Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #2521

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Heya everybody
Have been off for a while , working on mom's car problems so she can drive in something reliable and safe ....then back to my own !

WOW , lots of rain here too yesterday . Hope that hurricane hangs a right and goes away before it hits the eastern shore.

Lots has happened here , wishing all with doctor visits ahead or behind the best and those on the road drive smart and just park it and wait it out if the weather gets uncooperative !

I'll try to keep up with postings , it sure takes some serious readin' to catch up on both threads after skipping a week or so !
Welcome back Mr Popeye;
Was beginning to worry that something had gone sideways. And needing a pirate joke fix.

Good to see all is well with you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #2522

Good evening all!

I guess I mentioned we need rain too many times? Perhaps I might have suggested that rain was important for us, didn't feel like I went over the top,,, just needed some for the lawn, and to fill my pond. well........ we are going to get rain, lots of rain. For our area, 7 to 14". Yes, I typed that correctly! I can't even imagine. Wish us luck!

I should have all the coach parts from Cummins tomorrow. Tonight Deb and I got the coach in the barn. No joke, the barn is 11" longer than the coach so the door just closes. To walk to the other side of the building the door needs to be open . Interesting, the barn is 41'4", inside and a 39' motorhome just fits in. Not sure I understand the concept of a 39' motorhome that is actually 40' 8" long.

Popeye, welcome back.

Gordon, your on the road soon right? The 8th?

Frank, see you in 15 days!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #2523

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good evening all!

I guess I mentioned we need rain too many times? Perhaps I might have suggested that rain was important for us, didn't feel like I went over the top,,, just needed some for the lawn, and to fill my pond. well........ we are going to get rain, lots of rain. For our area, 7 to 14". Yes, I typed that correctly! I can't even imagine. Wish us luck!

I should have all the coach parts from Cummins tomorrow. Tonight Deb and I got the coach in the barn. No joke, the barn is 11" longer than the coach so the door just closes. To walk to the other side of the building the door needs to be open . Interesting, the barn is 41'4", inside and a 39' motorhome just fits in. Not sure I understand the concept of a 39' motorhome that is actually 40' 8" long.

Popeye, welcome back.

Gordon, your on the road soon right? The 8th?

Frank, see you in 15 days!

L.
Hey Lloyd;
That is tight indeed to store your coach. However it is in regardless if you have 11" or 11'. Good to have it out of the weather. Then no matter what the storm brings you can rest easy about the coach. We like to have our in whenever we are not using it. Keeps the sun off of the tires, etc.

Not sure how they measure things in some cases. I figured out the 5er the other day. It is called a KZ41. It measures 43'10". Well it turns out it is 41' from the pin to the rear bumper. So the front cap is not counted in the length.

Our coach is closer to the number they have on it. Our 42 is actually 42'11". Going to have to play with a tape one day to see if I can figure it out.

Hope the pond gets just enough water to fill it and not to overflow too much. Like seeing water running but not out of control. Hope you are high enough so there are no worries about flooding.

Coach is out of the shed. With luck we are leaving tomorrow. Taking a liesurly drive down by way of the dealers. One of the slides is making a bit of noise so they said might as well replace the slide mechanism. Few extra miles but will see some new country. Really like our dealer and the staff there.

Hope everyone has a great next few days. May check briefly tomorrow but then will be on the road for 3 days. Check in when we get to the dealers.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #2524

Good morning all!

Raining this morning, the heavy stuff starts this afternoon. Revised forecast says 5 to 8" of rain, however there will be areas that get 12 or more. Yikes!

Safe travels Gordon! Good luck with the slide fix.

We keep our coach in an 18'x48' carport. I built the barn so we could put our old 38' 5er in there to work on it,,, then we moved to this coach. It is in, that's what counts. If I were just going to service the engine, or work on the genny, I have just been pulling that end in.

I made a deal with a diesel mechanic who does side jobs, to replace our exhaust manifold this weekend. The DPF, and all that pollution stuff has to come out, the turbo and possibly the EGR cooler. He gave me a really reasonable price. Near as I can tell, 90% of it will need to be done from below. It is a little tricky, fuel lines to the exhaust (for regen) and from what Cummins tells me the EGR cooler is a royal pain. Hopefully the new improved exhaust manifold will set us up to never do this again. He's supposed to start tomorrow, performing the work in our barn.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #2525

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Overcast and breezy here this morning, no rain till early tomorrow morning, temps in the lower 40's brrrr. Have had the heat pumps running the last couple nights.

Popeye,
Glad that you checked in and let us know that you are OK. Hope that the hurricane takes a sharp right also.

Gordon,
Safe travels my friend.

Lloyd,
Hope that most of that rain misses you. A little is good, a lot is not so much. As far as the coach goes, they say that the length is measured on the inside, I'm not sure whether they measure the dash area or not. Looking forward to our visit.

Have a great day all, and stay safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #2526
bap

goodmorning folks,,

Lloyd,,,i belive the storm will take that right hand turn,,,--sure hope im right about that...---we have been getting rain since it hit you also,,i think our drought is over..

GORDAN.. safe travels,,and hope all goes well at the dealership...

EVERYONE ELSE,,,,take care --prayers sent to all !!
Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #2527

Hey BAP!

I think you are correct about the storm,,,, least that is what they say. However at the risk of sounding like I know what I am talking about......

The storm is creating a low pressure over the Carolina's, well actually as far north as New Jersey. And some how, some way, it is going to just sit over us all and dump rain. Lots of rain. N. Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey etc have already declared a state of emergency. And the rain just started.

They really, really, expect this to happen, and cause huge flooding. No mention of wind. The hurricane will stay way off-shore, but this will be created/caused by it. First I recall a Hurricane missing, but someplace getting slammed despite that?

L.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #2528
bap

Lloyd,,,i hear ya buddy,,i know all to well about flooding , our little town has all but flooded away many times ,,this place sits like a volcano up on a mtn an down in the center of it,,,the town catches all the run off ---i didnt notice that untill we started fliying powered parachutes and at 1000ft it is very noticable..i wish you the best with the rain my friend,,prayers sent your way...
Old 10-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #2529

Good morning!

Well, the forecast for heavy rain to start early yesterday afternoon was wrong for us. It got serious last night around 9pm. Was raining hard when we went to bed at 11, raining hard when I got up this morning. I assume it rained hard all night. Satellite TV keeps fading in and out. Going to be a soggy weekend.

I got projects in the shop to work, looks like a inside weekend.

L.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:49 AM   #2530

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,

Lloyd,
Somehow I missed the part about having the mechanic do the work for you at a good price. I agree with you about all the modern EPA junk makes these things hard to work on. Hope everything goes as planned for you, and that you don't get too much rain.

Bap,
We are only getting a drizzle this morning in NE Ohio, but we are not supposed to gt a hard rain like you guys. Glad that the hurricane is going out to sea and isn't coming on shore.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #2531

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Lloyd, hopefully you get your MH fixed and you are up high and dry. Watching the news and seeing all the flooding in SC. Gordon, safe trip to your southern home. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #2532
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,

still very windy ,cold with alot of rain here...has poured the rain all yesterday and last night,,going to rain all day today also but stop tonight ..then it gets sunny and back up into the 70s sunday and all next week,,,,yeeehaww !!!!!!

everyone stay safe and make it a great weekend no matter what...
Old 10-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #2533

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Wow, it got a bit cool again last night. 44 I so am not ready for this. Wind has been really blowing hard and coming from the NE. I have seen a few MH's and Toads, 5th wheels and such heading South already. Looks like they are loaded for a warm winter stay. Hopefully that will be us in Jan or Feb of 2017.

Trees are changing colors and one thing you can say about that is that the colors are beautiful. There are always trees that change earlier than any others and they have been changing the last month. Others won't change for a while yet but the colors are nice. Will get some pics for you Southerner's when the come full. Would love some beach pics if any of you are at a beach.

Otherwise, getting the coach ready for winter. Don't think we are going to get another chance to use it this year with me working. Ah, but next year we have plans.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #2534

Gordon
By Request

What is a pirate's LEAST favorite animal ????????????????

A BEAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR