Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #2857

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Coffee hot and fresh MMMMMMMM. Wish we were all in one spot to share it.

A little warmer this morning and drizzly. It is November after all.

Nothing from the couple on the S&B. Is what it is. It's coming into a busier season so we are not worried. Still may consider puling it and doing the upgrades. Honestly we really dont want to move during the holidays anyway.

Bobby as cold as it gets up your way I'd be winterizing. When I was in PA I kept two small electric heaters on a very low setting in our unit. Kept the moisture down inside. You just have to check on the on a regular basis. If they are in good condition they shouldnt be an issue. But I always winterized the plumbing. I also agree its better to do it before it gets cold.

Rail good luck with your search. Prices are falling this time of year.

MK My mothers father got colon cancer back in the early 70's and treatment was primitive. He had a colonoscopy and they put a bag on his side. They told him at the time he had 6-18 mo. He said if John Wayne can kick butt on cancer so could he. He lived another 12 years. We credit his attitude with his ability to win for so long.

Have a blessed day everyone
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #2858

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is strong but tasty.
Hate to start out by complaining but I am so stiff this morning. Found calcium deposits in 7 of my fingers last night. Arizona isn't getting here soon enough.
Its raining, cold and windier than all get out.
Might see the sun this afternoon.
Going to go out and start to install my new curtains in the PA after we have Oatmeal w/brown sugar/cinnamon
Still have to get the dresser out of the S&B and into the rear end of the MH.
I want to get mirrors like semi's have and install. Stopped by a truck stop to price them out but they didn't have any
They had some nice CB antenna's though plus a lot of different mounting kits for the mirrors .
Have a Great day and those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #2859

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby - I would winterize. Not sure how you are set up and I have never winterized our coach but the 5er was pretty easy.

I would turn on the hot water bypass and pull the anode rod. Found out through trial and explosion that it is better to open a tap to make sure there is no pressure before redirecting the bypass. Glad I was not standing directly (chest high) in front of the rod when it blew out the first time.

Then I hook the air compressor up to the water inlet and set it to 45 lbs. Open all of the taps and low point drains until no water comes out.

Then close everything and hook up pink to the inlet I installed by the water pump. Run pink in by opening each tap until pink appears.

Overkill - yes. I think if you are careful you could get away with just air. However, I froze a trailer years ago and had to replumb. It seems like every break was in the most difficult spot. Easier to go the extra.

Not looking forward to the coach. Managed to avoid it last year as we left the coach to return for Janet's hip and came down in June to pick it up. I dont think it is overly complex but lots of steps. Have to use the pink for the toilets and the Aqua Hot. Looks like I should purchase pink in bulk. 5er took less than a gallon.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:10 AM   #2860

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool

Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!!
I have had a couple of really good talk's with Terry on the phone!! Seems like we are brothers from a different mother! Well, I have found another MH in Florida! And it is in the same town as a good friend there? So what are the chances I will end up with 2 MH's? And how many are "two" many?
Jay, you are right, it is the time of the year to buy!! How is your hunt going?
Mike, speaking about hitting the lottery, will someone play it for me, I will split it with you??
And, where is Bap Remember him? The OP!!
And I am thinking that the 4th of july event at "Liberty Farms" will be epic! Middle of Oklahoma may never be the same!
Gordon, why are you think about winterizing your MH, you are in Yuma!! And you are plugged in? Just kidding, I would check your manual about the aqua hot? I would think it would have a drain and a shut off, or bypass, like the water heater? Just guessing? I think all of us did the "take the plug out of the charged water heater" once!! Good to have a spare plug!!
Bobby, to be safe, better winterize! You are not leaving till after the first of the year, so, it will be very cold by then!!
Tim, oatmeal is very good this time of year, I had mine with fresh banana's and raisins and brown sugar! mmmmmm!!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #2861

Good Morning!

46 here this am, headed to mid 60's, high 50's over the weekend. Supposed to be sunny and clear straight through.

We are heading out for the weekend tonight. Just a quick trip with another couple. Nothing planned, just camping. Maybe some eat'in and some campfires!

Where is BAP? Anybody have a phone number or something to check on him?

