Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #2479

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning friends.

Have a showing of the S&B today at noon. DW has me running around making sure everything is ready.

Having the family over for one last get together here this afternoon. Busy day.

Hope you all are well.

Go Hawks!!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #2480

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - good to see you back on the thread. Hope the showing goes well and offers are made quickly and above the asking.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #2481

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jay,
I'm with Gordon on the hope that it goes well and acceptable offers are made quickly and always above the asking.
Gordon,
You can have my share of winter, I will give it to you for free, I'm with Lorraine, I don't care if I never see another snowflake in my lifetime.
Bap,
Glad to see you back buddy, and another vintage to rebuild, my only question is when are you and Debbie going to go out and enjoy the fruits of your labor?
Lynne,
Thanks, good thing is that the noisy neighbors left about 1pm. The kids are still here but they are not obnoxious, and they are quiet by dark.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #2482

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank;
Thanks for the offer to share. Send any snow you do not want to Salt Lake City. Any and all contributions are gratefully accepted. Unfortunately a tax reciept will not be issued.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #2483

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes...have two dr app on monday hopefully will know more then...

One thing I have learned in my short 47 years is that you can never have to few friends..the feeling of community that exist on this forum is because of all of the great and diverse people on here. You May Prefer A MH or a 5er or a tt and it doesn't matter because everyone here has the same goal to go rv-ing and enjoy the great outdoors that God gave us.

I raise my cup of coffee and tip my hat to each and everyone of you who are on Irv2 because I believe we all have found the secret to life which is to just enjoy it and make friends.
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #2484

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes...have two dr app on monday hopefully will know more then...

One thing I have learned in my short 47 years is that you can never have to few friends..the feeling of community that exist on this forum is because of all of the great and diverse people on here. You May Prefer A MH or a 5er or a tt and it doesn't matter because everyone here has the same goal to go rv-ing and enjoy the great outdoors that God gave us.

I raise my cup of coffee and tip my hat to each and everyone of you who are on Irv2 because I believe we all have found the secret to life which is to just enjoy it and make friends.
Great words, MK!! Our prayers are with you for a good outcome from the Dr's visit!
Bap, you also said it great! Ditto!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:39 AM   #2485

Good morning!

64 degrees here, showers expected today. Looks like we may have gotten a little more during the night, the deck is pretty wet.

MK, very well said. Praying for the best.

Yesterday I was unable to find my exhaust leak. Got all the floor up in the coach bedroom, on idle or no load it just isn't making the noise. Son in-law is going to try and come over today, and take a listen while I drive. With the floor up maybe he can get us closer to the problem.

I did find why our dash A/C stopped working. Before we took delivery the dealer installed a new A/C compressor. The Tech, didn't put the low pressure suction line back thru the loops that hang from the floor when he installed it, so the line laid on the exhaust and has a 4" hole in it. Argh!

At first I didn't understand just how bad this gets,,,, the low pressure hose is 40 something feet long (runs to the front of the coach) and is a special hose only used in MH's, 3/4" ID #14. Nobody makes a splice for it! I've searched everywhere. I purchased a 3/4" brass insert fitting yesterday, but the hose has a braided material (not steel wire) woven inside of it and it won't let me slide the insert in as it won't stretch. Going to try and heat it this morning, then attempt to slide it in there one more time. I got it in the lose end of the hose, took it in the shop and used the vise to hold it. So it can be done. If I can get it in there, I got 4 a/c hose clamps at the parts store, heavy duty units. Its the low pressure side, all should be good.

Replacing the hose would be expensive ($6.50 a foot online) and a significant project. In the end I would have the same problem, as I wouldn't be able to pull the hose through with the ends on it.

That's my plan for today!

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_175632_resized.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	108111  
Old 09-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #2486

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
MK,
Great incite and outlook, we agree about the people on here.
Gordon,
You can have my snow with no tax deductions expected.
Lloyd,
Looks like maybe you got the right idea, hope that it works for you. Don't you just hate it when you get grief because someone that should know better doesn't do their job properly. One of the big reasons that I hate to take my vehicles to someone that I don't know to have them work on it, I would rather do it myself.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #2487
bap

hey gang,,,,gooodmoringg !!!!!

