Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #2591
bap

goodmorning folks,,,

LYNNE,, sorry about the cg being all booked up,,maybe you will still get a nice weekend before it gets to bad,,,i have always liked it a little cooler while camping than to hot,,the cf always felt better and the smore,s tasted even better also..lol

FRANK,,happy you guy,s are having such a great time,,--stay safe out there my friend.

MIKE,, --hard to belive your having such a hard time finding fine sand paper to wet sand,,around here even the dollar store has it,,--if you want i will ick you some up and ship it to you..

RON,, i have never heard of the tape dispenser,,,,how does this thing work , i have always free handed it and thought there must be a better way..,.lol

everyone have a great weekend...

...jeff

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #2592

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all! The coffee is great this morning. DD 's wedding is today. We will have great weather, cooler temps and no rain in St. Louis.
Mike: Be assured you will be in our prayers. With your positive outlook, you are sure to beat the monster back.
Gordon: it sounds like to MH is good to go for a while longer. The Winnebago facility is in a pretty area of Iowa. I worked about 45 minutes southwest of there for two years. I never got around to taking the factory tour, though. Take care, all!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Old 10-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #2593

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was extra good this morning, it was shared with good friends. Weather not so much, rained last night, so it is damp cool, and overcast, only going up to the mid 60's this afternoon and lows in the upper 30's tonight(BRRRR).
Lloyd,
How about Paradise @ Lloyd's?
Bap,
Thank you for the thoughts, we are having a great time, we really like being with our Sunrisers group.
Mike,
Really glad that you are joining in our group on here. It is always nice having new people join in and expand our range of friends. Have a wonderful time at DD wedding and our congratulations her way.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #2594

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
goodmorning folks,,,

RON,, i have never heard of the tape dispenser,,,,how does this thing work , i have always free handed it and thought there must be a better way..,.lol

everyone have a great weekend...

...jeff

Tape dispenser takes either 6" or 12" paper. I used the 12" paper. And you put a roll of tape on it. It dispenses the paper and tape at the same time, so you just pull the paper and the tape attaches itself to the paper at the same time. Saves so much time. Lowes and Home Depot here both carry the 3M brand.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #2595

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Everyone sitting down

Well the old gal (33yo) pasted the 10 year rule at a Camp ground/resort we wanted to stay at for this winter. I'm stoked (excided) All I have too do is get new rubber on her rear. Boy I'm ready to go now...
Happy Travels,
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #2596

Morning all!

59 here, rained steady to hard most of the day yesterday. Ok for us, not so good for those waiting for the floods to come down south of us.

Frank, Paradise @ Lloyd's sounds good. Or " A bit of South Carolina"?

Tim, glad you are able to get in. How did they do that? Had to send pics? Interesting where the RV world has gotten to over the years.

Well I am bummed. We got the exhaust manifold re installed yesterday, it is good to go. However the Turbo Cummins gave me is a problem. I took my old Turbo in (needed for the core exchange) and they took it with the actuator. (a critical peace on a variable geometry turbo) and I didn't realize the new one didn't come with one.

Frustrating, Cummins is closed on Saturday. Amazing I can buy a part at 50 different places here in our area for my Ford Focus, 7 to 8 Saturday or Sunday,,, there is even a 24 hour NAPA in Charlotte. But you can't get a truck part till Monday. People make their living with trucks.

Anyway, back to Cummins. Online research says I need a different actuator for the new Turbo,,,, new improved. Parts man never said a word about that. Ugh. So back to Cummins Monday.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:16 AM   #2597

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, Rita is making muffins for our pot luck brunch @ 10 AM, so the 5er is smelling really good this morning. Chilly (41*)this morning with fog going up to upper 60's. Went to a dinner show last night with the Sunrisers, had a very good meal and a 2 hour variety show that was enjoyed by all.
Lloyd,
Either name sounds good, your choice, sorry about the lack of parts. Most of the good parts guys would tell you that you need additional parts, our Cummins dealer is open at least till noon on Saturdays.
Tim,
Glad that you got into your campground, I will be running into the 10 year rule starting next year. I take it that you will be heading to Arizona shortly?
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #2598

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello,
I have to get this thread out. So far,
I got up at 4 couldn't sleep
Spilt my coffee twice on the new rug.
Spilt 3 rd. time on laptop
I hope I didn't' wreck it.
Boy Lloyd that is terrible. I just hope come Monday that they don't tell ya they need to order one, that would be my luck.
Yep Az it is, Quartzsite and I can hardly contain myself.
That tape thing sounds like it will make taping a lot easier.
I have been thinking that since there isn't any inside storage.
If I take the cushion's out on one side,
These cushions,http://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/5.../IMG_04741.jpg
I could put a dresser from the S&B in that space. That way we will each have 3 big drawer's for clothes. I think it will work,
I hope my laptop don't get wrecked from the coffee.

Ya'll have a good Football Sunday,,,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #2599
bap

goooodmorning ,,,,coffee is very good this cool morning here in eastern ky,,looking out the window its just a little foggy but the sun is quickly burning it away and warming us up to the lower 70s for another great day to be working outside..

L.,,that is a bummer about the turbo for sure,,-but you will have it straightened out soon..,,,

TIM,--congrats on passing the 10yr photo shoot,,...if they hadnt excepted you that would have been there loss..

FRANK,,,enjoy your brunch with the sunrisers,,---i know you will,,,and now im hungry for muffins,,,,lol

MIKE,,,it is great to have you jumping in here,,--like said above we are always happy to make new friends,,,look forward to getting to know you even better..

RON,, thanks for the tip,,i googled it up yesterday,,i didnt even think of a tape dispenser...--wish i would have thought it up...lol

everyone have a great day..and stay safe my friends..
Old 10-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #2600

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Just relaxing with coffee in the S&B after wedding celebration yesterday. Son and his family have left for Iowa already. Very quiet here now. After cleaning and laundry, we will return to the 5er for R&R. Tuxes back to the store today. Fun! Weather here is cooler, but will warm up again today. I guess the temps will see-saw for a while.

Quartzite sounds like a fun destination. We cannot wait to go after DW retires in two years. Some of those types of destinations are going to make a long list.

The masking paper and tape roller is a pretty cool contraption. Our neighbor has a "hobby" body shop on his property. His masking paper and tape roller is a real time saver. Over time, I have offered to buy him those types of supplies, but he graciously turns me down. I have located surplus items and handed them off to him, including a metal brake, shear, transmission jack, etc. I guess he thinks I have contributed to the effort. He is sure great to step in and help with smaller automotive projects.

I will camp host at Onondaga Cave State Park next month. The water lines to our kitchen sink in the fiver freeze at unacceptably warm temps. (30 degrees.) I need to drop the belly pan, pull the lines into the insulation, or wrap with heat tape. Not looking forward to this.

I hope all is well with the group. We have a good cell phone signal at the campground, should I should stay caught up.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #2601

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Well, we got the coach winterized. When we met with Frank and Rita, he showed us how to do it and it worked out pretty good. We'll be able to tell in the Spring for sure anyway.

Otherwise, if we go somewhere it will be the old Motel Hotel scenario. Glad all seem to be ok. Busy at work this weekend. Way too many sick people.

Stay safe all and talk with you later. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #2602

Hi all!

Great day here today, cleared up, blue sky's from about 11am on. Low 70's. Got a ton of yard work done this afternoon. Had to get site #1 cleaned up for Franks inspection , don't want to get bad reviews. LOL

I did get my A/C suction line fixed on the coach. Not sure if I previously mentioned this, but my suction line was not properly placed in the provided loops as it went to the compressor. It burned on the exhaust, and we lost our coolant. Its a 3/4 ID line, only used in motorhomes. Found a guy in Ocala Florida, who specializes in motorhome A/C. He made me a fitting to rejoin the hose, that is a #14 hose, but uses a #12 crimper. (given #14 hose is very rare, nobody has a #14 crimper) I bought a portable crimper for $132 from tool topia. Anyway, I used the tool today and it worked great, my suction line is repaired. Nice tool! Not sure I could have gotten this done by the time I found a shop with the tool, drove there, paid, etc etc..

Hope everyone else had a great day!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #2603

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi All,

Jerry and I had to take the coach to the barn to store for winter. Wanted to get it done before it got dark. Put the tires up on some wood and shut her down. Boo Hoo, I could cry. Only got to use it 8 days but next year will be another story.

Next year, won't have to worry about deoxidizing and waxing. The pipes should all be fine. Should just have to do a wash and inspect and then go, go, go. Will need to replace 2 windows but can get that done early.

So, the CG we couldn't get into is called Sleepy Hollow State Park. This weekend it was full because they had "Ickibod Crane" weekend. All sorts of things to do. Won't miss that next year, looks like a blast. This is a very nice CG and they have a lot of yearly activities to attract people. It's a great idea. They often fill up.

So do any of you know a CG that does Firework displays for July 4th weekend? We will be off during that time but would like to see fireworks and not be more than 10 hrs from home. I know there will be fireworks in OK but I can't make it that far while still working. Have to do that another year.

Sounds like each of us have different things to do to the rigs and homes. People to go see, and health issues to fight. Glad to have each of you as a sounding board to help while we are learning this way of life. You have been a great help and have made this experience much easier on us and I want to thank you for that. I hope as we learn we can make a difference for someone else and help them. Nothing better than paying it forward.

Today was beautiful! It would have been the perfect camping weekend. 30 Fri night and 64 Sat. Sat night 44 and 70 Sun. Sunny and warm but it is clear we are heading for winter. Only 15 more months, only 15 more months.

You all have a good week. I look forward to this thread and forum daily. Night, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #2604

Winnebago Owners Club
Evening All;
We have successfully made it to Yuma. Janet and I are currently sitting in 89 degree weather at 7:30 mountain standard time.

We got here about noon, filled the tank with diesel and have been really busy. Hooked up the RO water and have started setting up the patio furniture, etc.

Making 7 mpg towing the trailer over the entire trip. Pretty happy about that.