Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #2423

Winnebago Owners Club
Good late morning or good early morning.

Posting this just before 6 PM after a day of getting some things done.

Went to our motorcycle club breakfast. No - nothing the size of the previous threshermans dinner (breakfast). Cloudy and spitting so no bike riding.

Came home to more showers so worked on the stacker. Paint on a couple of the brackets drying really slow so it is sitting in front of one of the heat registers. Did I mention we have had the furnace on for the last couple weeks. Sorry for the omission. Anyway all of the wiring and setup is done. Winch works as designed. Once the brackets are dry the final installation of the cover can occur and then that task is complete.

Currently grilling a beer can chicken. Grill is not cooking as well as hoped because the cool weather and showers are cooling it off. Just applying the rule of sledge hammers. When in doubt use a bigger hammer so I have the burners on either side of the chicken on high. The chicken is cooking and will take about 15 minutes longer than normal. At least I hope so cause that is what I told Janet.

Good morning to everyone tomorrow.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #2424

Winnebago Owners Club
Update to chicken chronicles. Beer can chicken turned out very nice. Really moist and tender.

Janet made fried cabbage and mashed potatos. Ice cream in a few minutes.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #2425

Damn i'm jealous , everyone out enjoying life and all I have is spackle dust in my hair, what's left of it! Oh well a few more days and i'm done, time to plan on going somewhere hopefully to meet up with some of you guys. I'm starting to rethink this rental thing, maybe Sally is right, cash in on all of it and just go roaming? We shall see, just want some time to go running around and see some things! hope everyone is ok! Bobby
Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #2426

Good Morning!

71 degrees here at home, very overcast. We need rain very badly, they tell us it didn't rain a drop in the 17 days we were gone, and there was none for weeks before we left. Not Gordon's cold rain,,,,, but some rain. Our pond is green, afraid I'm going to lose my fish. Gotta figure out some way to get some air in that water.

Back to work today, Ugh.

BAP, my grandsons and granddaughter helped me build this place. They talk about it every time they are here. We started with just some woods, then tree stumps etc.. Great experience for them, and it is so much fun to be with them. Enjoy!

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #2427

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
45* here this morning, and clear. Looks like another beautiful day, heading back to Ohio for a few days, need to put new skins on the TV and change the fluids. Then heading to west Virginia for another Sunrisers Rally.
Lynne,
Glad that you got home and unpacked in good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and Jerry, and had a wonderful time(loved the pie also). We will stay in touch , and let you know when the next Rally is up this way.
Bap,
It is wonderful that you are teaching your grandson the skills to do the remodels. We have to make sure that we all pass on our skills and knowledge to the younger generation so it is not lost.
Gordon,
Glad that you got the project done on your stacker, you will get the garden done, just maybe not as soon as you wanted. The chicken sounds yummy. My waistline is glad that we are leaving Frankenmuth, it can't stand to eat out around here any more, way too much food, and oh sooooo good.
Bobby,
You just have to get your mind in the right mode when it is time to relax and enjoy what this wonderful country has to offer. Once you are in the right mindset, everything will fall into place and you will be much more relaxed and will enjoy.
Lorraine,
So sorry to hear about your friend, As far as going on without your partner, it would be a personal choice and what kind of support that one has at home. Being by yourself with little human contact is not good, and there are singles camping groups that do things and act like a support group.
Lloyd,
We will see you on the 16th, and the firewood will be greatly appreciated, especially when the company that goes along with it brings more friendship and commradery.
Well, need to get going,
Have a great day all and Be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #2428

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Day Everyone;
Update on conditions here. It is definitely fall weather.

Got the winch in the stacker. Winch runs now have to take the stacker out so we can try to load the trike. Will be a few days yet.

Washed all of the squash. Will have lots for the winter, family and friends as well.

Looking pretty nice out, cool and windy so thought the grass may have dried enough to do the final cut of the year and start bagging the leaves. Hooked up the lawn mower and bagger. Tried a short run and it is still too wet. Not supposed to rain for a few days so tomorrow may be dry enough to finish that. Still some work in the garden and then till it.

I am going to sit down and rest. All this thinking about tasks has made me tired.

Have a great evening.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #2429

Wow everyone is having fun rating all the good food. I'm jealous!

My best bud and I decided to go for a Dual Sport bike ride for 10 days.. So here I sit in Ouray CO. We rode Saturday and Sunday and had a blast .
Took off early this morning on our bikes to ride a tough Jeep trail to Lake City for lunch. 1 mile into the trail, as I'm trying to get past a jeep in the rocks I hit a hole that ate the front tire and stopped me cold. Well I throw out my leg to catch myself as my bike falls over and I pull a ham string muscle. OW! Did a roll on the boulders and my leg won't support me when I try to stand up. The Jeep guys freak out thinking I broke something. But I've broke my leg before, so I know that not it.

