Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #2409

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Just so you know, she brought 2/3rds of it home. That was my bacon and eggs with a pound of hashbrowns across the table, and I took 1/2 of it home. We had a nice visit with Lynne and Jerry, and they fit right in with the Sunrisers. Had a couple of nice evenings around the camp fire with them, and look forward to many more in the future.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #2410
bap

dear god thats half hog samich......lol..

got me mouth a waterin......-------hope rita is ok after that.......prayers sent...

Old 09-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #2411
bap

frank you beat me to the text...lol...you must have been typing right before me...
Old 09-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #2412

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Well, it got down to 47 last night. Thank Edenpure for keeping the coach at 67.

Like Frank said, we all took food home. There is no way you can eat that much especially at one setting. Didn't need lunch and ate a salmon burger for dinner without anything else. Still have half a pound of bacon in the fridge and most of Jerry's omelet. Wouldn't want to eat there often but it was fun.

The Alfa Sunriser's group is a great bunch. I like the distinct look of the rigs, they are unusual. I had never noticed any before. They have been very gracious and welcoming.

We have had such a good time meeting Frank and Rita and look forward to another meeting in the far off future when I finally retire. Frank gave Jerry a lot of info r/e our rig and offered to help with any future questions. We are still learning and will be asking but later.

I think as we each meet we will feel like old friends because of the threads we are on together. We really know each other fairly well by the time we meet in person. Frank and Rita felt that way about Terry and Eleanor and Jerry and I felt that way about Curtis and Melissa.

Bap, love that Airstream, she will be one beautiful rig when you two finish but then you always do beautiful work.

Well, going to get coffee and then meet the Sunriser's for breakfast. Then break down and head home by noon. You all have a great weekend. This has been a fun trip. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #2413
bap

LYNNE,,thank you so much for the kind words...and soo happy that you are having such a great time with FRANK and RITA,,but knew you would..i agree with you also..i feel like i already know all of you on here,,just havent met face 2 face yet...

to all you folks .....have a great day..
Old 09-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #2414

Good morning!

61 here in the smokies, we stopped for the night and last night went to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg. We are 195 miles from home, but part of that is the I 40 gap which is a slow run.

Wow, now that is a breakfast sandwich. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #2415

Good Morning Gang,
After the breakfast yesterday, wouldn't you know, this morning we have a pancake breakfast. Oh well, I didn't want to loose any weight anyway. Really we have a wonderful time with the Sunrisers.
Bap,
I caught that post about the same time, lol. We will get there to your place in the next couple years. And as Lynne said, it is like we have been friends for quite a while and when you finally meet face 2 face, it just reinforces the friendship.

Well, got to finish up and get ready for more food(breakfast at 9).
Have a great day all, and be safe,
Frank
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #2416

Good Morning Lloyd,
Glad that you only have a short run today, will be meeting up in about a month.
Which restaurant is your favorite? It was a great sandwich, their bacon doesn't have any grease coming off of it even when it cools down, so it is extra good.
Safe travels,
Frank
Old 09-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #2417

An early start to the day this morning, as daughters puppy was howling in the wind. There is a coyote around here who is not scared of any things and makes an appearance most days. He just stands and taunts the dogs. Where's that gun!
Just read a sobering post on another forum of a man who just lost his wife after only 10 weeks on their full-time rv journey and he is asking what would you do? Carry on? Or not? It ha caused a very different conversation in our home on wheels this morning but I guess it has to be discussed just in case.
Well, on that note I think another pot of coffee is called for, have a wonderful day everyone
Lorraine
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #2418

Hi Frank! Bennett's BBQ has the best ribs, and they serve an awesome breakfast. If ever in Gatlinburg pay them a visit.

Your site is reserved and ready. Did I mention it comes with free firewood? Sure hope you have a campfire!

Lorraine that is sad news. Not sure I would go on, awful lonely and not much fun by yourself. Don't know how to word this, but maybe after getting used to being alone, but I am lucky and don't know what I am talking about.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #2419
bap

that would be a hard call to make ,,,,,debbie and i have been side x side for 16yrs not being apart for more than a few days at a time.......i honestly dont think i could make it without her being by my side.....prayers sent to that fella...
Old 09-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #2420
bap

just had to share a pic of my #1 grandson helping with the 216sl winnebago,,he absolutly loves building anything from cars to campers,,hard to belive he is 10yrs old now but he acts so much older and such a great help...-------

THANKS LIAM !!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 grandson helping with winn 006.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	107376   Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 grandson helping with winn 001.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	107377  

Old 09-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #2421

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Did not quite finish the garden yesterday. My estimate of cleaning it in a day was a bit otimistic. Would have finished everything but decided to scrub the potatos. Nice and clean we should have no issues taking some of them south with us.

Today is not as nice a day. Showers and cool so will be finishing the winch installation in the stacker as well as installing the cover we built for the jack. As they say "Never nothing to do".

Bap - it is great to work with your grandson. It is wonderful to pass on skills that today seem to becoming lost in the era of video games and texting. I am sure you enjoy the companionship of working together.

Wow - I am amazed at the breakfast you all experienced. And were able to enjoy seconds the next day. Possibly Janet and I will try it one day. Probably enough to order one breakfast and share, with some left over!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #2422

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

We are home and unpacked already. Kind of have that down in only 3 trips. Not bad at all.

Gordon, they charge .50 for extra plates so it must happen a lot where people share a meal because it really is more than you can eat at one setting. You kind of sit around looking at what is being brought to other tables and just shake your head. There is just no way.

Talked with some of the Alfa Sunriser members while we were breaking down camp. Good group. Looking forward to meeting up with them again someday in whatever CG that happens at.

Just had a piece of apple pie. Yum! Will have to finish that off over the next week.

You all have a great day, the sun is out here and 67 right now. Hope we get some more of this so we can go camping a few more times before we have to winterize.

Hey Bap, maybe one of those beauties you are redoing will be left to that Grandson. Would be great for him to have one the two of you worked on.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »