Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #2731

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to be busy for a few hours. Somehow the awning wrapped up the wire for the awning lights when it rolled up and broke it.

Unfortunately it looks like there will be some dismantling of the awning support (where the other end of the wire is) so I can repair the break. Need some smaller connectors as the ones I have with me are much too large.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #2732

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to have to take one side of the awning supports off to get to the wire. Couple hours is past. I need to use Terry's camera. With it he was able to change a transmission in 11 minutes. Mind you he had a couple helpers and donuts. I am going for donuts tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #2733

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, I would be happy to loan you my camera, but it only works, (accelerated time) if I'm operating it , not sure why that is? .
Old 10-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #2734

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Saw a post from Curtis on another thread this morning, so he is still around.
Gordon,
We sure hope that you can make it to Jay's, that will be AWESOME. Hope that you can get your lights fixed without too much problem. Donuts always make things go better.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #2735

Still here Ya'll!
We got 5 inches of rain Friday. Lucky for us, many years ago, when I was shopping for a house in the Country being on high ground was a priority. Other than being isolated because all the low ground is under water we're OK!

I'm thinking of building a large pontoon barge to load my Motorhome on and set it right here in the yard. Water ever gets this high you can call me Noah!
Loved the movie "Waterworld".

Been busy with catching up on projects and getting the Motorhome and house remodels arranged. With Winter coming we are busy sealing up the house for the cold that coming.

Also got involved at our Church with a Homeless Ministry. We delivered 50 bags of warm clothing, socks, pullovers and sleeping bags yesterday to a homeless camp.

I have a large cargo trailer, and volunteered it to carry all the gear, tables and chairs they would need to make it happen. They had been using individual cars and I'm told it was a logistics nightmare before yesterday.

Having all the gear in one large container and being able to organize the distribution in an orderly fashion was a big advantage. There were two SUV's stuffed full of shoes that they gave away too. In addition to the clothing stuff we also carried 5 large tables and chairs and fed everyone pizza, donuts and fruit. Never seen so much pizza in one spot. I stood there in awe as this was my first trip to the camp. Quite and Education.

Funny side note. After it was all over I had to stop at Whataburger to get some lunch. I forgot to eat with everyone at the camp. So much going on it was amazing to watch and be a part of. I know some great people who set this up. Makes me proud of them.

Ya'll take care. Going to get some breakfast.

Should anyone want to contact me on the side, my E MAil is CurtisDrew@AOL.com since I'm not posting here everyday.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 AM   #2736

Morning all!

50 here this morning, and raining. Nothing like Curtis had, but about a 1/2" expected.

I may have a plan for the coach,,, found a company in Charlotte who would be happy to do the computer work, but not interested in the mechanical work. (the computer guy just does that all day, if they do the mechanical they need to send 2 guys) So my mechanic can assemble, and they can set it up. Hopefully Friday. The really good part is I get 2 bills !!!!! Fingers are crossed, just want to get back on the road and get this behind us.

I am at w--k today. They are remodeling, I have been moved to a different room, I cannot find a thing! LOL

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #2737

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning. 50s and raining here in southwest Missouri. Watching Ivory take a shower while he eats breakfast outside my window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151027_091253.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	110469
wschaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #2738

Freightliner Owners Club
Good evening gang,
Rain here most of the day, but seldom more than a drizzle or heavy sprinkle, nothing like what some of the rest of the country have had. Went to breakfast with my father, it was nice to spend a little time with him.
Lloyd,
I hope that everything works out on the MH and you get the MH back up and running properly.
Have a great evening everyone,
Frank
Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #2739

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Coffee is good but cold
Bad new's @ the surgeon this morning. Rotary Cuff has a complete tare and is not repairable. The last time I had it repaired he told me not too do it again. He reminded me about that. He gave me a shot in the rear of the shoulder. He says that arthritis has already started so it had to have been torn for awhile and the pulling to start the lawn vac tore it completely. He is sending me to 1 session of therapy just to refresh my memory of the exercises I will have too do. So plans for AZ are back on track.
He say's 5-6 years and I'll need a shoulder replacement.
I know they do knee's but didn't know they can do that to a shoulder.
O well we'll add it to the list of problems.
I'm glad its not as bad as others problems.
Been raining for awhile. but no snow yet...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:20 AM   #2740

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning. Looks like more rain today, but at least it is warm.
Tim,
Sorry about the bad news on the shoulder. A friend had a shoulder replacement a couple years ago and is doing well, so there is nothing to worry about. Glad that you are still on track for AZ.
Frank
Old 10-28-2015, 06:59 AM   #2741

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Raining here this am and 52 degrees. I don't mind rainy days, good for napping and getting inside stuff done.

Tim, My husband had his shoulder replaced, his right one. Being right handed, I suggested he try doing a few things with his left hand for a few months prior to surgery. He asked why. I asked him if he would be able to brush his teeth with his left hand and he tried it and said it was hard. I suggested he do it with the left hand for the time left before surgery and it would get easier. Then told him he might also consider whipping his bottom with his left and he just looked appalled at me until he tried it. Worse than brushing his teeth he said.

So, I suggest you consider which hand you use for these daily activities and if it is the same hand as the surgery side will be on that you use the opposite side for a while prior to surgery. Good luck.

Otherwise, hope all are well with each of you. Have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #2742
bap

goodmorning..

TIM,, JERRY is correct,,,-----it,s waaaaay worse than brushing your teeth...dont ask me how i know....lol..

another rainy day here in eastern ky but the temps not to bad---but nothing like below us for sure..

GORDAN,,,sounds like our luck runs the same path..,,,hope it all turned out ok..

CURTIS,,,-- you are a good guy my friend,....and great to hear from ya !!!

and to the rest of the crew,-----prayers sent and have a great day !!!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #2743

Well we are not getting any rain here, for a few days anyway.

Yesterday was EPIC! 72 and sunny. Low breeze blowing. Melissa and I took all the lower windows out of the House and added more seals to them to seal out the cold.
Made a big difference. Windy and cold this morning, so we can't do the upstairs windows today.

Ouch Tim. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. One of my Guys, who worked for me when I was working, has had both of his done since he retired and he's doing a lot better. Only he's a complainer, so it took hom a long time to get back to normal. That, and he kept doing things he was told not to.

My left shoulder pops out of joint if I'm not careful, but so far nothing that is bothering me as long as I don't push it, or do something STUPID. I have electric start everything!!!! No more rope starts!

But, I was born a lefty, and grew up in Military schools where they demanded I learn to be right handed. So I'm very ambidextrious. Brushing teeth, hair, and commode work is easy with either hand. I shoot with either hand too!
I'm odd!

Thanks bap!

Headed over to the Grandsons this morning to help him learn how to play catch and his throwing. He's five and a little slow in outdoor sports. Runs like a Duck!

But can type on his computer like a teenager!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #2744

Forest River Owners Club
Good afternoon, all. Went for awhile without wifi internet. Back at the S&B today, so we are all connected again. It rained here all day yesterday and most of the night. It was a welcomed rain. Kind of chilly this morning at 50 degrees, so the coffee tasted pretty good. Glad to see the positive attitudes from the folks with medical issues. Getting ready to move the fiver to the host site on Sunday so I can volunteer host next month.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum