Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 04:37 AM   #2829

Morning all!

47 and r--ning cats and dogs! This is getting very old! We had showers on and off all day yesterday.

We have a short trip planed this weekend, taking another couple with us. We cleaned the inside of the coach yesterday, and turned everything on. We are headed to a campground on the N.C. Virg. border called Mayberry Campground,,,,, you can probably guess the theme.

We are meeting a long time friend there who fulltimes. Sunday afternoon he is following us home to our site here and is going to spend a few weeks, before he migrates the rest of the way to Florida.

He recently bought a drone. A real highend one. It has a built in video system. Hope to get a few high altitude pics of our place here with it. From his descriptions it is very cool to fly. (actually it fly's itself, you just enter the coodinates on where you want it to go)

Tim, get some sleep. I have the same struggle, my work gets me up all ours of the day/night, interupts my sleep pattern and it is harder and harder to get back to normal the older I get.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #2830

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is warm and damp, rained last night, supposed to have occasional showers today. Hope it holds out till I get done cutting some grass that needs done. Looking at the local weather map that was just on the morning news, I'm not going to get it done, a good size cell is heading our way from out in the Gulf. I feel bad for you guys that are in the cold, it was another record tying high yesterday.
Lloyd,
hope that the weather gets better for you so you can enjoy this weekend.
Gordon,
Get better soon, sorry that you were under the weather.
Tim,
I feel for you brother, I woke up at 4am Saturday and couldn't fall back to sleep.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #2831

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
Just on first mug of coffee.
Been up all night.
I wish I had a shop to keep the PA in on nights like this I could be out doing something on the old gal... A few more hours and the sun will be up. I hope no rain...
Rail, stopped by and looked at a Rexall a few weekends ago boy those are nice but would be afraid to get in a crash being all one piece fiberglass.
The black streak cleaner worked great. Might do some more today if its not to dang windy. If it is I'll clean up the inside.
Still no freezing weather in the forecast.
That's about it.
Tim
I forgot,
I ordered new curtains for the front end to replace the ones that got wrecked in the washer.
Theses are Dry clean only
Maybe they will come today. They are to long so I will need to find a seamstress but should look really nice. Then I will buy some blinds for the side windows.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:36 AM   #2832

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning Everybody! Had some ice in the birdbath this morning, but it is warming up. Calling for rain the next couple days. Called my sister yesterday and she is besides herself as she had to put our Mom in the nursing home and Medicaid is threatening to cut her off if she can't produce my fathers death certificate and the local authorities are less than helpful. Mom is 96 and my dad died in 1970, she has been on social security for many years and now they want documentation that I am sure she provided back then. It is ridiculous that they treat older people this way after paying into the system for all those years! I am going tomorrow to see if I can get the death certificate for her as they are saying mom will be cut off by Thanksgiving! Now I can understand why the Vikings just floated out to sea to pass, they didn't want to burden anyone else and didn't want to deal with bureaucrats! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #2833

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. 27 degrees, but no rain. The coffee is good. The furnace shot craps Friday night with a terrible smell and the gas alarm waking us up. We have been using the electric fireplace and a quartz heater. I also run a ceramic heater in the basement. Need to get the furnace fixed.

Interesting discussion on the Dakota. We have an opportunity to restore a vintage RV trailer. The asking price as is is $2,000. It is framed, but the tin is off. Not sure I want to perform that work, and would have to line up workshops space. We will check it out.

I hope everyone is ok, or on the mend.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #2834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I think Popeye would get a kick out of this.....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/pirat...ml#post2816460

L.

I know a guy in New York (I think) or maybe it's Virginia, who rebuilt one of those from the ground up and documented all of it. Bought it to haul on his Jeep Pickup. Got it done then found another just like his in almost new shape, but 500 lbs lighter, so he bought it. And is now selling the rebuilt heavy one. I like the side entry doors on them, but Melissa would never use it because of it's size. She claims claustrophobia. (I couldn't fit it in my short bed truck anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Morning Everyone, bit cool this morning here 49 it says on my phone. I'm trying to wind down Frank, Sally and I are looking forward very much to get out and have some fun! The bumper was just as described(mint NOS). She got a little perturbed when I had her stop in Staten Island on the way to Jersey to pickup a new 5HP 3phase motor for my buddies Air Compressor, the thing was huge and heavy not like those puny 5Horse compressors they sell in Lowes or Home Cheapo! Got it for $100.00 , she complained about me using her 2013 Escape like a truck! We had a nice Filet Mignon lunch and made a nice roadtrip out of it. Going to see about getting the passenger windshield replaced on the MH the crack is down in the lower half but I want to get it changed and do any rust repairs on the frame before we head out. Good that you get going early on those high humidity days Frank, makes it easier! Hope everyone Is well! Going to go see my Sister and my mother upstate for Thanksgiving, I feel terrible that she had to make the decision to put Mom in a nursing home , but after falling down the deck stairs and again outside, it was the right decision. My brother-in-law said she was just wandering off and they live in the woods, with a big pond on the property. They say she is ok, just hope she can get along with some of the others there. My BIL said when he was visiting her which he does everyday, one woman was screaming about nothing and my mother told her to be quiet! She always was opinionated, LOL! Have a Great Day! Bobby
Funny Bobby but that's just Guys doing Bidness! Turn one trip into 4 stops. Wheeling and dealing, it's the replacement for "Hunter Gatherer" instinct. HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Good Morning Everybody! Had some ice in the birdbath this morning, but it is warming up. Calling for rain the next couple days. Called my sister yesterday and she is besides herself as she had to put our Mom in the nursing home and Medicaid is threatening to cut her off if she can't produce my fathers death certificate and the local authorities are less than helpful. Mom is 96 and my dad died in 1970, she has been on social security for many years and now they want documentation that I am sure she provided back then. It is ridiculous that they treat older people this way after paying into the system for all those years! I am going tomorrow to see if I can get the death certificate for her as they are saying mom will be cut off by Thanksgiving! Now I can understand why the Vikings just floated out to sea to pass, they didn't want to burden anyone else and didn't want to deal with bureaucrats! Bobby
We went through that same crap, only when my parents passed away I insisted on 6 copies of all "Official" Paperwork. Brothers thought I was crazy, but I'm the one they call from time to time for an Official Death Cert.
I even ordered 6 Legal Birth Certs. on all my immediate Family. Something like $8 a copy. Has sure come in handy!

Growing up in the Military taught me one thing. They like Paperwork as long as they don't have to store it. And they all want an Official Notorized Copy for their records which they toss out in a few months.

Lucky for us Melissa's Dad picked Melissa's Sister to be Execetor for her Mom, who is currently in a Memory Care Home in Chicago. So, all those headaches belong to someone else. I'm praying for her sister to have a long life. We don't want the job.

Well the Race is Over! I was almost ready to go Postal by the time I got to Church Yesterday. My 35 minute drive to the Church Building, which Melissa gives me 20 minutes to do, took me 1 hour and 15 minutes and an extra 25 miles. Normally 24 miles one way. And yes, that's one way. The return trip was even longer! Cops everywhere! Almost every mile on my route home had a speed trap trying to catch Drunk Race Fans.

Us locals have learned to stay OFF the Roads after a Race because of the Drunk Race Fans trying to be all "Jeff Gordon" on their way home.

That's why I prefer to take my Motorcoach to the Races! (When we do go.) We just hang out after the race in it and lock the doors and sleep in. We'll Drive out the following afternoon. You'd be surprised at how many Drunks will try and leave early the following morning in their big rigs. More MH accidents from the all night after race partiers the next day than the after race traffic.

Sigh!

Well my fresh pot of coffee should be ready by now so I'm going to go!

yA'LL COME when you can.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #2835

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ha Curtis, it's a good thing we didn't take the Dakota to Jersey, it would have looked funny with the new bumper in the back with that heavy 3 phase motor and the 10' 14 gauge apron brake I have my eyes on! With the 6and1/2' bed on the Dakota I'd have had to rig up a dolly to drag it back over the bridge, LOL! Now if I could just convince her that I need it to keep the creases straight on my jeans I might be able to swing it for $3000 bucks, too bad she knows what it really is for !
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #2836

Morning all!

51 this morning. There is something very odd occuring? Instead of our normal all gray/white sky,,, there are patches of blue? Should I be concerned?

Drove to w--k this morning, with no wipers yet the windsheild stayed clear? Very strange?

L.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #2837

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Had breakfast with my Dad, try to do this once a week when we are both down here. Had rain (at least drizzle) for most of the day yesterday and last night, sun is starting to show through now.
Bobby,
The bureaucrats seem to forget that we don't exist for them, but they work for us. And I remind them when they start that crap.
lloyd,
Glad that it stopped raining for you and that maybe you will have decent weather for a while.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #2838

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Coffee is hot and fresh, the air is cool and crisp and for now, I see the sun.

Bobby - Sorry about the issues you're having with the government. Sadly it's filled with idiots and lazy hacks. They have that documentation but it's easier to harass you to look for it than to search themselves.

Curtis - Knowing the can do mentality of Texans, ife will get back to normal soon. Just glad ya'll are safe and sound.

Have been slugging away at updating our business plan for Liberty Farms. Applying for multiple grants in hopes of securing some funding for the project.

Still no movement on the house. Considering yanking it off the market and adding a few more updates for WOW factor. At least I'll have a project NOT involving paperwork.

BTW, if anyone needs something checked out in WA just give me a shout.

Have a blessed day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #2839

Coffee is great this morning thought I would check in love reading everyone's post on here.

Second round of chemo in the books and it is different from the first. They alternate them. So it looks like third round will be the week of Thanksgiving which I asked for since I can't be around anyone under 18 or big groups of people it's better for me to get it done then...besides that's two days I don't have to take time off from work....lol

Hope everyone has a blessed day and does something for yourselves each day...just for you....treat yourself be it little or big just embrace and enjoy what you have....I sure know I do...

Mike
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #2840

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Colder then predicted at 28 degrees here this morning.that made the coffee taste good. Mike, keep fighting the cancer! Our prayers are with you.

Fiver is in the shop today for the furnace issue. 2500 HD is in for an alignment. I took the day off hosting duty. Going to Camping World tomorrow!

Mike B

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #2841

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon! MK, good to hear your doing ok keep up the good fight, prayers are still working. Glad all are doing good, where's Bap? haven't heard from him lately. Have a Great Day All.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #2842

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
MK, good to hear from you, glad all is good, and prayers are still coming!
Frank, that is great that you can do that with your dad! Enjoy your time with him, cause you never know how long they are going to be around! I lost mine when he was 60 years old, and wish I had the time back with him!
Curtis, glad things are back to normal!
Terry, great job on the Tot'r so far! Love the Hyper speed button!
Jay, I figured you were really busy, I found a MH in Spokane, but it was a long way from you, and I found out it had been dog chew'ed, so kind of turned me off! Found another one south of Portland, but they never got back to me?
Tim, I am still looking, and have found a few, but, most do not even get back with you? Not sure why? There are a lot of scam's and fake MH's on craigslist, and you see a lot of the same ad's all over the country? Very nice MH's for cheap money? Not sure their angle, or why?
Gordon, how are the snakes working so far? Any birds nests built on top of them?
Bap, How the heck are you??
Lynne, hope the cold weather stay's away, but it is Michigan!
Flaggy, hope the shop gets you fixed up quickly and cheaply!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!