Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:01 AM   #2437

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, lost another post yesterday, such a shame, when you take the time to address everyone, and hit send, and poof,, it gone!! And I did not copy first, as I am old , and forgot!! Argggggggggggg!! But the good news is Bap, almost posted the same reply, so I do not have to re-type all of it! But I did not see any zombie bee's, so all is good!!
And, yes, the coffee is very good today!!
Everyone enjoy your day!! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 05:55 AM   #2438

Good Morning all!

64 degrees here, keeps threatening to rain, but got none

Gordon, hope you get to your lawn today. Give the rain a push down here. We need it.

Bap, watch those Bee's. It is a long boring story, but let me say that a Bee came extremely close to killing me 5 years ago. They can get you!

Last few weeks things have been speeding up. Its 6:53am here and very dark outside. Great for sleeping, except I have this work thing going on.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #2439

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Bap,
Satch out for those Zombee bees, hope that the sting goes away quickly for you.

Well, changed transmission fluid and filter in the TV yesterday and going to put new tires on the front today and switch around rears to get by for another year. Then grease and change oil tomorrow and rewire the trailer plug, have only been getting partial braking out of the trailer and suspect corrosion in the splice were the previous owner had tied it in. I am going to make the connection in a waterproof junction box so that should take care of any problems. That should take care of the TV as far as routine maintenance goes.
Have a good day all, and be safe everyone,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #2440

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Bap, put honey on a bee sting and it draws the poison out. Keep it in mind in case they chase you down in the future.

Curtis, Sorry about your leg and hope you get healed quickly. Totally understand not wanting to give up your fun. I just want to start mine.

Bobby, Get rid of your rentals and go have some fun. Remember how you felt when you sold that property and felt the relief? Think what it will feel like to get rid of the rentals and not get anymore calls for repairs, have to hunt down a payment, or deal with getting rid of a bad renter. Go for it and you two go see this beautiful country and have some fun.

Frank, You will be gone from this cold soon and back in Florida. Yes, we will get together in the future again and we had a blast with you and Rita. We'll do pie again.

Jerry has been working on the rig. Found a mud wasp nest in the furnace on one of the blower. It was making it clunk when it was turning. Got that broke up and vacuumed out and no more noise. He has been greasing what needs greased. Checking the tires and nuts, and cleaning and primping. Cleaned the air cond. filters and will need to replace those before next summer.

Every little thing we get done makes it look and run better. Coffee was great this AM sun is shining and it looks to be a great day off. You all have a good one, safe travels and much love.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #2441

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning! 55 degrees here this morning, and the coffee is great. I cannot believe we are talking about weather already, although the farmers here are making good progress on the harvest. I am a new poster, but a recent lurker. I retired July 1, but DW has another two years to go before we can get a lot more serious about this RV stuff. Last year, during a remodeling project, we lived in the fifth wheel from October 31 to February 15! I am signed up to be a volunteer host in a state park during this November. I hope you all are well today.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-23-2015, 07:45 AM   #2442
bap

gooooooodmorninng everyone....,,,,

all is good here this morning,,another wonderfull fall day here with temps in the upper 70s and the sun shinning threw the fog..and the coffee is great..

the zombee,s sting didnt last long....lol,,,--

all of you have a great day,,,and please be safe out there whether your enjoying a day off around the house or out on the road...--

jeff
Old 09-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #2443
bap

FLAGGY,,,,welcome to the forum...glad to have ya join in ,,you have found a great bunch of people here....
Old 09-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #2444

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Rita said YEAH on the pie, make it the Rhubarb, she really enjoyed it, of course so did I. We will definitely meet up again, had a great time with you and Jerry. Glad that Jerry got the tick out of the heater blower, I knew that he could do it.
Bap,
Glad that the Zombie bee sting was short lived.
Flaggy,
Welcome to the Forum, like Bap said, a great bunch here and we have become friends.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #2445

A cool morning here (5C), already on the second pot of coffee. Went to visit my 93 year old parents yesterday and was told we will probably have to move them to long term care (from assisted living) sometime in the next 6 months. Dad needs more care than mom but she will go too to keep them together.
Today we have a man coming to install Shaw Direct satellite so when we go down to Yuma we will have more than 4 channels (12 if we count the Spanish speaking ones)

I've read about these killer bees, but never experienced them, and hope I never do!

As usual I have 3 black bananas staring at me from then kitchen counter so I will punish them by making bread out of them today. That'll teach them! Have a good day everyone

Lorraine
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #2446

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Well, lost another post yesterday, such a shame, when you take the time to address everyone, and hit send, and poof,, it gone!! And I did not copy first, as I am old , and forgot!! Argggggggggggg!! But the good news is Bap, almost posted the same reply, so I do not have to re-type all of it! But I did not see any zombie bee's, so all is good!!
And, yes, the coffee is very good today!!
Everyone enjoy your day!! Rail!
I think the administrators are aware of the issue. Here is a response from another thread by an administrator:

(Another good tip is, if you're going to pen a lengthy response, to type it in Notepad, MS word or some other word processing program. Then just copy/paste it in the reply.

Sometimes things just go *poof*, whether it's a transmission hiccup on my end or the other. Saved myself a lot of frustration on social networking sites by not making the actual post my one & only prose.

Lori-)
Old 09-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #2447

Howdy all! We made our first ride in Moab today. Just finished and we are eating and checking emails in the Blue Pig BBQ now. Leg was a killer today. We tried to ride a river wash but the sand destroyed my enthusiasm with my , still tender, ham string. So we cut the loop from 10 miles to 5. Just as well. It's hot hear and heat exhaustion is a real threat.
I'm not a crazy rider anymore like when I was younger. May go back to 4 wheel drive vehicles next trip. I have 3!

You guys are right about the body and mind not communicating to well anymore. I'm a 64 y.o. body going on 46 y.o. mind.

Sounds like we missed everyone in the area. Frank and Don are either ahead of us or behind us. Will be headed home Friday or Saturday. Nay do some easy sightseeing rides till we leave.

We are stating at a bed and breakfast 42 mikes south of here.. No cell service, no Internet and no electricity. It's a mining camp style b&b and completely off grid. What little electrical power is solar power for the freezers and refrigerators. Everything else is oil lanterns and wood fired heaters. The cabins are old refurbished mining cabins. The breakfast and dinner are great.

Welp, foods here so I gotta!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #2448
bap

wow curtis that sounds like a great time for sure.....i have never been that direction but before im gone from this planet i have got to go..hate ya busted up yer leg though,,really stinks on a bike trip..
Old 09-23-2015, 07:33 PM   #2449

Hi Curtis!

We stayed on the north side of town, The RV Portal. Very nice place, a little pricey but that have the big sites we needed.

Sorry your leg is still bothering you. Hope you get more riding in before its time to leave. Watch that sand!

I'm jealous, very much wanted my bike there to ride when we were there. Someday I'll be back with my dualsport.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #2450

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Hi Flaggy, welcome to the coffee clutch, we are a great group and look forward to sharing with you. We talk about almost anything and support each other. Recently some of us have been able to meet each other and it is like we have always been friends.

Took some of that Simply Green today and removed a stain on the bottom side of our awning. Thought I wouldn't be able to get it out since I had used a awning cleaner and it didn't remove it. Put the Simply Green on it and let it sit a few minutes got a scrub pad and worked it off. Looks great!

Just one more thing to make the rig look better. I don't know what I am going to do this winter while I can't work on it or clean it or wax it, or whatever. Soon, retirement and then winter in a warm clime.

Well, hope you all have a good night and talk with ya this weekend. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote