Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2015, 04:49 AM   #2843

Morning!!!

41 here, and I can not find a cloud anywhere!

Rail, if you find anything around our area, I'd be happy to go check it out. I am near Charlotte N.C.. There is a dealer (sells used only) who's name I forget that is near Greenville S.C. who advertises used units on CL. They do both in the Charlotte and Greenville listings. They have some interesting older units. I suspect they buy the older trades from the dealers in our area, or at auctions? I'll try to get their name for you. It is like 70 miles from here.

MK, keep up the good work. Great to hear from you.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #2844

Sorry Rail, I thought I saw them on CL, it is actualy RV trader. Here is a ad from them...

1999 Winnebago CHIEFTAIN 36L DIESEL PUSHER, Greenville SC - - RVtrader.com

RV Max is the place. We stopped there during our search, seemed like a nice place. I see a couple units in your price range.

L.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:43 AM   #2845

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning. Quite a bit warmer here, but we are to get some storms later today. Coffee is good. No one is camping here today. Lu Ann is off today for Veterans Day. Thanks to all those who have served! We will travel to Springfield, MO to visit Camping World and Bass Pro Shop. After some considerable investigation by the shop, the furnace problem turned out to be a bad propane regulator on the the reserve bottle. It was spewing propane into the basement. We were lucky. I hope everyone is surviving the weather transitions ok.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-11-2015, 06:08 AM   #2846

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather even better(it finally cooled down to the mid 80's). I think that I found out why everyone has been losing posts, those pesky ads that keep blinking and running video in the background are taking up the bandwidth and if too many change at the same time, then there is no bandwidth for your post and poof gone into cyberspace never to be seen again.
Rail,
Thanks, I do enjoy the time with my dad, we would only see him for a couple weeks a year before I retired when they would come up north, now I'm less than 2 miles away and get to spend quality time with him.
MK,
Glad to hear from you and happy to hear things are going well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Flaggy,
Glad that they found the problem before it could do major damage to your rig.

Have a great day all, and to all the veterans out there, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. Without which our freedoms would not have happened.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #2847

Good Morning. I'm up early and on here for a change. Porcha the Cat wanted to go out early so I got up and stayed up, since I was up. Dawn is just breaking.

Odd, but I remember before I retired that the sun only came up after I got to the Office.

Mike I have you in my Prayers for your treatment. My Mom had it and put up a good fight for years and years. She lived to be 72.

Bobby, I'm hoping you get everything sold and things fall in place quicly. I'm ready to come up and help you put it all together in Oklahoma.

Well, IT"S BAAACK!
Forecast for rain today, but so far nothing. Maybe it will wait until after the Veterans Day Parades. At least it's cool. Thank God We aren't in Denver!

They are callling for more rain and flooding starting Sunday and lasting most of the week.
Loyd, batten down the hatches. What hits us, hits you. My Buddy in Atlanta uses me as his 36 hour weather vane.

But, gonna be some good motorcicle riding weather until them.
Cool nights, but great jacket riding days until Sunday.

Almost have Melissa into getting a 125cc scooter for camping transportation. She doesn't know it but I've already got a reciever hauler rail built to carry it with us when we get going next Spring. And still haul one of the Big Bikes too. Gonna look like Goofy on Vacation when we pull out.

Now I've got to get my 4X4 project ready. (2 door 86 Turbo Diesel Trooper
gets a new motor and transmission.) Gottem, just gotta stuff it in and wire it.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #2848

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooood Morning!!!!!!

Weather is all over the place today. Cold and cloudy at 5am, hailing by 10am and sunny 20 min after that.

Some folks came back for a second look at our place yesterday and were here for nearly an hour. I suspect we will see an offer shortly.

On the downside I have a lot of junk to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Jay, I figured you were really busy, I found a MH in Spokane, but it was a long way from you, and I found out it had been dog chew'ed, so kind of turned me off! Found another one south of Portland, but they never got back to me?
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Portland is about a 3 hr drive one way, Spokane about 5. While I never have a shortage of things to do, some of them I wouldn't mind taking a break from for a day. So my offer is still good for any of you. Just shoot me a PM with a number where I can reach you for details.

