Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #2353

Morning all from Moab Utah!

55 degree's here, looks to be a sunny day.

We have struggled with internet connectivity last few days, wifi, cell, no matter wasn't anything working.

We left Bryce and moved to Torrey, drove Utah route 12. My 3rd time through, previous 2 on a bike. Wow, what a pretty place! Deb took 4 pics per mile. This road is 108 miles, it changes through 3 climate zones and gets to 9,600 ft. The highlight is a section called the devils backbone. About 1 mile, 1,000 ft deep canyons on each side of the road, no shoulders, no guardrails, just in driver you trust!

We left Torrey yesterday, and stopped in Goblin State Park. Yep, you read that right. Pretty unique place see pic.

Frank, great job on the parking. We ended up at the RV portal in Moab. This is a fancy smancy RV resort. Perfectly landscaped, some sites are condos, all sites are for sale. Anyway when we checked in, they reminded us twice if you drive on the "landscape" there is a $100 change!! The pressure was on. We made it in, kept all our tires on the pavement!

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150911_130743_resized.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	106735   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150912_121415_resized.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	106736  

Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #2354
bap

TIM, that is great news ,,im sure your brother is ready to get that thing off...

LYNNE,, fall is my favorite time of year...plenty of nice camping left,the campfire always feels good and the leaves turn there colors its awsome...

FRANK,,,glad your having such a great time...

Lloyd,,,i am loving those pics,,thank you for taking us along...

everyone have a great day....

Old 09-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #2355

A couple more pics, our lunch stop on Utah 12, the RV portal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150911_125133_resized_1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	106737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150912_172548_resized.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	106738  

Old 09-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #2356

Winnebago Owners Club
Had a great weekend. The weather was great. Played my first game of horse shoes. Got beat but will live to play again.

Was one of the cooks for breakfast. I was the egg man. Lot of fun and it turned out good.

Coach got 8.7 mpg (10.5 Cdn) after it was remapped. That is the average of both ways.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #2357

Evening all!

Gosh Gordon, that is terrific mileage. Gotta believe your coach is a good bit heavier than mine I have not been able to get 8. Very cool.

We are still in Moab. Today we rented a Jeep Rubicon that has a few mods. We did this after I was able to secure a back country permit ( they are limited) to drive the Canyonlands Natl Park White Rim Trail. We are excited. We leave in the morning. It is 12 hours of driving, plus stops. We are camping in a tent on the trail, should get back here to the coach Tuesday night.

Google White Rim Trail, and Schaffer Switch Backs and you will see better pics than I can take. Both Deb and I are really excited about this. But wasn't really sure it would happen till we got the permit. You have to get the permit in person at the visitors center, 24 hours in advance.

Any way, Jessica is our ride. This afternoon we did a pre run the rental company recommended, 4 hours, Potash Road, and Pucker Pass. We each drove 1/2. Nothing like this back home, 12' wide ungraded dirt roads, 10% to 12% grades, 2,000' drops 18" away. This promises to be and adventure.

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150913_122840_resized.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	106839   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150913_171359_resized.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	106840  

Old 09-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #2358

A few pics................
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150913_152812_resized.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	106841   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150913_162708_resized.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	106842  

Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #2359

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Beautiful morning, although a little chilly, in the mid 40's, going up into the 70's though.

Gordon,
Glad that you had a good time, and that's great mileage, were you pulling the stacker?

Lloyd,
What wonderful views that you are seeing, thanks for sharing the pics with us. Jessica looks like see will serve you well.

Have a great day all, and for those traveling as always , be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #2360

Morning All! Beautiful day out here in NY ! More Politicians being indicted, yay! Guess we won't be buying anymore fast food as they forced a $15.00 minimum wage on them. Go Cuomo! On the other hand or should I say fingers, Sally's fingers are sore as hell after a month of trying to get rid of the flea infestation our 3 little ones brought home from the groomer! This is ridiculous, after bombing the house, her bathing and picking everyday her fingertips are raw! Hope it gets better soon, she keeps loking over at the garage , asking about how many shovels I have in there!!! LOL! Sure going to get rid of them before we go out in the MH, the Fleas not our pals! Frank if you can get us the number of the place in Brooksville we 'd like to see about going back there as long as you guys are there! Long road to finish the 2 apartments but it WILL be done this week, then i'm going to take a break. Hope everyone is Healthy, Happy and Healing! Gotta get to work . Bobby
Old 09-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #2361

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Lloyd, Love those pics! , really like the western areas for the views. Gordon, I wish I got that kind of mileage out of my old TV. Tim, great news on your brother. been cold and damp here but supposed to go into the 80"s after Wednesday. Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:32 AM   #2362

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby,
The # is 352-796-5760. Yes we will be there from around the 2oth of Oct. to somewhere around the 24th or 25th of April. The Park was sold and they are doing a lot of renovations, but a lot of the same people will be there.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #2363
bap

Lloyd,,,,enjoy your ride,,,i know i would..jessica should take you any where you want to go...------and again thanks for all the pictures....
Old 09-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #2364

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Beautiful day here visiting Taos, NM. Bobby, like your healthy, happy, healing. We are working on the best two out of three.

Picture of morning sunrise here in Taos.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Taos sunrise.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	106874  
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #2365

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Lloyd - sounds like and looks like you will really enjoy the ride on the white rim road. The road looks interesting and I think it will be exciting.

Our coach weighs 41,000 without the stacker. We were not pulling the stacker on this outing. It is the first outing since the remapping. The Freightliner guy said the mapping should be checked every couple years. I will keep track of the mileage and if it starts dropping off will take it back for a checkup.

Supposed to be rainy here for a couple days. Need the moisture but I also want to get out and start doing some of the fall yard work. It will be as it always is a mad rush to get most of the stuff done before we leave. Always seem to miss something that we would like to do. But it will wait till spring.

Drove through about a 1/2 hour of rain on the way home yesterday. Just enough to mess up the wash job I did a couple weeks ago. I am thinking I will try washing the coach in the rain and see how it turns out. I seem to be able to get myself soaked when washing it so the rain will not matter, except to rinse it.

Welcome back Bobby. It is good to hear you are getting to a point that you can take it a bit easier.

Ron - the Taos picture is getting me excited about returning south for the winter.

Janet is off to a retreat with her Red Hat chapter. Once again I will be without adult supervision for a few days. Will not get into too much trouble as I have a self imposed "to do" list.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #2366

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! The coffee was very good today!
Lloyd, those pic's are great! I always wanted to go on some of those trails you see heading off from the main road! Have a great time, I'm sure you will!!
Ron, I have a friend that has a cabin up there, it is flat one of the most beautiful places on earth! Enjoy!
Bobby, good to hear from you!
Gordon, behave yourself, and do not get into too much trouble!
Everyone else, have a great day!!
Rail!