Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #2311

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey all, just a quick note, Gordon, Tim, I too have lost posts, very aggravated at it, to take the time to write everything out, and hit send, and nothing! Do not know where it goes? I will try again tomorrow, if this one goes thru! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #2312

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rail, Me too, I thought I was doing something, What I do is highlight the post and copy it then if I lose it I just paste it on a new reply.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #2313

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Doesn't it surprise you guys that you can build a TH, fix a tractor, build a motorcycle or car, and can't figure out where your post goes to? It happens to all of us.

Another fuzzy day but no rain. Guess the weather is supposed to get in the 40's at night this weekend. Haven't tried out the furnace on the MH yet. Guess I better figure out how it works. Do have the Edenpure though and it will cover it.

Have a great night all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #2314

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lynne, Posts coming up missing is this very mysterious action that happens deep in the dark abyss of the Internet . You just can't reach in and grab it . Kinda like where does the one sock go in the washer?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #2315

Winnebago Owners Club
I always thought I would ask Bill Gates for a couple nights in one of the bedrooms of his big house. I feel that my purchases of software to keep up as well as the days I spent having to reformat the computer, etc qualified me to stay there at his expense.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #2316

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
If you and Jerry want, I can walk you through the winterization process when we meet up. It is not that difficult.
Lloyd,
I would be worried too, around the holidays if you don't have a reservation, you more than likely would be staying in a parking lot.
Gordon,
I was so ticked off to start with because of the no satillite, after I told them not to put us around trees, that I just said to give me my money back and we would leave, went about 5 or 6 miles down the road and got another campground that actually suits our purposes better. I agree with telling everyone that comes up this way to stay away.

I found out that if you back up a page to check on another post that you will lose yours if you don't copy it first. Also a slow internet connection when you hit post can cause the post to disappear. just a thought.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #2317

Gulf Streamers Club
I have a special key on my computer that makes my posts disappear. Unfortunately, I do not know where that key is located. I just know that sometimes I touch it and magically my post goes poof.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #2318

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
I have a special key on my computer that makes my posts disappear. Unfortunately, I do not know where that key is located. I just know that sometimes I touch it and magically my post goes poof.

ronspradley
Ron - I think it is called a hot key. I do know that after applying it a couple times I get quite hot. LOL

I think it has to do with how long the page is open. It will lose connection when you try to post. Although the page will refresh with the lastest posts it will not allow you to post. I take a copy now and close the thread and reopen it. Has worked so far.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #2319

Hi All!

Till I retire, I manage a large team of technology support people for a very large firm you have all heard of....

Our term for what you all are complaining about is a PIBKAC..

That is mostly likely the cause of your lost posts.

Problem Is Between Keyboard And Chair
Old 09-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #2320

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, very good idea, on the "copy" first!! Will do from now on!
Lloyd, you are up in my old trucking stomping grounds now! I used to haul ammunition to the big WM distribution center in Hurricane, Ut. I loved trucking up thru the reservation's and the deals on the goods they sell! The scenery up there is some of the best in the country! Enjoy!
Oh, by the way, the coffee was very good today!!
Everyone be safe in your travel's and enjoy!
Anyone heard from Curtis or Jay or Bobby lately? I know it is a busy time of the season, but a quick hello would be good!!
Ron, I have that key too! But do not know which it is either?? Hahahaha!
Take care!! Rail!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:27 AM   #2321

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good again this morning, went to a craft brewery yesterday and had a couple glasses of craft beer and a wonderful lunch/dinner, didn't do a lot of sightseeing, going to have a nice dinner today at a local winery/restaurant.
Rail,
I was wondering about Jay, and Curtis also, Bobby sent me a PM about 3 weeks ago and he was redoing a flooded out apartment that they owned and he and Sally were taking care of his mother for a while to give his sister a break.
Gordon,
I wondered about your time in the states, and I don't blame you about not wanting to shorten your winter stay. I didn't realize that it would be 2000 miles one way, that is a long way to come for that. Maybe when we do our Alaska trip in 2017, we can swing your way and meet up. will get with you when we do our planning for the trip.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #2322

Morning!

64 here this morning. We travel to Bryce today. Stay there one night and check it out. We have been there before, but always amazes me. 1/2 the campground seems to be packing up today, hope they are not all headed to Bryce!

Gordon, wasn't aware we had those restrictions on our Canadian neighbors. That adds another aspect to all of this. Kinda forced to stick to the 6 month plan. Of course you have a much worse winter to avoid then we do in S.C..

Went to Antelope yesterday, Deb really enjoyed it. The guide was excellent.

Stopped at Glen Canyon Dam, and during the course of our visit found out they are struggling with a interesting problem. A 535 ton slab of Navajo sandstone is threatening to fall off the wall of the canyon and land on the machine shop at the base of the dam. Workers are repelling down the 800' cliff and attempting to drill and bolt it to the wall. Meanwhile all activities below are canceled. I mentioned this to our neighbor at the site next to us and it turns out she is a geologist, from her self description well know, has a couple of books out. She says it will never work, they are going to have to deal with the breakoff, or figure out a way to take it down one chunk at a time.

Meanwhile, there is a rafting company that starts runs at the base of the dam, they are shutdown until further notice. About 15 rafts sit tied off and no one can go to them.

Massive slab of unstable rock disrupting river activities near G - CBS 5 - KPHO

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150909_132225_resized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	106472   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150909_140851_resized.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	106473  

Old 09-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #2323

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Woke up this AM to rain, 94 degs yesterday 64 today. Coffee is real good on a rainy day such as this. Lloyd, the pics you have are just fantastic thanks for sharing . Frank, Sounds like you and Rita are really enjoying the lifestyle, good for you, will hopefully do the same. Have a Great Day All.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #2324

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Packing and getting ready to leave on a weekend campout with a group of friends. Is the windup campout with this group. Then everyone goes home and starts to winterize.

We will not winterize but the coach will be heated from now on.

Managing days out of country is tedious but not overwhelming. The big issue is managing the number of days out so we can do all we want. We generally spend about 5 months snowbirding and a month taking motorcycle trips. Next year our friends are planning to head over to Illinois for a bike rally. Competing interests for the same days. We generally end up with 170 - 180 days out of the country so there is not much wiggle room. It will all sort itself out as time goes on. We are considering everything.

Rumor has it that Congress has approved extending the time to 8 months. One of many steps required to get it to work. There has to be approval and then negotiations as it affects the agreement between Canada and the US. We are only allowed to be out of Alberta for 7 months before our health care is voided. That will have to be sorted out as well before everything is a go.

Anyway hope all have a great weekend. Am leaving the computer at home so will be out of touch.