Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #2507

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
glad to help, wouldn't want you to spend all that money and find out after that they wouldn't work. Hope that your surgery goes well on your shoulder, prayers for you.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #2508

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning, Everyone!! Coffee is tasting good today!
I had to drink it a little later than usual today, as I had my 3 month blood test today, and I added 2 extra tests to the mix! One for blood sugar, one for cholesterol, along with the PSA, and CBC level's. Good to know those numbers too! The good thing was I did not have to go to Bangkok to do these tests, and did them here at our Hospital, where Jira works, so very easy to do! She had it all set up, just walked in, gave the vampire nurses my blood, and back out! In and out in 10 min's! Try that in the good ol USA!!
Tim, hope the shoulder surgery goes as planned
Bap, I had a thought about all the travel trailers you are re-doing! You could set up your own vintage campground, and rent out your trailers as a motel would do? You could have your own store, sell firewood, and the such? Just thinking out loud!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!

Old 09-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #2509

That's a great idea rail!!! Now to get the planning stage together and we can follow that thread like Terry's. ....lol...it really is a great idea.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #2510

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Just finished my cup of coffee and relaxing in my chair. Sun is shining and looks to be a beautiful day. Got cold last night and expected to get in the 30's (at night) this weekend. I so am NOT ready for the colder weather but it isn't long to retirement and then getting out of here when it is cold.

Those of you on the road traveling keep it safe. Those of you with medical problems I wish you God's healing power. I hope the ret of this year is peaceful and kind to each of you. I hope the coming year for all of us brings great happiness and peace.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 AM   #2511
bap

goodmorning gang.....

rail,,sounds like a great idea for sure,,we have the land to do it also,,...hmm will have to talk about that with debbie and see what we can come up with...that would be alot of fun ....i like it..
Old 09-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #2512

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Heavy rain today, started yesterday we have around 4+ inches right now, watching the news and alot of road closures ect. Then maybe a hit from a system with more rain for Friday thru the weekend........oh well at least its not snow...yet We also had a small earthquake about 15 miles from us, right at a large set of reservoirs that would potentially wipe out some communities in its path they say no damage so that's good news. Rail, that's a great idea for Bap to start his own retro campsite, only OLD RV's allowed, newer then 20yrs old can't go. Prayers to all for quick and full recoveries and good health. Gotta go find something to do.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #2513

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning,weather not so much, rain has tapered off, but stilll overcast and gloomy.
I also like Rails idea for bap and his flock of vintage trailers.
Rail,
Hope that all your blood test numbers come back in good shape.
Lynne,
The next year will seem like one of the longest that you have ever had on one hand, then as you get ready to retire and start getting everything in order, the time all of a sudden starts flying and before you know it, it is here and you are enjoying your newfound freedom. Just hang in there and you will be enjoying before you know it.
Terry,
I have no doubt that you will find something to do. Yesterday, I ended up spending a couple hours tearing the latching system for the bed out and readjusting it so it would catch when you closed the bed.
Frank
Old 09-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #2514

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Sad to hear about all of the medical issues we are having. Just when we thought we had achieved the wherewithall to enjoy life we are faced with more adversity.

Regardless hang in there and know that we are thinking of you and praying for a positive outcome.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #2515

Beautiful day today and tomorrow and then it's in the toilet with the temps up here. Just back from doggie walk and 2nd cup of coffee half drank.
Paul will shampoo the rug in the living room this morning, hopefully it will be dry by tonight
We got a surprise (Paul) when he was checking the tire pressure ready for our departure. One of the shackles had broken and the spring was wedged up against the frame. We picked up a new piece yesterday and now we are waiting for a welder to come and weld it back in place. Don't know how long it had been like that, eek!
Another fix it job for today is to put the shade back up (again) over the desk. Why is there always seems to be one that falls down time and time again.

We'll have a good day, everyone, the days are getting shorter!
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #2516

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Tim,
glad to help, wouldn't want you to spend all that money and find out after that they wouldn't work. Hope that your surgery goes well on your shoulder, prayers for you.
Frank
Thanks Frank,
I have been putting up with it for about a month or longer. The first time I did it the surgeon told me it was the worse tear that he had seen and also said don't do it again. I am dreading making that Call.
Thanks for the prayer's,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #2517

Hi All!

Been very busy, work is going full speed ahead.

Rain continues here, showers etc.. We may get major rain this weekend from the Hurricane headed toward the coast. Weatherman is not yet certain...

Working on collecting the parts to fix the coach exhaust. Cummins has a tech serv bulletin on my motor. Currently has a 1 peace manifold, new better manifold is 2 peace, has a sleeve between cylinder 3 and 4 that allows some flex. Supposedly cures this problem manifold gasket problem.

Take care all, going to be busy next couple days!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #2518

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone!!! Coffee is good today! I had to wait to get it as the men from the A/C co. came to clean the Mini Splits in two of the bedrooms this morning. Had to move everything out of their way, then move it back when they were done! Then mop up! Wow the water that came out of them was dirty, and I service the filters regularly! They take a small power washer, and wash out the coil's, and have a pan made up special, that catches the water, and it runs down a hose into a bucket!
Well, got my results back from the blood test's today, and everything is good! My triglyceride was a little high, so more exercise is in my future!! Cholesterol, Blood sugar, both good, PSA .010, and CBC in the normal range!
Everyone have a great day, stay dry! Batten down the hatches, Lloyd!!
Rail!
Old 10-01-2015, 07:05 AM   #2519

Good Morning Gang,
Rail,
Glad that your numbers are good, a little high on the triglycerides isn't ideal, but not bad.
Lloyd,
Hope that the storm passes by you. Looking at the weather this morning, they still don't know its track. Hopefully it will miss you and all tat you will get is some rain.

One more week in NE Ohio, then heading south, hopefully the storms will be gone before we get there.
Have a great day all, and be safe everyone,
Frank
Old 10-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #2520

Heya everybody
Have been off for a while , working on mom's car problems so she can drive in something reliable and safe ....then back to my own !

WOW , lots of rain here too yesterday . Hope that hurricane hangs a right and goes away before it hits the eastern shore.

Lots has happened here , wishing all with doctor visits ahead or behind the best and those on the road drive smart and just park it and wait it out if the weather gets uncooperative !

I'll try to keep up with postings , it sure takes some serious readin' to catch up on both threads after skipping a week or so !