Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #2325

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Goda Afternoon All,

Frank, it would be great of you to show us how to winterize. We want to learn as much as we can so any pointers you have please feel free to let us know. Some stuff we are not sure we have right so would not mind at all the instruction and or corrections.

LLoyd, beautiful pictures. Have been to Grand Canyon twice but have not had the time to check out other places near there. That's one thing about retirement I look forward to is having the time and NOT having to rush to be back to w--k on Monday. Probably won't be able to make it to OK in July due to not being able to get enough time off and the distance and driving time and then back to w==k on Monday. Will have to wait another year. Probably going to go camping though.

Gordon and Janet, safe trip! Have fun! Ron, I think I have that same key and I have no idea which one it is either. Dang!

Everyone have a good day, talk with you another time. Just texted Curtis, will see if he responds. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #2326

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Curtis and Melissa doing fine. He is driving the car so she texted back. He has been busy in garage doing things. Will message when not busy.

Just texted Bobby, will let you know if I hear anything. Lynne

Old 09-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #2327

A question on this thread. Do you all know each other and this is how you keep in touch? Seems like you have been texting for quite a while and would hate to try to join in on a group of friends.
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #2328

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Paul and Lorraine,

You are more than welcomed to join us. Some of us have met or will be meeting soon but we love new friends to join the group. I think this started about coffee and turned into a place for people to visit.

We discuss coffee, our RVs, health issues, anything we come up with. Some people visit once in a while or when they aren't busy. Winter seems to be the busiest time for this thread. I joined about a year ago when I came to IRV2 to learn about RVing so I could make a half intelligent decision on which MH to buy.

Many of us are on other threads as well but you are more than welcome, so come back and chat, any subject is good. Welcome to the coffee gang. Lynne
Old 09-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #2329

Thank you, Lynne, good to know. Just didn't want to butt in, lol!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #2330

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
I will be happy to show you and answer any questions that I can. Thanks for texting Curtis, was beginning to worry about him. As I said before I PMed with Bobby about 3 weeks ago and he said that he was really busy. We are sorry that you can't make it to Jay's, like you said, maybe the next year.
Terry,
Thank you, yes Rita and I are enjoying ourselves and really love this lifestyle.
Paul,
We didn't know each other until chatting on here and over at total rebuild, we have just become friends through here, and meet as we cross paths. So as Lynne said, just join in with the group.
Lloyd,
That is really some cool stuff, have a safe trip up to your next stop.
Gordon,
Have a good time this weekend.

Leaving in the morning for Frankenmuth, Mi, have to go right through the middle of Cleveland on I90, so I won't be leaving until after 8:30.
Catch you all in the morning,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #2331

Busy day today. Visited my Mom and Dad in their assisted living facility (both have Alzheimer's) getting them stocked up on essentials before we leave for Arizona, October 14th. Paul had his doctors appointment today, got his 6 month prescription. Travel insurance arrived in the mail (another check on my list). Now we just have to change our Canadian dollars over to US. At 75c on e US dollar better take a box of Kleenex with me when I go to the bank.
Enjoying late sunshine and watching Patriots, Steelers in TV. yeah! Football season begins. Go Broncos!

Lorraine
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #2332

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lorraine,
Seems like the time to travel never gets here unless you have things to do then there is never enough time.
Well gang, another beautiful day here up on the shores of Lake Erie(this time in Geneva, Oh) but alsa, it is almost time to head for Michigan.
Talked with our friends from Windsor yesterday and they are going to spend the day with us tomorrow so we will have a good day.
Got to get going if I want to leave by 9, have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #2333
bap

goodmorning gang!!!!!,,,foggy here as i type,,going to 80 today then our high will be 60 for sat an sunday,,,best be breaking out the long johns...lol,,,
just started working on the 68 winnebago, i will post some pics up along the way when i get a chance,,,also the father -in law and i have been making apple cider..the apples from our orchard are just about perfect now..
PAUL and LORRAIN,,,,great to have you here at the goodmorning thread,,these folks on here are the kind of people you hope to meet..i honestly cant say enough good things about them,,it has been great getting to know them on here and i welcome the day i can meet them in person..soo welcome again and look forward to getting to know you guy,s as well..

everyone have a safe day.....---
Old 09-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #2334

Good morning!

For about 16 years I worked with a guy and we became friends. I have always loved motorcycles, he caught the bug, bought a brand new Honda 550/4 in 1978 and started riding. I rode with him for the period that he learned to ride, and we became friends. We did a number of motorcycle trips together with others, and in later years boated, and just spent time together daily at work.

At some point Jim took another job, and we saw less of each other but stayed in touch. His new job was in N.Y.C., he lived about 40 miles north of the city and commuted. Unfortunately, Jim's office was in the World Trade Center South Tower. The first plane struck at the exact location of Jim's office and he was lost 14 years ago today.

Don't mean to bum everyone out today but remember 911!

We are at Bryce. No pics today, I got them but the service here is not good enough to load them. Woke up this morning 39 degrees outside, 49 in the coach. The cats and the DW elected me to get up and fire up the furnace!

We are taking a leisurely drive to Torrey Utah today, some of Cayonlands, Kodachome State Park, and Escalante along the way.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #2335

Hi Gang, just another day in paradise for me! Sorry I've been gone so long. Lynne texted me, but my phone is going crazy since I cracked the screen working on the apartment. At least all that is left is a bunch of moldings then priming the walls, the lady who is moving in said she'd paint it. Cut down a tree in back with vines growing thru the roof of the shed and all intertwined with the cable and telephone lines. Had 38 contractors bags of crap from that and the town decided after the labor day holiday they were not going to pickup grass till next week! Had to load them in the pickup and take them to the town dump, at least that is free! Well, hope everyone is well and i'll be back on here again! Bobby
Old 09-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #2336

Making an attempt at loading yesterdays pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150910_115023_resized.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	106597   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150910_162907_resized_1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	106598  

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #2337

BeUtiful pics, Lloyd
Old 09-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #2338

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Wow Lloyd! Beautiful pics, I want to go. Looks like a great place to sit a while and just look at God's creation. Wow! There sure are some beautiful places in this country. Retirement is going to be great!

Paul and Lorraine, Glad you are joining us. We never have enough friendly people to converse with. Do you get travel insurance because of your home insurance doesn't cover here? Just curious.

Bobby, Glad to hear from you again. I have Verizon and have always had good luck. Our kids tried both Sprint and another one and went back to Verizon because they couldn't get service in their own houses. Hope you have better luck if you change.

Bap, I agree that we have a great bunch here and sure look forward to meeting Frank and Rita next week and hopefully all of us can meet up some place central eventually. Would be a great camp fire meeting and snacking.

Well, will be on late tomorrow too so see each of you then. Take care and keep safe. Lynne