May you all have a blessed day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #2849

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - hope the house sells at your asking. Keeping positive thoughts.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #2850

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well it's a bit later than morning but i'm here! Mike not to say we had that too but today is a whole lot different then when my brother John got caught up with cancer, he was 14 when the took his leg, 21 when they messed his shoulder up , he lived to 35 and put my mom thru hell, along with our hallowed or should I say shallow government! They insisted he be examined every 6 months to see if his disability was permenent, (Like maybe his leg would grow back)? After a while he just told them to shove the $65.00 a week he got in SSI! My dad worked 40 years taking 3 busses and 2 trains to work in NJ never took off and died at 62 , he collected one Social Security check! I'm sure my mom got something over the years for us kids and such, but it's hard to imagine where we have been to where we are now as a country, when an inmate in a Massachusetts prison that murdered his wife , gets a Judge to authorize medical procedures to transform him into a woman???????????? I hope all the treatments you get can put it behind you! God Bless everyone that is hurting, I just feel blessed that I can still work and see the fruits of my labor! Frank no special favors but since you turned me on to the CG you work at , could you inquire for me if we will have a problem with our MH since the new owners took over, we will likely be looking for a month, maybe two begining in Feb/Mar. Just finished a job for another Glass shop, kinda leaning towards letting him buy us out and going rving, just working for him when we are home , might work out well although he is one of those 16/18 hour a day MultiMillionaires that is so afraid he'll lose a dollar, while his new younger wife stays home spending it, LOL! He has so much money he has no idea where it is bleeding, trying to teach him and he appears to be receptive to our ideas, but Sally doesn't want a full time job! And neither do I! Gallon of new PPG Black Paint came in today, hopefully it will jump out of the can and onto the Pickup. Keeping my fingers crossed! Enjoy the evening All! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #2851

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just lost my post,
so I will say Thank you service peoples, if it wasn't for you and the ones that didn't come home I wouldn't be doing what I am doing now.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:56 PM   #2852

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!! Coffee was very good today!
Lloyd, Thanks for the offer, and I have been to that dealer, and they were very nice people! That is a very nice looking Winny!
Jay, thank you too for that, but I have moved on from that one in Spokane, and the guy from Portland never got back to me? I send out emails to them, because if I call, they get this 14 #'s showing up on their caller id, and most think it is a scam, and hang up! Out of the many emails I send out, only a small % get back to me!
I have found another one in NY, fairly close to Terry, and he and Eleanor are going to go look at it for me! Like he has a lot of free time??hehehe!!! Maybe, it is the one?? We will see?
Flaggy, glad the furnace was not the problem, and it was a quick fix! Good the dealer was honest!! Let us know who he was so we can put his name in our book of good dealers!!
Tim, sorry for your Poof! Anymore, I always the take cursor, left click and hold, highlight the post in blue, click on the (page box) on the top info bar, click on the copy, on the drop down box, and as long as the post stays blue, click on the (submit reply), if it goes poof, do again, click reply, click the page drop down box again, click paste, and your post should be there again, for you to try over! Hope this works for you, I have made this a habit anymore!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:25 AM   #2853

Bobby so sorry to hear about your brother and the stupid beurocratic government.....that just grinds my gears....I know that there are alot of people out there that are worse off in their illnesses than I am and I pray for them.....I really have been lucky and just want everyone to enjoy and appreciate what they have...I know I do...

Looks like it is going to be a long day woke up an hour ago can't sleep and have to get up for work in an hour....but he ch at least I woke up and that is a blessing....

Ever have one of those "if we win the lottery" talks with your spouse what kind of dream rv would you build?...I think that is a fun way to pass the time while your on a trip....lol....guess I should have tried harder to get back to sleep...

Well hope all out there will be safe in their travels and discover what it is that truely makes them happy....

Mike
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:33 AM   #2854

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, got down to 61* this morning going to the low 50's tomorrow night, the back to the upper 70's to low 80's, so about a 10* cool down after the cold front passes thru. still a beautiful day.
Bobby,
I will check and let you know about a spot.
Rail,
I hope that the unit that Terry and Eleanor are going to check out for you turns out to be what you are looking for.
MK,
Your attitude is great and will go a long way in helping you kick this disease. We are all pulling for you and you and your family are in our prayers.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #2855

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning Gang! Hope everything is as well as it can be for everyone! Supposed to rain today, not yet though. Hope it holds out long enough for me to get my work van straightened out , have a job to do tomorrow. Debating whether to winterize the MH now or go buy a electric heater with a thermostat to leave in it? It is parked in my driveway protected from the wind on both sides and the rear, it's not cold now but not looking to do any plumbing! What are you guys opinions? I could just leave the MH heater on but not thrilled with that Idea as the house is like 2 feet away. Thanx Frank for checking for us! Well let me go clean out the van while it's still dry out. Have a Great Day! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #2856

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. The coffee is tasting pretty good. The weather system moved through yesterday with high winds, but not much rain. The winds were high enough in Springfield, a line of utility poles blew over on a main street. What a mess. We still have no campers here. I think that will change this evening, as gun season for white tail deer opens on Saturday.

On whether to winterize, I would rather perform that task when the weather is not freezing, rather than dealing with another level of frustrations, but that is just me.

I hope everyone is safe and on the mend.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum