Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #2451

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Evening All,

Hi Flaggy, welcome to the coffee clutch, we are a great group and look forward to sharing with you. We talk about almost anything and support each other. Recently some of us have been able to meet each other and it is like we have always been friends.

Took some of that Simply Green today and removed a stain on the bottom side of our awning. Thought I wouldn't be able to get it out since I had used a awning cleaner and it didn't remove it. Put the Simply Green on it and let it sit a few minutes got a scrub pad and worked it off. Looks great!

Just one more thing to make the rig look better. I don't know what I am going to do this winter while I can't work on it or clean it or wax it, or whatever. Soon, retirement and then winter in a warm clime.

Well, hope you all have a good night and talk with ya this weekend. Lynne
Lynne - winter is the time to spend planning. That and send Jerry to someplace warm where he can set it up. Then you can fly down on your time off.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #2452

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy,
Very disappointed, stopped by the rv dealership this morning, I snapped the city water inlet off so I thought I would stop and look at the Bounder (only has 3 slides not 4) and then go into their store and get a new inlet. Remember I said they had it in the shop fixing it up ie; batteries and gasket around the big slide. It was sitting in the same place and nothing had been done. Not cool. So I went in and bought the inlet and left disappointed.
I looked at tires yesterday, Hankooks, I got online and found some for around 250.00 a tire tax and delivery. I then got a price by a place called Tirezoo yep Tirezoo I took the hubcaps off just to be sure they didn't get wrecked or lost price was $596.00 Installed and balanced it took um about 1/2 to 45 minutes to do 2. They appear a bigger tire (wider)than the ones I replaced. Boy big difference in ride and handling. I'm hoping no more white knuckle driving. I just got 2 for the front for now and I will still need to replace the rears before Yuma this winter.
Oyea I installed the city water inlet and the previous owner installed a fresh water drain that was all lose and about ready to fall off. so I remounted it.

I have a 7:45 appointment in the morning to c if I have a blood clot in my right leg its done by ultra sound. I also have staph infection.
Boy this getting old is for the birds. Take care and safe travels
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #2453

Morning all!

We will have to see, but supposed to start with showers this afternoon, and rain all night, followed by showers all weekend. We need it bad.

Spritz sorry that Rv is not getting worked. It is no wonder so many dealers never make it. I must be missing something as many appear to be managed so poorly.

We have Hankook's on our coach (it came with them), and when I bought my Focus in 2008 it came with them. I have no complaints. Can't compare them to anything else on our coach, but they have a good record.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #2454

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
New tires on the front of the TV and put ones that I had on the rear till next year, boy it rides and handles better. Got the wiring for the trailer plug 2/3rds finished yesterday before dinner, will finish it today, instead of but connectors, I am installing a waterproof box with a terminal strip inside.
Curtis,
I think that it was Lloyd that you just missed, I haven't been west yet. Hope that the leg continues to get better.
Lynne,
Glad that you got the awning cleaned and that the simple green did the trick. I love that stuff and it is environmentally safe. I agree with Gordon, winter is the time for planning, you have a lot of decisions to make before taking off for the winter. Just think next winter you will be getting ready to go to the warm climate in January.
Tim,
We are praying for you and hope that you don't have a clot and that the infection can be readily eliminated.
Lorraine,
I love banana nut bread almost as much as rhubarb pie. Sounds like it is almost time to head down to Yuma.
Have a great day all and be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:59 AM   #2455
bap

goodmorning guy,s and gal,s,,,

TIM,prayers sent buddy for the leg..

everyone have a great and safe day...
Old 09-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #2456

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Chilly here 46* this morn. Tim, hope all comes out well with the leg ect. Frank, as a matter of fact I'm sitting here eating MIL banana muffins and coffee, almost seems a staple here. Flaggy welcome hop in anytime. I'm jealous of all the preps for south travel, but will be joining soon. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #2457

It's a brisk 3C(37F), a good frost this morning and quite foggy. Just a beautiful fall day here in Alberta. Our Mr Buddy is keeping us toasty warm so no problems!
Got our Shaw direct satellite all hooked up yesterday. Bye, Bye Bell! They are just so unfriendly to deal with and will cut off your service if you dare to phone them while in the US! Paul is happy as the World Cup of rugby is on right now so the PVR is getting a good work out.
Tim, fingers crossed for your appointment today, those staph infections are not nice too.
3 weeks now until we hit the road, yippee"

Lorraine
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #2458

Lynne
Winter is the perfect time to shop for things to add to the rig next summer.
But I like Gordon's suggestion too........................

Tim
Those are both something nobody should have to deal with , hope the ultrasound comes out a big nothing there and they "get the staph outa here" .

Flaggy
Welcome aboard , your oar is the one closest to the bow. Look out for seagulls !

I'm with Terry about being jealous of those that are prepping or already headed to the snowbelt. My fate this cold season is still up in the air, every time I see a flock of Canada Geese overhead I also want to "get the flock outa here" !!

OK now for any of us old guys that might be trying to do young guy stuff on a motorcycle.......be careful out there , maybe go a little slower if you can and hope the hammie heals quick........skuh kuh kuh kuh Have fun in the desert !
Old 09-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #2459

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Long Time

Greetings friends,

I know it's been a while. Just been stupid busy. Finally stopped CLACing the house and got it on the market. WHEW!!!!

Might even have some time to post again and catch up with you all.

Big move coming up. Will be hauling a load of stuff to OK soon.

Hope all of you are well.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #2460

Well been interestering few weeks here but I will get to that later...

Curtis sure hope that leg doesn't keep you from enjoying your trip and hope it mends fast..

Tim sorry to hear bout the possibility of a clot prayers to you bud...

Terry .....well....you just never cease to amaze those of us on here....

Had a great couple of weeks in Red River NM but while cutting up 10 cords of wood for my friend for the winter I pulled my calf muscle...well to make a long story short went to the ER at 2 am this morning and they did an ultrasound for clots which they did not find any...thank the lord...but apparently my blood work is way out of wacky and after a couple more test it looks like I have leukemia will know more next week after a few more Dr appointments but it seems like the kind that is manageable.

But on a lighter note everyone , if they can, check out river ranch rv in red river it is so picturesque. ..take care all and keep vertical everything has a way of working out
Old 09-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #2461

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Curtis glad to hear from you we where wondering, good to hear everything seems to be working out. MK, wow you never know where life leads us, hope all works out with the extra dr's appointments and blood work.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #2462

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well,,, Irv2, This is getting old!! In the middle of typing a reply, I got logged out?????? And when I logged back in, my message was gone!!
getting real tired of this!! Rail!
Old 09-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #2463

Good morning!

It is 61 degrees here, and near as I can tell it has been raining steady all night. Very good stuff!

Wow, I don't know where to start first. Lots of us having health issues. Everyone, I sure hope/pray you all get better real soon. Scary stuff this old age thing.

Rail, you sure are struggling with the posting. Mine is working fine, most of the time. Are you somewhat near current browser levels etc?? If not may want to look at that. Due to all the security threats etc, new versions have considerably more robust connection threads. The world has gone stark mad, there are many, many hackers, cyber attackers, etc out there. These crazies are changing it for all of us unfortunately. Not sure this is your problem, but being current is a first place to start.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 AM   #2464

Forgot to add to this mornings post....

Can someone share more about the plans for 4th of July 2016? I know its 9 months away, but I only understand...... Woodward Oklahoma,,,, Liberty Farms? I found the Liberty Farms web site (lots of Liberty Farms out there) and it looks very interesting.

Thanks, L.