KB
ID:	106246   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150907_105632_resized.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	106247  

Old 09-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #2295

More pics, slow internet, times out if I try 4 in a single lift!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150907_134649_resized.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	106248   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150907_134719_resized.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	106249  

Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 AM   #2296

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lloyd,
I have been in Westfield, NY for the last 2 weeks, we are stopping off at Geneva, Oh for 3 days, then off to Frankenmuth, Mi. Those pics are beautiful, what a view.
Terry,
Thanks, yes we are pulling out in a couple hours, have a whole 85 miles to go.
Gordon,
Glad that you got the garage all cleaned out. Won't be long before you will be heading south.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote