Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #2297

Morning!

59 here this morning, no clouds in sight at the moment. Had to turn on the heat in the coach this morning. 61 is a bit chilly to have breakfast.

Safe travels Frank!

Gordon, does someone look after your place while your away for so long? Debbie and I were dreaming of maybe being able to do the same when we retire, but are not yet on the page that we would want to sell our home and fulltime.

We would like to leave after Christmas, maybe return in early April which is when our weather gets very nice.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #2298

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Rebecca and I are enjoying our visit to Santa Fe NM and enjoying this beautiful weather. 80 high yesterday, looked at weather and it was 100 at home. Yesterday saw Los Alamos and Bandelier National Monument. Today downtown to the O"Keeffe Museum and The Plaza. Thursday easing up towards Taos.

Everyone stay safe out there. Happy trails.

ronspradley/rebecca
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #2299

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana4two View Post
Good morning everyone! Sitting here with my coffee and puppy on my lap looking out on the pouring rain here in Wabamun, Alberta. Countdown is on for our trip south to the Imperial Dam LTVA in Arizona after Thanksgiving (Canadian that is). Hope everyone is enjoying their day
Montana4two; It apears you are closse to us at both ends. We live near Spruce Grove and winter near Yuma.

There is a couple from Wabamun that winter at our RV park.

For some reason some of my posts are going missing. Hmmm
Old 09-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #2300

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning!

59 here this morning, no clouds in sight at the moment. Had to turn on the heat in the coach this morning. 61 is a bit chilly to have breakfast.

Safe travels Frank!

Gordon, does someone look after your place while your away for so long? Debbie and I were dreaming of maybe being able to do the same when we retire, but are not yet on the page that we would want to sell our home and fulltime.

We would like to leave after Christmas, maybe return in early April which is when our weather gets very nice.

L.
Yes - we hire a neighbour to look after it while we are gone. Daughter and son are also close. Next door neighbours keep an eye on it as well.

Not sure we will full time for all that long. Currently like being "on the land" in the summer time. Like growing a garden and mowing the grass. Am/have laid out flower beds etc so I can mow most without doing any grass whipping. Zero turn mower plus tractor mower make grass a breeze. When looking after the place becomes too much or lose interest there may be a short transition from property to retirement facility through full timing. Jury is out on that right now.

We are leaving on Oct 3. Plan is to come back for Christmas but will fly if that is the case. Will return in late March, early April. We try to avoid travelling in the snow.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #2301

Well , my Straighttalk Hotspot has been a pain , or actually it is working great , it's the company that keeps being the problem

Anyway I've been off for a couple of days and so much posted to respond to , here goes...............

Lloyd
I love that part of the country , I'm green with envy. Those pics were terrific ! I'll be saving them to my wallpaper folder

Gordon
YES retirement IS grand! Thought my old job was livin' the dream , but this is better (even without the paycheck).
(bap....Workamping is never a "job" due to careful selection , just a way to get extra income now and then.)

I hatesk when there isn't any treasure where you were hoping to find some.

Lynne
Not going far at all , a few miles down the coast to spend some time with my mom and her sister , promised to take them to a secret ocean spot at least once a week till it gets too cold .

Frank
Paddle steamer WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron
Also envy you in NM

To ALL

The pirate jokes will still show up from time to time (I'm not letting you off that easy.) Ya scurvy bunch ! ARRRRRRRRRRGH

I'm eventually going to re-locate to the SW states fulltime.
So easy to find the perfect weather by just moving a little bit !!!
I did mention that I think I also have some lizards in my ancestral tree !
Old 09-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #2302

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening All, Lloyd, I'm jealous that is on my bucket list, the north rim sounds and looks great. Everyone that's on the roads be safe. Frank, 85 miles! you can't even stop for coffee in that many miles . For all the promised video is up on U Tube, the link is on my thread.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:47 AM   #2303

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Some how I lost my page and its late so off to bed and retry in the am
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:12 AM   #2304

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, watching the sunrise out the dining window. was in the lower 90's yesterday, only about 80 today for a high.
Well let me tell you what happened yesterday, I got in to the campground and all set up, just getting ready to sit down and have a cold one, and I get a phone call from the park. We have a double booking on your site on Thursday, you will have to leave a day early. I'm already upset because I told them I wanted a site to use my satellite, and guess what, a tree was perfectly in line with the satellite dish, it would have worked 1 site over, grrrr. So I told her never mind, will go elsewhere, unhooked everything , put it back rehooked up, got my money back and we came to another campground. of course, it was in the mid 90's for temperatures. I wouldn't have minded if they would have told me when we checked in, but to wait till after I was all set up and and unhooked, there is no excuse.
Ok enough of my rant, needless to say I won't be returning to that campground again. we drove down thru Geneva on the Lake, just about deserted, they close up shop Labor day. Had a nice dinner out on the covered patio at one of the local wineries/ restaurants and had a pitcher of Sangria made with their wine. We sat their for over an hour just enjoying.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #2305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Montana4two; It apears you are closse to us at both ends. We live near Spruce Grove and winter near Yuma.

There is a couple from Wabamun that winter at our RV park.

For some reason some of my posts are going missing. Hmmm
Small world! Quite foggy here at Wabamun this morning. The furnace on the 5er is working overtime this morning.
Side question.....have you filled out the "stronger connection to another Country form" yet. We are still on the fence about doing it
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #2306

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Loving the coffee this AM. We have had a lot of clouds and rain on and off since Friday. This am is overcast and who knows what we will get today and later tis week. I w--k the weekend anyway so it doesn't much matter.

Do you guys who winterize do your own? Since this is our first time, we plan to lt someone else do it so we don't miss anything. Probably no that big a deal but sure don't want any broken pipes.

Otherwise, hope you all are doing fine today and any traveling have a safe trip. Take care all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #2307

Morning all!

59 degrees here again this morning. We are headed to Page, Az on the bike this morning, touring Antelope Canyon at noon. I was there once before, for Deb its a first time, she is in for a treat.

Bummer on the campground Frank. I would have moved as well. We had a like experience at this campground. We were about 90 mins away and they called and said they didn't have a site for us. The site we reserved was too small. Deb told the person we reserved with 2 days before our exact length, etc etc.. So we had to go here anyway we told them we would come look. We fit just fine, in fact could be 10' longer and fit. Aggravating as they had us panicking cause we though on Sunday of Labor Day weekend we didn't have a site!

Gordon, that sounds like what we need to do. I enjoy our place, got the same setup, tractor and zero turn mower, and enjoy maintaining it all. But really enjoy this travel and would like to get away from the cold damp S.C. winters.

Lynne, I winterize my own for many years now. It is not difficult. Just be thorough. Make sure antifreeze comes out every water faucet. Hot and cold, don't forget the outside shower!!!

We visited Zion yesterday. Did a short 2 mile hike on the Kayenta trail. Had dinner at a restaurant I found called Oscar's in Springdale. Highly recommend it all! The ribs are the best!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150908_134638_resized.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	409.8 KB
ID:	106389   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150908_141344_resized.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	106390  

Old 09-09-2015, 08:31 AM   #2308

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana4two View Post
Small world! Quite foggy here at Wabamun this morning. The furnace on the 5er is working overtime this morning.
Side question.....have you filled out the "stronger connection to another Country form" yet. We are still on the fence about doing it
You are talking about the 8088 "Closer Connections Form". Yes we do.

There are a number of considerations. While we do not exceed the 182 day per year limit, we do exceed the 3 year limit. We have filled out the form for the past 7 years.

There is a small chance you will get caught up in the beaurocracy but if the IRS decides you qualify you cannot fill out and back date the forms. If they decide you are part of the 'resident alien' group you will end up paying tax to the US for all of your world wide income.

My main concern is if they decide that I am resident in the US we may lose residency in Alberta which would affect health care.

The form is downloadable and very easy to complete. Has to be done each spring so it takes about 15 minutes and one stamp.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #2309

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

Loving the coffee this AM. We have had a lot of clouds and rain on and off since Friday. This am is overcast and who knows what we will get today and later tis week. I w--k the weekend anyway so it doesn't much matter.

Do you guys who winterize do your own? Since this is our first time, we plan to lt someone else do it so we don't miss anything. Probably no that big a deal but sure don't want any broken pipes.

Otherwise, hope you all are doing fine today and any traveling have a safe trip. Take care all. Lynne
Lynne and Gerry;
I have done the winterizing for our units for years. Now not so much so because we are south during the cold weather.

I always doubled up on the prevention. I hooked a compressor to the water lines and blew everything out, every tap including outside shower and the low points. Then I hooked up and filled everything with pink. Some complain about residual taste from the pink but we did not find it lasted very long, generally less than a couple days. We run RO water so flushing was limited. If we had good well water I think it could be flushed out in less than an hour (and water the grass).
Old 09-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #2310

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank - sorry for your frustration. I would have told them it was their problem and let them deal with it. If I were to move they would have to compensate me as I had booked and had a comfirmation and now I was being inconvenienced.

I would avoid them in the future, tell my friends to avoid them as well as whoever else I was speaking with.