With some help I get the bike up and turn down hill. I can't stand up at all, so wrestling a 350 lb motorcycle in the boulders while going uphill i know will be impossible for 49 more miles.. Looks like I'm done for a day or two! I concede defeat!. Something I use to never do.

Funny thing, I had to get someone to raise my leg over the seat to get on for the ride down. Boy was I embarrassed!

We move on to Moab UT tomorrow and plan to take the day off riding and enjoy the scenery and a little bike maintenance on my buddy bike. His is falling apart faster than we can fix it.

He and two other guys went on, at my insistence, to finish the days planned loop.

I fought the trail to get back to the highway to run back to Ouray and their hot tub. Tough ride back down the mountain, but I made it. Easier going down than up though.

Now I've got to figure out how to go after lunch while confined to the Hotel Room.

Sheese! Getting old is no fun sometimes.

I think i be able to ride as long as it doesn't involve standing up on the pegs a lot. So I may end up sightseeing Moab by paverment.

At least we have a pickup and trailer to get us home to Texas My buddy will be having back surgery right after we get home, so he's moving slow too!

But at least I'm still able to keep burning the candle at both ends. Maybe?

Looks like my hobbies are going to need re evaluating. Maybe!

You guy's live your life to your fullest.
I am. Wish you all were here. It nice here this time of years. Most of the Tourist are gone.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #2430

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, busy, busy here, trying to get all the fall chores done preparing for winter.....YUK. Lloyd, I'd take a couple more months till winter hit would make it shorter for sure. Temps here running high 40's in the AM and 70's day time, won't be long, no frost yet here but the Adirondacks have been close. Gordon, sounds like the preparations going well for the trip south. Frank, I'll bet your ready to head south those 40's are too cold for your blood . Curtis, that's tough too bad on the fall screws things up for sure. Hope it gets better so you can finish.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #2431

Winnebago Owners Club
Geez Curtis. That is bad luck indeed. Hope you heal quickly. We rode near where you are. We attended a rally in Montrose and rode the Million Dollar Highway from Montrose to Silverton. Touring bikes so nothing that looks rougher than pavement if we can organize it. Gravel can be done but preferably not. Take care of the leg.

"If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much space." May be time to consider a wider edge! LOL
Old 09-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #2432

Dang Curtis! We just left Moab last Wednesday morning. I would be really bummed if I was there with my dualsport and couldn't ride. Like you I wouldn't get off unless I just couldn't do it! Hope you mend quickly.

If you get back to going, ride the White Rim, it is awesome. Also Pucker Pass is cool. All 2 track that is not hard on a bike.

I must get back there with my XR!

Been looking like rain here, and feeling like rain all day, and not a drop. We need it bad.

L.

PS, if you don't mend and can drive, we rented a Jeep from Barlow's, had a blast driving that stuff. Beats sitting around waiting for the others.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #2433

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Curtis, so sorry about your mishap. Hope you will be able to ride again soon. We are your neighbors here in Colorado, just like in Texas. We just pulled into Durango today around noon. If you are still pulling out of Ouray tomorrow, looks like we missed you. But we still want to be able to meet in Rhome one of these days. Stay safe all.

ronspradley/rebecca
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #2434

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Back in NE Ohio till the 8th, had a nice trip back(except for the headwind that cut the heck out of the mileage).
Terry,
You are right about the wanting to head back south, although the next week is supposed to be mid 50's for lows and upper 70's for highs. I guess that I can survive for the next 3 weeks.
Curtis,
Sorry to hear about the leg, another case of the mind and body not being connected. Mind says " No problem, you can do this" Body says " Are you crazy, I can't do this anymore" Hope that you heal quickly and can at least enjoy the easy part of the rest of your trip.
Gordon,
Sounds like you will be ready to get out of there and will be ready to enjoy your winter down south.
Have a great day all, and stay safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:20 AM   #2435
bap

gooooodmorning gang,,,

CURTIS,,great to hear from you but hate hearing about the leg,,i agree with frank,the older we get the more our minds and bodies disagree,,lol--prayers for a speedy recovery..
FRANK,,glad you made it home safe and sound..
BOBBY,,i understand all to well about the joys of rental properties..uugghh..lol
Lloyd,,,it is a great feeling having the grandkids want to help on any projects,,gives everything a special meaning for sure..

and on a strange note,,i got attacked by a zombee yesterday,,--i had a bumble bee fly straight in the garage and sting me on top of my head right in my bald spot.. i have never had a bumble bee ever do that before....lol..an unprovoked attack by a bumble bee really....lol

you all stay safe out there ,,and watch out for those bee,s,,,,there infected...lol
Old 09-22-2015, 09:32 AM   #2436

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Yes thoughts of moving south are becoming more predominant. Mother Nature is not in cooperation mode. Hooked up the bagger yesterday to do the final mowing and pick up the leaves that have fallen. Rained overnight and cloudy this morning so too wet to be out there with the mower.

Still - lots of other things to do so there will be no idle hands here for the next while.