JAY,,,,i know all to well about rental,s---they can cost waay more than they bring in sometimes,,,i do the happy dance everytime i see a major job going on at the rental niehborhood debbie and i built and then sold 16yrs latter,,,...

FRANK,,,,debbie and i would love to go out camping but her condition has worsened to the point she cant take the campfire smoke in the cg,s anymore so we just do what we love to do and try and breath new life into some of these old tt,s before there all gone...-----she told me just the other day we need at least 6 more---she has a plan.....lol....

and to the rest of my friends on here,,,-----have a great day,,stay safe but feel alive ,,and dont forget to step outside and see the supermoon tonight between 10-11,,,----you wont see it again for 30yrs..
bap out....
Old 09-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #2488

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Hope this fine morning finds all upbeat and feeling positive. Today is a travel day for us. We are leaving Durango Colorado today and starting the slow trip back to central Texas. Friday we spent all day in Mesa Verde and Saturday did a day trip to Silverton and Ouray and the Million Dollar Highway. The aspens were turning and views were spectacular. I did not take one picture. I drove. Rebecca took a hundred pictures, will post some when she shares. Easy 4 hours driving today. But getting back into some heat again.

Visiting friends in Albuquerque and Lubbock Texas on the way home. Wishing all a good day.

ronspradley/rebecca
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #2489

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

MK, I agree with the great people on here. Some of us have met and it is like we have always been friends. All that get to know each other gets done here and you just feel comfortable and go right to being good friends.

Ron and Rebecca, have a safe trip to Texas. Hope many of the views are wonderful. Take pics and post please.

Jeff, Glad Debbie still feels good enough to work with you on the TTs. I would love to come meet you two one day and maybe see some of your TTs. I love the tear down and rebuild projects. Have only ever done that on houses and furniture, but it is kind of similar.

Frank Where are you and Rita now? When do you head to Florida? Keep safe on the roads and enjoy the trip.

Coffee is always good and the toast wasn't bad this am. Going to clean up more of the yard today. Looks like it might rain and the ground is dry here. You all have a good day and I wish you much happiness. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #2490

Hello everyone,
It's football Sunday! Seahawks this afternoon, Broncos tonight and Packers on Monday night. Doesn't get much better than this.
It's only 3°C this morning with a high of 9°

MK, nothing but good thoughts coming your way for your doc appointments.

I concur with others that this forum is one of the better ones, I rarely see bullying or negative comments on here. Just encouragement and great knowledge. Keep it coming everyone!

It's bow hunting season here in Alberta. A truck has driven by us 3 times in the last hour, very slowly each time. Obviously looking for signs of deer but too lazy to actually get out of his truck and go into to the bush. I just hope he gets caught red handed and fined heavily.

Well on that note I wish everyone a wonderful Sunday!

Lorraine
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #2491

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well it proofed on me again. repeat
Morning
coffee is delish weather is perrrrfect I thought it was Saturday today Peoples leaving the rv park and new ones coming in.
The MH ran like a top. I blew a belt on the way home from getting my new Hankooks on the steering. We decided we just wont replaced the belt for the smog junk.
I have been hiding the fact that the tires on the old gal were bought by the previous owner and are really old like 1996 I can't tell you how it rides so nice, I have to wait to get the rears replaced and I bet she will ride like brand new and a lot better. The tires I bought are wider than the ones that were on her and I will get the same tires for the rears I bought 225x70x19.5 Hankook's I have them on the 64 and really like them.
Yes football Sunday. All I need is Meatloaf and Squash
Well back to the game GO VIKINGS YEA BABY.......
Oyea I forgot too tell ya I did in fact tear my right rotary cuff again . I need to call the surgeon that fixed it the last time. I remember he told me back then to not do it again. I'm not sure what I'm in for. Viks just got a touch down , yea Baby????
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #2492

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Coffee here is great, also. Still no rain here. I think the dry weather is helping the farmers with the fall harvest. There was no WiFi at the COE campground, so I am behind staying caught up with the forum. We live in New Haven, which is about one hour west of St. Louis. We are back home today, working in the house before a family wedding. DW is not a sports fan, so we are watching "Flipping RV's" in between chores. Good luck on those medical issues. We have a friend who is scheduled for shoulder replacement AND rotator cuff repair at the same time. Docs are telling him six months of PT and rehab. Wow.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum