Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #2493

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post

Jay, glad you have your house done and on the market! Your big adventure start's very soon!!
No kidding. Will start construction over at Liberty Farms as soon as I get there.

Have some site work to complete before winter sets in.

Grading
Septic
Power
Well & water lines
6 RV pads with full hookups.

All of that will be underground so want to get it done before the 1st freeze.

Then I have to go to AL, MS then might have to swing up to NY just to see Terry's 5er in person. Then on to OH.WI and CO before I head back to OK.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #2494

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Jay - good to see you back on the thread. Hope the showing goes well and offers are made quickly and above the asking.
Thanks. Good to be back. Missed you folks. We kinda missed the back to school rush window. We have had one open house (4 people) and 3 other showings. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Jay,
I'm with Gordon on the hope that it goes well and acceptable offers are made quickly and always above the asking.
We priced it right to sell. Our agents have sold 80 houses so far this year. It's only been 14 days so far.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #2495

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening Gang,

Flaggy, Do you have a smart phone? Does it have a HotSpot? If so, you can actually use your phone for your pc or laptop or tablet. Our son had to point out to me that I have a HotSpot on my phone. Had no idea and no idea what it was even.

He showed me, we got it linked with my Laptop and DH's tablet and that is what we use at the CGs that have no WiFi. Works great and since it is password protected, then secure for banking. Not doing that right now but will when I retire.

Check your phone out, may be an answer for you.

Otherwise, just had burgers on the grill and sweet potato fries. Yummy! Have a good evening all and a great week. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #2496

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Saw part of the Blood Moon Eclipse last night, until the clouds covered everything up, but got to see most of it from the time it started till the moon was all the way covered. Raining here this morning, not a downpour, but enough that you don't want to go out.

Lynne,
We are back in Ohio, by Rita's son, will be here till Oct. 8th, then on to Elkin's, WVa., then stop at Lloyd's on the 16th, then on to Florida till the end of April.
Jay,
Glad that everything is coming together for you, it looks like you will need more than 6 sites for the 4th of July. Those of us that are planning to come see you is growing by the day.
Ronspradley,
Glad that you are having a goodtime, safe travels and as Lynne said, pics please.
Tim,
Sorry about the rotary cuff. glad that the tires are working good for you, watch out about the width on the duals in the back that they don't touch where they bulge from the weight on them at the bottom, it will tear up the sidewalls if they do.
Bap,
I'm sorry that Debbie can't enjoy the camping anymore, sounds like you could take the trailer out into the back 40 and still enjoy the trailer.

Have a great day all, and be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 AM   #2497

Morning!

70 here, misting, showers forecasted all week. We have not gotten a lot of rain, but it keeps coming. Soon I will complain about not being able to mow the lawn cause its always wet!

No luck on the A/C hose, tried hard, cannot get the insert coupling into the hose on the coach. Going to an A/C hose place today to see what they have to help me work this.

Found the exhaust leak, cylinder #3, bottom of exhaust manifold gasket gone. If you google on our motor, (400 ISL) this is common. Major project to fix this, all the exhaust pollution stuff has to come off, the turbo, and then you can get at the manifold. Looks like 90% of the work will need to be done from underneath. Of course the biggest challenge is getting the bolts out without breaking them. Cummins used bolts, not studs and nuts. No way to get any penetrating oil in there.

Unfortunately, work is getting in the way of working on the coach!

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #2498

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Afternoon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Jay,
Glad that everything is coming together for you, it looks like you will need more than 6 sites for the 4th of July. Those of us that are planning to come see you is growing by the day.
Ronspradley,
Not to worry there will be plenty of room. We will put in some extra hookups if need be. Can always add a fill & dump station for the self contained folks and power can be pulled from the outbuildings. Ditto waterlines for those that don't like drinking from the tanks.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #2499

Well Dr Appointment went kinda odd...she came in and started talking about the blood test results, alot of jibberish technical stuff, well she didn't have any hard copies because they were still being finalized. Dr told me she had been on the phone with MD Anderson in houston this weekend and all day today and they are going to take my case because she does not treat this specific type of leukemia. With all that said and only having the pelimery results my leukemia is acute form of lymphocritic or myelogenous leukemia...

She would not do a bone marrow biopsy because MD Anderson would not accept it from her they prefer to do their own....so I am waiting to hear back from MD Anderson when they can get me in within the next few days they apparently want to get started right away..

So there you have it ....that is all I know other than there are alot of good treatments and the possibility of bone marrow transplants. ..lol sounds like a life of fun ahead of me
Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #2500

Mk, sounds like they have a plan. Oh yes, this will be fun! Move fast and get this thing beat! I had a tough battle about 5 years ago, and from experience attitude wins. Best of luck!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #2501

Thanks I think I have a really good attitude about it....it's just a thang...penitentiary talk there...lol
Old 09-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #2502

Forest River Owners Club
It is not morning here, but the coffee was great during the wee hours this morning. (I woke up at 5:00 AM.) It must be that getting older thing! Our prayers to you on the leukemia. They are making great medical advances these days. The COE campground does not have that great of a cell phone signal from ATT, so the hot spot did not work well. Still no rain here, but the farmers are switching over to cutting beans. We took a drive through a state park campground this evening. It does not seem possible that many leaves have fallen.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-29-2015, 03:25 AM   #2503

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone! Coffee is good today!
MK, Hope all goes well, and keep the faith! I whipped prostate cancer, and you can whip this too! A positive attitude is a must! You have all of our prayers with you!
Flaggy, the coffee taste's good anytime!
Lloyd, hope you get the rain you need, it was very dry there for many days, so hope it catches up!
Everyone be safe out there in your travels! And those of you at home, enjoy!! Rail!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #2504

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rain again this morning, but still warm for NE Ohio, was in the middle 60's for a low, supposed to get to 70 today then the cold front(BRRRRR) comes through, looks like I am staying a week too long.
MK,
Keep up the good attitude and we will be here for you, whenever you need someone to lend an ear or a shoulder to lean on.
Mike,
Whereabouts are you. Sounds like you are having a great time.
Jay,
Sounds good, we will get with you in May to see what we can do too help you, we will be in Branson Mo, the first week of May, after our Rally we have no plans. So if Rita and I can help in any way, we will be available.
Rail,
Looks like maybe you have your problem solved with the loosing your posts, I hope so anyways.
Lloyd,
Hope that you miss the heavy rains that they are saying is going to hit down your way. See you soon.

Have a great day all, and a safe one,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #2505
bap

goooooooooooooooodmorninnng everyone!!!

having a light rain here but it is very nice outside,,only drawback is i was in the middle of taping the winnebago off to paint..ohh well..

LYNNE,,you guy,s are always welcome to stop in here our door is always open ..and thats for everyone of my friends on here...

FRANK,,lol..yup the back 40 really is a nice little get away...

MK, i agree with attitude is the best med.--along with prayer,s and you have that here with us buddy...

all of you stay safe this day....
Old 09-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #2506

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Coffee is good today. Drinking out of my new 32oz Big Bubba Mug
We are back to the S&B from our short trip up North. MH ran perfectly.
I thought its time for Joe too drive the MH since I got new tires in front, He said its a lot different. We stopped at a rest stop for lunch and he didn't want to drive any more.
Those new tires are great, Thanks for the info Frank, The tire shop looked to be sure that they will work on the drivers now just have to come up with the funds.
We have to , take the KarKatty SS in to see what the problem is the tire on the right is leaning in on the top.
The doc read my test results and said I will need to have surgery on my shoulder. I was almost positive that was what he was going to say

Have a great day
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote