Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #2745

Hi all!

Tim, sorry about the shoulder. I agree, practice with that other hand. I have some experience with that,,,, it can be messy. Wash that hand between the teeth brushing and the bottom wipe! And I suggest you stay off the chilli!

I am a proficient left handed JD drinker!

I need some Good Luck'in! A few fingers crossed! Maybe a prayer or 2! Heck, I'll even take a Get'er Done! Even a well wish will work!

I have two appointments, 2 mechanics, different companies. One to wrench the coach back together, one to do the tech computer stuff. Both are supposed to be here Friday morning. By end of day Friday, maybe have the coach running again? This has been painful! I'll need to w--k to pay for this mess.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #2746

Winnebago Owners Club
After trunching around and taking stuff apart and putting it back together a call to the factory gave me the answer I was looking for. I was able to find the other end of the wire and now have the awning light working.

What a pain in the a&$ it was. I had about 1" of wire to work with. The wire is like 3 strands heavy. I could strip it with a thumb nail. Managed to get it together but tomorrow I am off to find something just a bit heavier. I used crimp on connectors and am not satisfied they will last very long. Would have used solder with heat shrink but did not have enough room.

Hope everyone has a much success as I did with whatever they are doing. Take care and look after yourselves.

Tomorrow is an off day so think I might travel.

Reading the right handers advice for left hand driving is a vision that will be hard to forget. But it does have its moments.

Thinking about the advice in how to use RV paper. Take a square of paper and fold it in half and then in half so you have a square. On the solid corner rip the corner off. Then unfold the paper and wipe away. When you are done take the piece your ripped off and wipe your finger.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:22 AM   #2747

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Tim, sorry about the shoulder! Good advise about the practice with the other hand!
About the driving thing, imagine driving your whole life, with a left hand drive car, truck, semi, shifting with the right hand, and all the things that come natural to you, then come to a right hand drive country! Took me about a month, watching the DW do it, thinking ohhhhh, crap!! So the driving part was ok, but the turn signal is on the right side of the wheel, and the wipers are on the left side of the wheel? And the shifting is done with your left hand, but the pattern is the same! All of the pedal's are the same, good thing! So driving on the left side of the road, is ok till you come to the corners, then you have to make your self think when you turn every time! And I still signal my turn's with my wipers, as do all the other foreigner's!! I am getting better, but still make the wiper/turn signal mistake from time to time! DW just giggles!
I am like Curtis, can do most things with either hand.
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #2748

Morning all!

48 here today, supposed to get to the mid 60's. Sunny today and tomorrow, hearing it will rain on Sunday.

Well, both my diesel techs should be here this morning. Really hope by end of day we are back and operational.

Rail, I have only 1 experience driving on the "wrong" side of the road. A trip to Bermuda and a rented moped. Did okay, till the first roundabout. That got confusing and scary. End of the week I got better, but still had to concentrate to not go back into old habits.

Did a few trips to London years ago for work. No driving involved. But nearly got myself killed a few times stepping off sidewalks crossing the street and looking the wrong direction for on coming traffic!!!

Have a great day all.

L.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:37 AM   #2749

Forgot to mention above,,,,, Debbie and I registered last night for the Perry, Georgia FMCA rally in March, We have never been to one, thought it might be fun so are going to give it a try. It is supposed to draw a large number of attendee's as it gets a lot of snowbirds heading home.

Thought I would mention in case any of you are signing up.

L.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #2750

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
A lot of good seminars from what people have told me, quite a few go almost every year, so it must be well worth while. It was cool here this morning, only 60*, has been upper 60's and low 70's at night. Hope that everything goes well with getting the MH back together and up and running.

have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #2751

Well good morning folks.
Man, I should have made a fresh pot this morning!

Guess What?

It's raining here in Texas AGAIN!

No big deal, should only get about 4 to 5 inches today.

You want to mess yourself up? Go drive a right hand drive car in a left hand drive world. I had a RHD Datsun like that in High School that was right hand drive.
I picked driving it up real quick and the funny part was it was so natural for me to shift with my left hand. I still carry my car keys in my left pocket because of it.

Have you ever seen the YouTube of the Old Couple driving the car down the road and the passenger is holding a second steering wheel and feigns a right turn into a car they are passing? The guy thinks she's driving about to crash into him. So he drives into a ditch. Yea, we played that game with the Datsun a lot.

Having broken many bones and being a "Crutches" Professional. I will still work my left foot for both the gas and brake pedals from time to time because it more natural to use the left foot for me. I always gas and brake with both feet even when driving an automatic transmission. (But of course this has nothing to so with RHD vehicles. I'm just wired weird!)

Wow, this rain is really coming down. Thinking of calling my neighbor and see if he wants to go wake boarding in the ditch in front of the house. It's Full! I'll pull out the 4 wheeler and tow him along side the ditch with it like a ski boat. Yea, we've done this before!

Ya'll have a good day. This rain keeps up I'll be driving the 4WD Truck the rest of the week.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #2752

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Thanks for the info.
Not too sure about the spanking with the left hand.
I am right handed and will need lots of practice with the left hand. I'll have to start researching shoulder replacement. I don't get the 5-6 years before he will do the replacement, and its a complete tare. I'll have too call his office too see if I can get a answer, not sure why I didn't ask him at the appointment.
Haven't been out yet so don't know how it is but no sun and we had snow showers yesterday but melted on contact.
We are going to get the MH interior cleaned up after the small remodel job so we can go get propane. Tanks empty: blush: Boy that old heater sure pumps out the heat.

Take care and those on the road be Safe.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #2753

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd - good luck with the repairs. Hopefully this combination of mechanical talent will be the gem. Nice to have things up and running properly.

Tim - I would pursue the time line for sure. 5 - 6 years seems like a long time. Your shoulder will be so attrified that it could take an awful long time for the muscles to be useful after surgery.

Curtis - take videos please. Sounds like a good time wake boarding.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #2754

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Been cold and wet here for the last several days. At least it's not snow. Not as wet as where Curtis is, but wet enough. Thank goodness for HOT fresh coffee.

They did an injection in my back last week. Revved up and little to do since the S&B is done, my vehicle projects are on hold since the house is up for sale. DW would skin me if I started working on one of the Italians. I keep threatening to head to OK and start building the shop just to have a project to work on. Don't think I could ever just retire and goof off all day. Boring!

Spend most of my time these days fundraising for Liberty Farms and working on grants. Also working on a TV show for the project (yeah I know, just what the world needs, another reality show). Just not the same enjoyment as building things. Besides I hate asking people for money. Especially in this economy. However I dont have enough resources to fund the whole thing myself and I dont want to take out a loan to get the project going. Loan payments mean less goes to disabled vets.

But I am bound and determined to get the project rolling. We have invested 30K ourselves so far + the use of 5 acres of our land. We need to raise another 45K by the end of November so we can get the site work done before winter.

If by chance you would like to know more about the project here is a radio interview I did earlier this month.

OK, enough complaining. SHeesh!

Hope all of you are well.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:54 AM   #2755

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Curtis and Jay,
Glad that you guys are back with us. we missed hearing from you. Hope that you both get done with all the rain and finally get a chance to dry out.

People are starting to come back to the park now, so we will be back with all the winter activities in the next couple weeks. A bunch are supposed to come in on the 1st of so our work load will start slowing down into a routine. We have been working extra to get the sites ready.

Have a great day all, and be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #2756

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee sure is good this am and with the temps dropping here in MI even more so. I can actually do without it in the summer. Then I prefer chocolate milk.

Jay, Have you thought about a FaceBook page for Liberty Farms and a fund raiser there? There is also a "Veterans Run Business" page that I see on FB often. I get notices from "Right to bear Arms" and the two seem to follow each other closely. It might be a good way to get the news out there and raise some money.

Curtis, Sorry about all the rain but which is worse, the rain or a drought? Neither is perfect for sure.

Tim, If you keep practicing with your non surgical arm you should be really good by the time surgery comes around.

Lloyd, Sure hope it all turns out well with the mechanics.

Have a great day all....... Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:53 AM   #2757

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!! All.

Cold and windy along with more rain today. Will stay cold and get colder all week. The rain will be with us with little break for the next 10 days as well. At least it's not snowing.

Rain came down real hard for about an hour yesterday afternoon. Debris got into the drains and the garage almost flooded. Good thing I went outside and looked. Of course no where near what they are getting in Texas.

Cool at the farm in OK but not wet. Will get up into the 70's there this week. Wish I was there. At least my feet wouldnt get icy while smoking my mornin cigar with my coffee.

Besides, I'd rather be driving the bulldozer and leveling the site than looking over at the car projects in my garage and wishing I could be working on one. DW says if I so much as remove a fender I'm dead meat. Just not right to be so idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning Gang,
Curtis and Jay,
Glad that you guys are back with us. we missed hearing from you. Hope that you both get done with all the rain and finally get a chance to dry out.

Frank
Thanks brother. Good to have some time to check in now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post

Jay, Have you thought about a FaceBook page for Liberty Farms and a fund raiser there? There is also a "Veterans Run Business" page that I see on FB often. I get notices from "Right to bear Arms" and the two seem to follow each other closely. It might be a good way to get the news out there and raise some money.

Lynne
Hi Lynnne,

We do indeed have one and others, all linked on our website too.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LibertyFarms

Also Twitter : @LibertyFarmCo

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/liberty-farms

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Libertyfarmco

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Libertyfarmco/videos

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/LibertyFarms2
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:03 PM   #2758

Taa Daa!

The coach is back together and running. Had a few set backs that took longer than expected, but it is done. Runs good, I think it may have been sick when I got it. Throttle is much more responsive now, from Idle on up.

Took me a good chunk of today to clean up the mess that was made, put the bedroom back together, and clean the floors. 1,000 trips in and out of the coach tracked a lot of dirt in.

Glad this is behind us. Think it is together real well, hope to not have more problems. We have a short trip planned in 2 weeks with some friends. Can't wait to get on the road.

L.