Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #2465

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Jay,
Glad to hear from you, we were getting worried because we hadn't heard from you for so long.
Lloyd,
Will discuss the trip with you when we get there next month.
MK,
Prayers for you and a speedy recovery.
Rail,
I feel your frustration buddy.
Have a great day all, and a safe one,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #2466

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all! 60 degrees here and pretty dry. We are overdue for some rain. The coffee was good, but it was a small pot. Going to move the FW to a COE campground today. I worked on an old Coleman single burner stove yesterday. Tried all kinds of fixes. I have narrowed the problem down to some corrosion in the burner assembly. It resembles fins on an A/C unit. Working the rust down with a whetstone is a slow process. It sounds like the snow birds in the group are getting organized for the southward migration. I am looking forward to that after DW retires! -Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #2467

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

We sure are having some beautiful weather right now. Hope it holds for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Had to replace my windshield on my car. Came out of w--k on Monday and it was cracked. Go figure, but Autolife got it done in our driveway.

When we bought the MH in May we found a farmer's barn (roof and closed on 3 sides) available for $35. a month. Works great and not too far from home. Maybe 7 minutes. Can stop whenever we want. Called to pay them since it was time and asked if I could pay 6 months at a time. They said if you pay 6 months at a time they call it good for a year. I'm no fool, works for me. Hot diggity, 12 months for the price of 6. Wrote the check.

Hope you all are having a great day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #2468

Winnebago Owners Club
That was very fortuitous Lynne. Always nice to get a bargain. Having the coach out of the weather is worth more than you are paying.

Boy it is feeling more like fall today. Supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow and then warm up a bit next week. Yard work is nearing completion.

Tomorrow is the big move. Coach and stacker come out of the shed and the 5er and son's trailer go in along with moving some items around. Will be a full day of jockying stuff. Just a big "parking lot dance" for a while.

Just 8 sleeps left (maybe 7).
Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #2469

Hi all! Still raining here! Really good steady rain,,, not the downpours we usually get.

Okay Frank, we can wait till you get here. It is not that far away.

Gosh Lynne, that is a really good deal on dry storage. Keeps the snow and sun off the coach, such a deal.

Tomorrow we are going to clean the inside of ours. After our 17 day trip it needs a cleaning. Then I am going to pull up the floor in the bedroom (first time I have done that) and try to get a better look at the exhaust manifold. I believe we developed a leak during the way home from our trip. Either a cracked manifold, or blown gasket. From what I hear, Cummins 400 ISL's commonly have this problem. Not sure if I will attempt the repair myself, all kinds of war stories about studs breaking, etc etc..

L.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #2470

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone, coffee is very good today!
Lloyd, I am pretty sure I am up to date on everything, but I think I may have figured it out! We will see!! But I will copy every post from now on, just in case!
Lynne, get deal on the storage!
Gordon, bet you are getting excited to get back to your winter home!!
Jay, glad you have your house done and on the market! Your big adventure start's very soon!!
I am going to keep this short, till I make sure I got all of this figured out!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:22 AM   #2471

Good morning all!

64 degrees here, not raining at the moment, but it did off and on all night.

Rail, looks like your post worked that time. Glad you got it figured.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #2472

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, campground got noisy last night, a bunch of people came in for the weekend and brought a ton of kids with them, they were going until after midnight and started about 6:30 this morning, oh well its only for a couple days.

Flaggy,
Sounds like you got an interesting project there. And yes, the month of October is the start of the snowbirds migration.

Lynne,
Sounds like you found a deal there, glad that it is close and all that work shining her up will stay for a while now.

Lloyd,
Glad that you are getting the rain that you need and not the deluge. Also glad that the tornado's passed you bye.

Rail,
Glad that your post didn't get lost.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #2473

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Frank, sorry about the noisy neighbors in the CG, some people don't think about others. Like you said though, it's only a couple days.

Gordon, If I had Jerry take the coach somewhere warm who would fix me dinner when I got home? He needs to be here to take care of me and I don't get that much time off.

Lloyd, Glad you are getting some rain. Sure is hard in drought conditions, that rain nourishes everything including us. I agree with the storage deal. Like I said it is opened on one side but the coach is completely covered and about 5 feet in so if it gets any snow it will only be on the rear end and limited. We had planned on the local Fairgrounds for storage and that was $66 but we couldn't get to the coach. Then someone who used the barn built their own barn and this site camp available. We are pleased with it. At this price even when we are gone in the winter we will pay for it to reserve it until we decide about selling the house.

Well, got to go pull bushes out and clean the yard. You all have a great day. Another beautiful one here. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:26 AM   #2474
bap

gooodmorning kids..,,,,,

Lloyd,,,,were finally getting the rain also,,we havent had any in well over a month either,,----

RAIL,,,i all to well understand about the vanishing posts,,,remember last winter when i couldnt post anything without losing it,,,aggghh,,, i dont know how i got mine working..

FLAGGY,,, happy to have you with us,,,these guy,s and gals are great here,,--and where are you located ??---if you said i must have missed it..

GORDAN,,im sure your getting excited about the migration,,,,,,but dont you miss the cold snowy weather....lol.

FRANK,,,,hey buddy..

MK,,,prayers still sent for ya bud..

LYNNE,,happy you found a winter place for the mh..,,,great piece of mind to have it out of the weather for sure...

well debbie and i went over to her uncles auction yesterday night and a vintage taylor craft tt followed us home..lol,,,it needs ALOT of tlc but for what we gave for it we can afford to give it a total make over...lol

you all have a great and safe weekend,,,,,and dont miss the supermoon on sunday..
take care my friends!!!!!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #2475

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

Gordon, If I had Jerry take the coach somewhere warm who would fix me dinner when I got home? He needs to be here to take care of me and I don't get that much time off.
I had figured that Jerry could bring the coach down (say Jan - Feb), set it up and return. That way he would be home to prepare meals and provide moral support. The cost of flights in the US is quite reasonable so commuting would/could be reasonable.

It would get both of you to the warm for a needed winter break.

Time off would be the issue. It would not be worth traveling that far for only a few days. Was nice thinking about it if even for a short time.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #2476

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
gooodmorning kids..,,,,,

GORDAN,,im sure your getting excited about the migration,,,,,,but dont you miss the cold snowy weather....lol.
Can't say that we miss the cold snowy winter . . . . but:

We go home for several weeks at Christmas. While there I will be shoveling and plowing whatever snow is there. As well we will be plugging the truck in and warming it up prior to driving.

We will be going downhill skiing for a couple weeks to SLC. I organize a ski patrol reunion for the 88 Olympic Ski Patrol. Had the first one in 93 and have been going back every year since.

We still like winter and enjoy the snow but also like not having to deal with the snow and cold for a long duration.

Only 7 more sleeps.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #2477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Can't say that we miss the cold snowy winter . . . . but:

We go home for several weeks at Christmas. While there I will be shoveling and plowing whatever snow is there. As well we will be plugging the truck in and warming it up prior to driving.

We will be going downhill skiing for a couple weeks to SLC. I organize a ski patrol reunion for the 88 Olympic Ski Patrol. Had the first one in 93 and have been going back every year since.

We still like winter and enjoy the snow but also like not having to deal with the snow and cold for a long duration.

Only 7 more sleeps.
Gordon, I'm glad you enjoy winter still. We emigrated from England back in the 70s and came to Edmonton. Our family still thinks we were out of our minds and why didn't we go to BC, lol! Guess we were more adventurous in the early days.
We are just hoping we DON'T see the white stuff before we leave.
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #2478

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana4two View Post
Gordon, I'm glad you enjoy winter still. We emigrated from England back in the 70s and came to Edmonton. Our family still thinks we were out of our minds and why didn't we go to BC, lol! Guess we were more adventurous in the early days.
We are just hoping we DON'T see the white stuff before we leave.
As you know there is nothing worse in Alberta than anywhere else. Not having a sales tax and low personal taxes does not hurt. Free health care (not sure how long that will last) does not hurt either. Both Janet and I have been the recipient of excellent health care recently so no complaints here.

More often than not we run into snow and bad weather south of the border. We have had some issues in the Lethbridge area during our returns. Not sure how we will avoid that as we are returning because of the tax deadlines.