Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #2395

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Heavy rain at 4:30 this morning, woke me up, then had to get up and clse the open windows, so I have been up since. At least it is warm, 68* this morning and going up to 80* this afternoon.
Lynne and Jerry got in around dusk last night, we had pie then sat out around the campfire till 11, and yes the pie was as good as it looked in the picture, maybe even better.
We will go over the winterization process today and I will try to answer all their questions, so we will have a nice visit.
Curtis,
Welcome back buddy, we were worried about you. Glad that you are getting things done in the shop, but you have to touch base once in a while.

Gordon and Lorraine,
Just keep them low temperatures up there, PLEASE. I agree with you Gordon, I am looking forward to the heading south and seeing our winter family, also. It will be another month before we get there.

Tim,
If that Bounder is what you want, I hope that everything works out for you. Our cat has been doing the same thing to the leather in our 5er, I figure that when she leaves us, it will be time to have the furniture recovered anyways.

Well, have a wonderful day all and be safe,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #2396

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Like Frank said, we decided to come in last night (because it was supposed to rain today)and we did not want to set up in the rain and the way the weather looked last night was probably going to be our only camp fire. Glad we did because the camp fire and the company was great! Love camp fires.

The rain came and it is like a lullaby to me so I woke up and went right back to sleep. Still need to make coffee yet and then a shower and then a walk. Yep, in the rain. Just saw a couple go by with an umbrella. Same idea I have.

Anyway, you all have a great day and Gordon, when we meet up I will make you a pie. I still have an apple and another rhubarb in the rig. Sent the rest of the rhubarb home with Frank and Rita last night. Is there any left this AM Frank? HEHE

Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #2397
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,happy to see so many of you enjoying the late summer..
i have been busy working on the 68 winnebago,,got the old floor out and new subfloor down and debbie has it tiled..next is to replace all the old aluminum wiring with copper and build a bathroom in it.then sand and paint,,,,along way to go yet...
i wish you pie makers were closer we still have a ton of apples on our trees that are perfect for pies i would load you guy,s up....

everyone have a great day,,,,,,,,
Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #2398

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Tim, I'm with the rest, cosmetics can be dealt with at your leisure, if the coach is mechanically sound go for it if you can get it at a price you can live with. Frank, since our weather comes from the area that your in I don't like the sounds of the rain that's coming our way. Sounds like a great time is being had by all out there in spite of the weather. Good to hear Curtis is doing okay, now about Jay......? Lynne you might have to add a bigger reefer for all those pies . Bap, how did the airstream come out? you know we all like pics .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #2399
bap

TERRY,, i had to order more terry bonnets and a coarser compound but its comming along nicely,,,,,,we made a custom rock gaurd for the front window...
here is a pic of it,,,,--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIRSTREAM SHUTTER ROCK GAURD 004.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	107194   Click image for larger version

Name:	AIRSTREAM SHUTTER ROCK GAURD 002.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	107195  

Old 09-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #2400

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all;
When I went out yesterday there was frost on the grass. Looking at the squash patch all of the leaves are frost killed.

Spent yesterday collecting material and helping a neighbor build some accessories for our stacker. Young fellow is very talented in creating "works of art". I really like assisting him and his company is great. Will spend today installing the items and tomorrow is planned for taking the garden off.

Woke up this morning and had a terrible feeling of wanting to move south. Will not happen for a couple weeks but the incentive is here. Preparing to leave will take some time but no longer procrastinating.

Glad you enjoyed the pie Frank.

Lynne and Jerry; Pie notwithstanding am looking forward to meeting the two of you.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:05 AM   #2401

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, I sure like the shutters idea, looks great! Just getting ready for bed, so goodnight everyone! Rail!
Old 09-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #2402

Yeah bap , the shutters look good !

Gordon will you please try to leave that cold weather up in Canada ?
Temps here in Maine are in the mid eighties this week but next week mid sixties in the forecast. Just like last year , no time in the 70s !
Old 09-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #2403

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Yeah bap , the shutters look good !

Gordon will you please try to leave that cold weather up in Canada ?
Temps here in Maine are in the mid eighties this week but next week mid sixties in the forecast. Just like last year , no time in the 70s !
I agree that the shutters look good on the unit. They are unique and really add character to the unit. And the gecko!

I will try to leave the cold here but you have to realize the cold is why Canadians look and stay so young. We only grow old half of the year! The other half we freeze dry.

Another benefit of the cold is we are able to sit on the back deck and do not have to slam back our beer before it gets warm. We only have to sip fast enough to drink it before the ice crystals form. And not mosquitoes.

Still am looking forward to heading south. Currently in Yuma it is 100.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #2404

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne and Jerry joined our group for dinner at Zendhers, had a very good and full time, good company and plenty of good food. Had another nice camp fire last night. Going to Tony's this morning for breakfast, then if the weather cooperates, to the Oktoberfest this afternoon. Temperatures are supposed to be falling all afternoon, down to 46* tonight. was 72* last night at 11.
Bap,
Nice job on the shutters, very unique cover and it looks great.

Well, got to go get changed for breakfast. Have a great and safe day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #2405

Good morning all!

73 and partly cloudy here in Eddyville, Kentucky. Found another nice park for a stop over, must have 60 sites, all but 3 or 4 have rv's setup permanent. They took all 57' of us in there 50' pull through, we stick out each end but they knew that when we called.

Gordon, enjoy the cool for now, 100 is miserable. Of course you know that.

Bap, nice stone guard. When we passed through Hanksville Utah there was some sort of Airstream really many of them in the park there, and we kept passing more headed there. Yours would be a hit there.

Frank, wintering for pie, May have a new business model there.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:39 AM   #2406
bap

goodmorning folks,,,--thanks for the compliments on the shutters...every rv we do has the lucky lizard on it somewhere....lol..

with all this talk about pie....i think i will go pick some and have debbie make some of her fried apple pie,s for me and the grandsons....,,,,,yup thats what im a gonna do......mmmm,,,mmm----

everyone one enjoy what nice weather we have left,,,and stay safe...
Old 09-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #2407

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Taking off the garden today. Garden is kind of wet but it will be nice so the potatos, beets and carrots will dry. Give some away and prepare the rest to go south.

Got to get after it. Have a great day.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #2408

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Breakfast at Tony's

Good Morning Gang,

Great coffee this AM but the campfire last night was wonderful! I love watching the flames flicker. I think Rita and I are together on this one and will have many in the future whenever we meet up.

Went to Tony's this AM for breakfast. Those of you who do not know this place would not know the portion sizes are over the top. When you order bacon, you get a pound. They serve 11,000 pounds of bacon a month at this place. Here is a pic of Rita's breakfast sandwich. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Breakfast.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	107302  

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »