Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #2381

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Baking Pies

Good Evening All,

Beautiful day here today. Hope it stays this way for another month or so. Baked a pie today for Frank and another one for Rita. Looking forward to sharing those pies on Friday or Saturday. Depends on how busy they are with friends there.

Here's a pic Frank. The Rhubarb smelt wonderful!

See you Friday Frank and Rita. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhubarb pie.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	107067  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #2382

Good Morning. Been busier than a one leg'd man in a bottom kicking contest.
Got a lot of projects done in the shop so I could get away. You guys are going to love my motorcycle carrier I finished up last night.

Just got back from Chicago IL. Was there through 9/11 and spent the entire weekend looking over my shoulder waiting for trouble. But we lucked out. All the killings took place south of us. But, I was ready! Better to be udged by 12 than carried by 6.

Headed back out this Friday (Uh, that's tomorrow!) for a motorcycle ride in the Mountains. (Dirt Bike this time)
Will finish our trip riding in Moab UT. Yea! I love Moab!

Well gotta go out and get the 650 geared down and the oil changed for the trip.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #2383

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
I understand about fitting the mood, lol.
Lloyd,
Thank you for the pics, your trip has to be a once in a lifetime type adventure, even though you have been there before.
Lynne,
MMMMMMM, I can smell them already, OOOpppssssss, just drooled all over the keyboard. We have dinner at Zendhers with the group Friday evening, at 5, we will be free after we get back from that. Also the group is having breakfast at Tony's on Saturday morning and you are more than welcome to join us, we have a small group this time, 9 couples so there is plenty of room for you and Jerry. And they have already told me to make sure that we invite you to come along. We have spent 2 afternoons touring downtown, saw the church, but haven't stopped yet. See you tomorrow.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #2384

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Rain has stopped and the sun is coming out. Going to be a bluebird day. Unfortunately it was only a couple degrees above freezing overnight. Have turned the heat on in the coach so I do not have to winterize it. Lazy I guess but we are leaving in a couple weeks so to go through all of the effort seems excessive.

Will be starting to take the last of the garden off and picking up the leaves, etc. Lots of work to do but if we chop it off in small units it will be done before we go.

Supposed to be nice for the next few days so pitter patter.

Have a great day everyone. If you are camping enjoy yourselves, if you are driving - drive safe and if you are staying at home - I hope you are getting some time to relax as well.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #2385

Well we had a really good frost this morning. The good news....blue sky and sunshine is back for today and warmer temps. This time of year it would be nice to be on the road, but last minute doctors appointments, medications to be filled and Canadian Thanksgiving with family means we stay put.
Fingers crossed we do not have to see the dreaded snow this fall before we leave!
Lynn the pies look delicious!
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #2386

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon, All.
Coffee is still going down well,
I C it posted. I always go to Preview to re-read my post the go back to summit when done. I will try your suggestions
Went to Cabela's (sp) to dump the tanks and they are now charging $5.00 So we drove home (S&B) and the next day we drove to one of the bigger RV sales place South of Mpls that also has a dump site that also charges $5.00 but we can look @ RV's.
(Change here) its so dark out right now I had too turn on a light in the MH yep I'm in the driveway @ the S&B. It just started to pour. One of the HWY by us is under 1 1/2 foot of water. Hoping to get some of the bugs washed of the front of the MH. We already had a inch this morning. Sure like the sound of the rain on the roof.
Okay back too the dumping. We first checked out a Big Class C really nice. then we went to look @ a 2008 38 ft. Bounder that we just glanced at last spring. They had all the slides out, yep 4 of them, 1 drivers side a almost full wall ( huge L shaped couch and booth seating for dinner) then one behind that for Queen size bed. The passenger side had a slide for closets and a 23 inch flat screen and the one in front of that for the kitchen counter. And a huge plus a washer dryer.
It has a V10, auto level, heated tanks, outside shower, all leather, 21,000 miles. Alcoa 22.5 rims. I mean this thing is loaded with goodies, I think my PA would fit inside it....
Down side is the batteries are toast along with the tires, the wall slide lower gasket is on the ground.
Exterior is perfect, paint is showroom looks, the decals or stripes are perfect no fading @ all.
Interior is a lite vanilla color (only color I can think of) all Leather, the previous owner had cats, no urine smell but they or it used the tops of the drivers seat and passenger seats as a claw post And it looks like someone took a razor to the vinyl in the bathroom.
Sorry this is so long but I am Pretty excited.
They called to tell us t it was in the shop for some repairs so we can take it for a drive next week if we are interested. I remember them telling us that they will negotiate about the cat damage.
It's just what we would want to go fulltime.
We finished by dumping the tanks and headed back to the S&B
Have a great day.
ps My oldest brother from NC will be here tomorrow too visit with us out at Bob's Farm. They aren't bringing their TT not sure why they are retired also.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #2387

Winnebago Owners Club
Spritz - sounds like it could be the "one".

I would certainly consider it if the price was acceptable for you. Many times the surface flaws can be fixed quite adequately with very little effort or cost and the result could be 'priceless'.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #2388

Greeting all from Topeka, Kansas!

It was 93 when we pulled I in the park here at 6pm, 88 now. Very windy drive today, it was just owing at our left front corner all day. Pushing all 34,000 lbs of us around. Special!

Glad you all enjoyed the pics, we had a blast.

Spritz, jump on it, good rv's are hard to find, so many owners neglect and destroy. Good luck!

We are at a decision point, head toward and through St Louis on I 70, or cut cross country across Missouri and avoid the St Louis crazy stuff. Undecided at this point.

Gordon, leave me a little pie! They look great Lynne!

L.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #2389

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry Lloyd, no can do. I wish it was me but I think Frank is getting first dibs on the pie.

Rest assured if it was me I would save you a piece if you were within a couple hours of travel. Otherwise they would have to pull me kicking and screaming from the last piece if you wanted to save it.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #2390

Sorry, I got confused, one pie is Frank's.

Deb makes awesome Apple pies, it is all I can think about after seeing Lynnes pics.

L.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 PM   #2391

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Lloyd,
Get on North 35W its only a 8 hour drive up to Mpls. I'll show ya and the Mrs. around. We are thinking that the 3-4 months @ my brothers place wasn't enough, so we are thinking about going up north, although if you want we could go to my brothers and mow, he's got 3 riders????
I also have a Harselson Apple tree in the back yard (they taste the best after the first frost though) loaded with nice size apples and make a dandy pie . The wife can make all the Apple Pies she wants The garden is still having tomatoes and cukes also.
If not have a great trip wherever the HWY takes ya.
Tim
Old 09-17-2015, 09:19 PM   #2392

Winnebago Owners Club
Would you guys stop talking about pies. I don't care what kind of pies - I like them all, some better than others.

Too late. I have pie on the mind as well. Janet makes great pie crust and the filling is good too.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #2393

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gordon,
I agree,
I just stumbled on my 82 PA the oven was never used nor the shower all still original they owned it for 28 years and took care of her.
I think on the cat damage I would use like a shaving razor and take off the little pcs of leather material that sticks up and then find a leather spray dye/paint too blend in with the rest. I know there is such a product because the previous restorer of my 64 sprayed the dash to change the color looks pretty good too.
Thanks, Tim
Old 09-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #2394

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!! Coffee is very good today! Nice, cool, rainy day here in the land of smiles!
Now, about all this talk of pies!!!! Made me think? I have two apple pies in the freezer! Sooooooooooo
Tim, if the Bounder is what you are looking for, all the little stuff can be addressed when you get serious, and make the price just what you want it to be! Especially if they have had it for awhile!!
Lloyd, not many good roads cutting across Mo. on the back roads, it all just depends on how much time you have? As long as you time it right, St. Louis is a breeze, just miss the morning and evening rush hour! Enjoy your ride back home! Loved the pic's, and hope to visit out there too, when I have the time to do so!
Lynne and Frank, enjoy your pie!!
Curtis, great to hear from you, "busier than a one armed paper hanger" Huh,, Hehehehe!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!