Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #2689

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All.

64 here tonight and it was beautiful. Yesterday morning went I at 34 and came home at 64. Love the warmer of course but I guess it isn't going to last much longer.

Terry, Is you knee acting achy with the change in temp? Mine has been hurting like a sun-of-a-gun. I'm hoping to wait until just before I retire so I don't have to go back to work. Heating pad helps but I can't use one at w--k. Just wondered if the ache goes away after replacement.

Gordon, do the snakes really work on the roof to keep the birds away? Where we are storing our coach, a 5th wheel has moth balls around the tires. Figured "why not", anything that will help so going to do that tomorrow. Put dryer sheets all over inside. It smells very nice.

Jay, It only takes the one right person or couple to come in and the place will be gone. Just give it a bit of time. It will go when it's right.

By the way, I cut hair. Jerry hasn't been to a barber since we got married. 43 yrs and I cut his beard too. Used to do my Dad's when he was alive. Dad had what he called his "ring around the rosie" and said he shouldn't have to pay for a full hair cut since he didn't have a full head of hair. His was grey too.

Well, hope you all have a great sleep tonight. Prayers for you MK! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #2690

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Lynne, Every since my RA got as bad as it is the change of seasons drives me nuts, but the good news is my knees don't hurt anymore . Try an elastic knee support, they make the area where they are warm and give a little support, they helped me.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:05 PM   #2691

Winnebago Owners Club
Snake Report
So far the snakes seem to be w**king. I am not going to retire them anytime soon. Although they do not seem to mind the w**k word.

Went up today to clean out the air conditioners. Some leaves from the trees have been dropping through the grill for the fans. Not one spot of bird stuff! It has only been a couple days but I am holding a good thought.

Good to see you on the net Jay. Things may seem to go slow but they can speed up at any time.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:30 AM   #2692

Good Morning!

I have been up all night, well, I actually went to bed at 11pm, and w--k got me up at 12:30am as we had problems. Ugh!

Still working the problem, think we are close to resolution and maybe some sleep?

Gordon, I hate snakes, even rubber ones. I would not be caught dead on your roof! They work for me.

Lynne, I have a friend who cuts his own, bought the Flowbee many years ago. I knew him for a long time before he shared. I never would have guessed. I have spent many thousands on haircuts.

L.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:26 AM   #2693

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Settling in nicely, got most of the stuff set up yesterday. Still have to put up Rita's suncatchers, she is making some new ones, so I will just waait on her. It was nice to sit out on the deck and enjoy the warmth. even sat at the picnic table to eat dinner last night. Mosquitoes got horrible about 7:30, so we had to relinquish the patio to them and come inside.
Lloyd,
Sorry that w--k became a pain last night, hope that you get it resolved and back to bed soon. Rita has been cutting my hair, and I agree with Lynne's dad, why should us bald guys have to pay full price when we have less than half the hair to cut.
Jay,
Glad to hear from you. Just hang in there, the house will go when the time is right.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #2694

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a Pretty Picture

Good Morning All,

Hope you had a great cup of coffee this am, I did. This is a picture of Curwood Castle in Owosso where I live. James Oliver Curwood was an author and he had this built over seas and taken apart and moved here and rebuilt. It's unusual and a great place to visit. Built on the curve of the river it often is used for weddings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curwood Castle.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	110052  
Old 10-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #2695

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just lost my writens for today. I quite with this dam laptop we got the dealy thing so I can use my desk top.
Catch you later.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #2696
bap

goodmorning gang,,
another nice sunny 70+ day today no chance of rain untill sunday..
DEBBIE and i have been working pretty much nonstop on a couple of our rental units,,i have checked in on you guys to read a little and make sure everyone is well,,
MK,, you are always in our prayers,, keep up that great attitude everything will be ok,,like rail said---you got this !!!

LYNNE,,the electric campfire would be great ifff i could afford to get one for everyone in the cg,,,lol..

happy to know the rubber snakes are working,,--alot eaiser than keeping real ones up there...lol
also good to know you snow birds are getting setteled in at your winter homes..
Lloyd,,,hang in there my friend you will catch your zzzz,s soon i hope..

everyone have a great day..
catch youns latter !!!!!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #2697

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning. Drinking Nescafe dark roast. It's not exactly world class coffee but pretty good for instant until I can get a french press and the kitchenware to use it again.

My old Rockwood is starting to feel like a home instead of just a place for an air conditioner and a bed like it was when I moved in in June.

The horses are all having their breakfast and everything is more or less peaceful for now.

Name:	20151021_090807.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	417.1 KB
ID:	110058

Name:	20151021_091322.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	110059
wschaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #2698

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Tim - sorry the spot has been taken. Young couple will be there for 6 months on a work assignment.

Lloyd - I hear you about the terrible hours. Hope the resolution comes quickly and you are able to get to bed. It will take a day or two to get the rhythms back.

BAP - electric fires are OK. Everyone can bring their own. Would a propane fire pit be OK?

Frank - no mosquitoes here. Still some spots but none are bricked out.

We had a storm go through last night. Wind and a bit of rain. Some water sitting on the pavement. Bricks are dry already. Have to do the windows though so I know what I am doing for the mornings exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day and Lloyd gets to go to bed.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #2699

Forest River Owners Club
Good afternoon, all. We are back at the ACE campground at Mark Twain Lake, so no wifi. Came in to Hannibal to eat, and the restaurant has wifi. :-) Lu Ann found out late this afternoon she has to w--k tonight. The darned Asian beetles are invading and winning. Count your blessings if you live in an area that has no soybeans, as they enjoy that crop. Burning ban came into effect Tuesday, so no more campfires here. I will camp host near Leasburg, MO next month, and I sure hope the burning ban is not in place there. I am planning to host from the campfire! We are back to warmer weather here, with no rain.
MK, sorry to hear of your misery. We all hope and pray the short term pain is worth the long term gain. Good luck on the MH search. On the renting situation, if one were to believe the so called reality shows, it is not a hassle. It is hard for me to believe that renters can be so nasty. Thanks all for the helpful proposed solutions on our frozen sink pipes, but why couldn't that be addressed at the factory? Grr.

Mikeb

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #2700

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I meant an electric campfire at your CG so she could still enjoy a campfire and you could enjoy sitting with her.

Just thought she may enjoy that and you too. Lynne
Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #2701

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Bap,

I meant an electric campfire at your CG so she could still enjoy a campfire and you could enjoy sitting with her.

Just thought she may enjoy that and you too. Lynne
C'mon down here. No campfires allowed at the campsite unless it is electric or propane or contained in a burner. Not aware of anyone with a wood fireplace. We have overhanging ficus trees so we all take care.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #2702

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
C'mon down here. No campfires allowed at the campsite unless it is electric or propane or contained in a burner. Not aware of anyone with a wood fireplace. We have overhanging ficus trees so we all take care.
Frank,,
and no Mosquito's!! Altho I did get bit at the CG just on the north side of Phoenix! We were over visiting with the neighbor's at dusk under a tree, and they found me! Our whole trip was nice, with none anywhere, and the last day, got bit?? Took those ankle bite's back to Thailand!!
Never saw any mosquito's at the house in Algodones in the 4 years I lived there!
Gordon, we may have had the same barber? If you cross the border, to the purple store, turn right, to the next corner, turn right, 1/2 blk, on the left, just past the alley! Senior haircut, 2.00dls, if I remember right? I always gave them a 5 and they were very happy! That was 5 years ago, so prices surly have gone up since then!! Also, the restaurant right across the border, where the line is to get back to the US, try the chicken soup! It is very good!! Also, if you get it right before you leave, and are on the MC, so no wait at the line, get some of the MX. ice cream, a gal. of just the vanilla, you will thank me!! Made with real ingredients, so good!!
Oh, by the way, the coffee was great today!!
Everyone take care! Rail!