Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #2675

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Good to hear things are moving ahead. Best wishes for a successful outcome. Keep up the positive attitude and prayers with you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #2676

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
MK,
Thank you for the update, we are all pulling for you and all of our prayers and well wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

We arrived at Townsend, Ga, about an hour ago, no problems, a beautiful travel day, but traffic on I95 got a little congested at times, but we got through ok. It is just shy of 70* here and only dropping to around 48* tonight, so we are heading in the right direction. Nice little park, with a small lake, only about a mile from the interstate and only $25 for the night, can't beat it.
Catch you all in the morning before we leave,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #2677

MK, this is not the way to loose weight,,,, of course you knew that. Keep swinging, looks like you already got the fight going! Best wishes! Get well soon!

Gordon, I like that 6" rain! Much better than the 6" we got awhile ago.

Terry,,,, BRRRR! Move south! Frank and Rita left site #1 open! Come on down!

Frank, glad you got there sounds like it worked out as predicted. I 95 is a crazy road. Too much traffic, not enough road. Safe travels.

L.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #2678

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, First and foremost, We are pulling for you MK, think of you often and prayers sent . Frank, good to hear your moving your way south successfully, one more day. Lloyd, there is nothing I would like better then to pack up and GO. We went to an RV show today, (get some good ideas, and some bad ones, can't believe the shoddy work on some), we did look at some very nice MH's, saw one Newmar 43' w/tag axle and a 15000 pound pulling capacity.......nice floor plan a new one for 2016, only $286,000 . tempting but out of my price range . Have a Great Night All
Old 10-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #2679

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Goodnite All! Especially MK, may the Angels be by your side as you go thru this difficult time! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:17 AM   #2680

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning, Everyone!!!! Coffee was very good today!
MK, sure glad you got us that up-date! As I said before, "You Got This!!" Keep that positive attitude, and you will sail thru this! You are still in our prayers!!
Bobby, I went thru the rent'ers thing with my X-FIL. And I know what kind of stress they can put on you! It is unbelievable what some people do? You have made the right decision, and now you can relax a bit!
Terry, the new MH's are so nice, but also way out of my pay scale! But I like the older one's, when they were made by craftsmen!
Gordon, have the doves built a nest on any of the snakes yet? I tried them in the front engine compartment, to discourage the mice, Hehehehehe, all it did was scare the heck out of the mech.!
Frank, glad you are almost back to your spot in Fl. Drive safe!
Lynne, great idea about the smoke-less fire pit for Debbie and Jeff, (BAP)
Tim, you still looking for a new-to-you MH? If I see one in your area, (Mn.) I am looking for $20,000 or less older, (Vintage) DP! So if I run across one close to you, I can let you know?
Have not heard from Curtis lately? Must be busy!
Flaggy, Hannibal, Mo. is a great place to hang out! You are in my old stomping grounds, just over in the middle of Il. is where I am from! You can wrap that water line with heat tape, then put some pipe insulation over it, and just plug it in when it is cold! They have the heat tape that will kick on when the temp drops to a certain deg. so you do not have to worry about it! I used to camp most of the year, in a old Shasta MH, that way, and never had a problem! Just as long as your bu** didn't touch the wall when you rolled over!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #2681

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Woke up early this morning, so it looks like we will be leaving between 7 and 7:30, since I95 is less than a mile from the campgrounds, don't have to worry about school-buses or traffic. Only hooked up electric and put the slides out, so unhooking will be quick.
Terry,
Those MH are nice, but so is the prices, lol. plus it is really hard to start modifying something that costs that much, haha.
Bobby,
Glad that you are seeing your way clear to go out and start enjoying yourself and dumping all that worrisome stuff.
Have a great day all, Next post will be from the warmth of sunny Florida.
Frank
Old 10-19-2015, 04:42 AM   #2682

Morning all!

41 here this morning. The cold is slowly sneaking its way in.

I spent yesterday working on my barn septic system. I have a bathroom just about done (got to do the floor, install the toilet, and install a vanity) and would like to get it going so I don't have to walk up the hill to the house. It is a full bath with a shower.

Next to the barn I have a large car port the coach fits in. The plan is to plumb in a sewer hookup for the coach into the system for the barn. Yesterday I put in about 50' of pipe, hard to explain but it was a complicated run, around a retaining wall, an oak tree, etc. I have it to where the run from the carport till T in.

Going to be a couple weeks before I get back at that. I'm moving my parents this weekend. They sold there house in Myrtle Beach, moving 4-5 miles from here. They are getting too old to be far away, and Dad can't keep up with the house.

Have a great day all! It is a w--k day for me.

L.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #2683

Winnebago Owners Club
Cooling off here and mightly pleasant. At 8:30 mountain standard the temp is 78. High was 95 today. Bit cooler tomorrow.

Went to Algodones today and got a haircut. Last one was in June. Should be able to get another mile per gallon with the coach cause of less wind resistance in my hair. Unfortunately the motorcycle helmet may be a bit loose!!

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:53 AM   #2684

Morning all!

39 this morning, first dip into the 30's. Going to warm up Wednesday and Thursday, hitting 78 by Thursday afternoon.

Frank and Rita ought to be at winter base camp by now? Lots of setup to do there I'm sure he is busy.

Gosh Gordon, if I went from June to now without a haircut,,, I'd be a shaggy dog. My hair grows fast, and the older I get it grows everywhere! Did I mention its gray?

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:06 AM   #2685

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Made it here without incident yesterday afternoon, got the rig set up, but don't have everything set up yet. Will work on it today as Rita is off to do laundry. 61* this morning going to 86* this afternoon. I did send some of the warmth north, you guys should get it in the next couple of days.
Glad to be home and back to the shorts, T-shirt, and flip flops(YEAH!!!!!).
Have a great Day All,
Frank
Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #2686

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, glad to see you home safe and sound, must feel real relaxing. Lloyd, the bathroom will come in handy when done. Little warmer this AM, 42* going to 60* Catch all later
Old 10-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #2687

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - not sure about the snakes and their effectiveness. Going up today to check out the situation. I waited until after the fellows washed the roof before putting them out. Thought the same thing about startling the workers. Could have other kinds of p**p up there instead of bird!

Frank - good to hear you are at your winter home safe and sound.

Lloyd - I get shaggy to but the barber gives me such a good haircut it grows out very well. There is a story behind this that takes a while to tell but short form is the haircuts I was getting at home were problematic. Sometimes good but mostly bad, with stories of woe is me from the barber, high cost and expecting a tip on top of it. The young ladies I go to in Algodones are smiling, pleasant and I have not had a bad haircut. They charge $3.00. A $7.00 tip is not a hardship.

Have some gray as well but I blame it on the kids.

Was really pleasant yesterday. Temperatures are moderating and we are now expecting highs of 84 with lows in the high 60.

Going to start riding the bicycle. Been staying under shade and rather sedentary so time to ramp up the exercise. It will help rationalize the evenings ice cream.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #2688

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Gang!!

Been a while. Life just seems to have me going in a million directions at once. Not enough hours in the day lately.

Been pushing hard networking and raising funds for Liberty Farms. Writing grants is a painful process.

Has to be done since the general public has been slow to help out despite all the kudos for such a great program (Link in the signature, Psst it's tax deductible).

House has been on the market for a few weeks now, man is the market slow. 4 showings so far. SO what does the agent say??? Lower the price. Never mind we told them from the get go we were not going to play that game. Besides what is the point if it's slow all over anyway? Told them if they match us dollar for dollar we would do it. Well you can bet that didnt get a warm reception. Yet they have no issue with taking money from our pockets.

Anyway, enough griping. Hope you all are well. I'll try and be here more often. Have a blessed day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote