Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #2815

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Nice Saturday morning here. Very slow start. Laid in bed a bit longer than normal. Then up for waffles and bacon. HMMM waffles and bacon. Worth getting up for.

Warm but windy here this morning.

One of our resident neighbours (92) passed away last spring. Her family came down to clean our her trailer and bring some of her ashes to place in the river. Had a nice pot luck appetizer dinner followed by her son spreading part of her ashes in the river very near to her winter home. Really nice lady who kept us all advised of the best movies to see (and the ones to avoid) and organized for our Friday lunches.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #2816

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah Curtis, back in early 1991 when we bought the Dakota it was kinda rich for us then @ 18000 and change, only netted $1491 on the van we traded in. But on the brighter side , today we drove to NJ to pick up a brandy new NOS rear chrome step bumper complete with the top pads , license lights and the little rubber bumpers for the license plate! Found it on ebay for $150.00. I ran right over there as the last NOS ones I saw they wanted $785 plus shipping!!!!!!!!!! I will get this thing done before we go to Florida! Also bought a gallon of PPG Deltron Black to put on there. I need the room to get my other projects in the garage , the old Coke Cooler that is going to be my parts washer , the wringer washing machine that still works to clean my shop rags and towels and my oversized glassbead cabinet. Then i'll have to find the time when I get back from Florida to start on my other Dakota and the trailer. So little time , so many things to do! LOL! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #2817

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!! Coffee was very good today!
Curtis, I can relate to the traffic of the Nascar weekend's, as I used to go to 4 races or so a year in the MH! It is terrible! Along with all the money that they wanted for the "no improvements" CG's near the track's out in someone's hay fields?? I saw a very nice HR Imperial "94" with custom paint job on Dallas Craigslist yesterday! He is proud of it though! Must be the Nascar weekend price?
Gordon, sorry to hear about the lady, but sounds like she liked staying there very much! So a very nice tribute to her!
Bobby, great buy on the bumper!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:46 AM   #2818

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
A very early Gooodmorning to everyone, woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. Started workkamping yesterday an hour early because of the heat and humidity, supposed to be more normal temps today, highs in the lower to mid 80's instead of the record 90's the last few days.
Curtis,
Glad that the tornado's missed you, it is never fun watching and wondering where they are going to touch down. I understand about the Nascar, a few years ago when brian France took over the reins, he wanted the yuppie money and took it from a southern sport to the big $$$$ sport and he forgot about those of us that made the sport great.
Rail,
Hope that one of those that you emailed about their MH will get back to you and you will find the ONE soon.
Gordon,
Sorry to hear about your neighbor, like Rail said, very nice tribute.
Bobby,
Nice find on the bumper, hope it turns out to be what you want. Hope that things are getting a little less chaotic for you 2. You guys need to learn to relax and enjoy, I know that it is hard to change gears, but as Gordon and Rail will attest, it is well worth it.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #2819

Good Morning!

54 and raining. Yesterday's forecast for today said it wasn't going to rain, I guess they got it wrong. I've been up 30 mins, and it has been steadily raining the entire time. Something changed.

Nephew is here visiting from N.Y.. He w--ks for the RR. On his way to Atlanta for 4 weeks of training. Moving from conductor to engineer. He's going to run very big freight trains.

Frank, this weather is splitting us. Major difference in temps between here and there. As the crow flies we are not really that far apart, yet 40 plus degree differences in temps. Of course it sounds like you are staying pretty dry,,, and we are soaked.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:50 AM   #2820

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning Everyone, bit cool this morning here 49 it says on my phone. I'm trying to wind down Frank, Sally and I are looking forward very much to get out and have some fun! The bumper was just as described(mint NOS). She got a little perturbed when I had her stop in Staten Island on the way to Jersey to pickup a new 5HP 3phase motor for my buddies Air Compressor, the thing was huge and heavy not like those puny 5Horse compressors they sell in Lowes or Home Cheapo! Got it for $100.00 , she complained about me using her 2013 Escape like a truck! We had a nice Filet Mignon lunch and made a nice roadtrip out of it. Going to see about getting the passenger windshield replaced on the MH the crack is down in the lower half but I want to get it changed and do any rust repairs on the frame before we head out. Good that you get going early on those high humidity days Frank, makes it easier! Hope everyone Is well! Going to go see my Sister and my mother upstate for Thanksgiving, I feel terrible that she had to make the decision to put Mom in a nursing home , but after falling down the deck stairs and again outside, it was the right decision. My brother-in-law said she was just wandering off and they live in the woods, with a big pond on the property. They say she is ok, just hope she can get along with some of the others there. My BIL said when he was visiting her which he does everyday, one woman was screaming about nothing and my mother told her to be quiet! She always was opinionated, LOL! Have a Great Day! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #2821

I think Popeye would get a kick out of this.....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/pirat...ml#post2816460

L.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #2822

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is good,
Sun is up and brite.
Hey Gordon, planning on getting down there early than Jan 5th. Does your wash & Buffer guy do older MH's? I was thinking about stopping down there and getting her done before heading up too Quartzite.
I bought some black streak remover from CW yesterday and want to try it. Might try it before the Vike's game this afternoon. Their lot was full of MH's waiting for service.

guardrail53
Have seen some nice rigs for sale up here, been thinking about you if they are your cup of tea. Not sure what your looking for.

I decided to stop redoing the ceiling till next spring and remove all the paper and paint it. It's just getting too cool to continue otherwise may do it this winter while in AZ.
I need to finish getting the dresser drawers out of the S&B and put in the MH.
The gas tank's are full. I'll get the rear tires replaced before we go and a few small items to fix, otherwise I'm itching to get out of here. ;}
GO VIKES,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #2823

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Tim - to answer your question they will wash and wax anything you will pay them for. Good bunch of fellows. I have not seen any work they have done on oxidation but have not heard any bad stories. I will talk to our auto body guy who first recommended them and see what he has heard about their abilities. If I dont get back to you remind me as I encounter KRABT(blinking) more often than I would like.

Rail - understand how folks think highly of their units. Sometimes a lot invested in both money and personal ties. Probably does not really want to sell. Could mention to him that you would be treating it as good or better than he does.

Going to be nice here today. Almost over my cough. Has lasted 7 days so far. Most say it will take 10 days to get by it.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #2824

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks , there isn't much just the front and rear caps has some oxidation. I'm going out now to try that stuff I bought for the black streaks. After washing the roof I'm getting white streaks.
Sorry to hear your sick. I'm getting the shots @ the Doc's Monday night.
What's the temps been like? Hope it stays warm... Can't wait to get there.
Tim
Old 11-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #2825

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

29 this am when I went to w--k and left the car out last night so had to scrape the windows. It will be in the garage from now on. Sunny day and about 39 so not too bad all things considered. Jerry out changing his oil right now.

Hope all are doing well. Everyone seems busy with plans and looking for things. Keep yourselves safe and have a great time. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #2826

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Thanks , there isn't much just the front and rear caps has some oxidation. I'm going out now to try that stuff I bought for the black streaks. After washing the roof I'm getting white streaks.
Sorry to hear your sick. I'm getting the shots @ the Doc's Monday night.
What's the temps been like? Hope it stays warm... Can't wait to get there.
Tim
Tim;
Ran into Robert on our bike ride this morning. Asked him about the oxidation. He said the fellows were equipped to do a good job and had the skill and products.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:50 AM   #2827

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Tim, I have been looking for a DP under 20,000 dls, so finding a good one in decent shape is some what of a job! The one guy did get back to me, with a "95" Europremier by Firan. It is a very nice MH, that has low mi. 45,000, and low hours on the gen. 208 hrs. It would do nicely, but it is in Spokane, Wa. so not a very convenient place for sure. Has it priced at 15,900, but came down to 15,000 on the phone! So it is the right price, but told me that the furniture has been chewed by a dog, and all I could think was my eyes swelling up and itching, and that did it for me! I do have one friend that lives in Seattle, but that is a 5 hour drive one way, and he is very busy! A plane ticket for him was only 225 dls, but it still would take him all day to go, so I just passed! It was hard to do, because it was spec'd just the way I wanted, 8.3 Cummins, 6 sp. Allison, 7.5 onan diesel gen. and air ride, and air leveling, air brakes! At that price, I could have the furniture replaced! So, still looking!
Everyone talking about the cold weather, is hard for me to imagine, as it is hot here every day! Still in the low 90's everyday! I got to thinking about the cold weather, and driving that MH back to my sons house across from Spokane to Illinois this time of year!
I went to a Motor Show today at the Mall, saw a Rolls-Royce Wraith,, Wow!!!! It was only 30,000,000 Baht! Darn import duty!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM   #2828

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Just on first mug of coffee.
Been up all night.
I wish I had a shop to keep the PA in on nights like this I could be out doing something on the old gal... A few more hours and the sun will be up. I hope no rain...
Rail, stopped by and looked at a Rexall a few weekends ago boy those are nice but would be afraid to get in a crash being all one piece fiberglass.
The black streak cleaner worked great. Might do some more today if its not to dang windy. If it is I'll clean up the inside.
Still no freezing weather in the forecast.
That's about it.
Tim