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:39 AM   #2862

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning All! Ok all you guys have convinced me not to be so lazy and not winterize! Afterall it does have the tap by the water pump and a bottle of pink there. Better safe than sorry, don't want to hear all that "you can do everything all the time for everyone else" crap from Sally. Besides i'm getting to old to stand on my head to get in some of those spots to replumb, LOL! I'll make up a air fitting today. Well Gotta go work on a storefront at a pharmacy today. Have a Great Day! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #2863

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
As usual, coffee is good this morning, weather is good.
Rail,
We are in Brooksville just north of Tampa, if you find anything over this way, I would be happy to check it out for you.
Bobby,
It is wise to winterize, the portable heater is fine for short term, but it doesn't heat the compartments and some of the places that the water lines are run.
Lloyd,
Have a great time this weekend, we hope that you and Debbie enjoy.

Everyone, have a wonderful day and for all those on the road, stay safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #2864

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. 30 degrees here and the coffee is good. Oatmeal with raisins and spice! Two camping units arrived yesterday, but are leaving today. I still think we will have some hunters arrive today. The hikers will stay away from the woods this weekend. Rain is forecast for Monday through Wedensday. We can use it. I treated my trusty (40 years) pocket knife to sharpening by a professional at Bass Pro Shop. Stay safe and get healthy.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #2865

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!!
I have had a couple of really good talk's with Terry on the phone!! Seems like we are brothers from a different mother! Well, I have found another MH in Florida! And it is in the same town as a good friend there? So what are the chances I will end up with 2 MH's? And how many are "two" many?
Jay, you are right, it is the time of the year to buy!! How is your hunt going?
Mike, speaking about hitting the lottery, will someone play it for me, I will split it with you??
And, where is Bap Remember him? The OP!!
And I am thinking that the 4th of july event at "Liberty Farms" will be epic! Middle of Oklahoma may never be the same!
Gordon, why are you think about winterizing your MH, you are in Yuma!! And you are plugged in? Just kidding, I would check your manual about the aqua hot? I would think it would have a drain and a shut off, or bypass, like the water heater? Just guessing? I think all of us did the "take the plug out of the charged water heater" once!! Good to have a spare plug!!
Bobby, to be safe, better winterize! You are not leaving till after the first of the year, so, it will be very cold by then!!
Tim, oatmeal is very good this time of year, I had mine with fresh banana's and raisins and brown sugar! mmmmmm!!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Hi Rail;
I have been reading the tome called "the manual" (User Manual, Supplement 1 and Supplement 2 are about 6" thick if stacked) for the coach. Some of the best manuals I have read for a while, but talk about mind numbing boring!

We head back to Canada the beginning of April. Still the chance of significant frost where I live. There will likely be a couple feet of snow when we get home. I probably will not winterize as the coach will go into the shed (cold storage) and be plugged in with the electric heat on. That will be enough to keep everything from freezing, but will monitor and turn on the diesel if necessary.

Aqua hot says you must put pink in the potable side. Also macerating toilets that insist on pink as well.

Hope the MH works out for you.

Looking forward to the July get together. We are saving days hence the return home in April. I hope all can get there.

Everyone have a great and blessed day.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #2866

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Another great day. I woke up and I can walk. What more does a person need to have a great day? Coffee is mmm mm good. We make ours by the cup either by Keurig or press so fresh to say the least.

Rail- Epic to say the least. Our 4th parties in WA are legendary and folks start calling about them in May. The hunt continues, perhaps we are just too picky. But with prices coming down we should have better luck. I know this will not be our last coach so we dont want to order one new. Maybe next time. Band for the buck the Ventana may be the choice when that time arrives, provided they are offering a TAG.

Bobby- Some folks jump over dollars to save nickles and dimes. Or as one fella said, they are penny wise and pound foolish. Hard to untrain that thinking.

As for the S&B, if we don't have an offer by turkey day it will come off the market, we will do the mods I mentioned earlier and put it back on the market come the new year. We will of course be moving sold or not and the house will be empty at that time. It will sell when the right buyer comes along and when the good Lord sees fit. The only thing it has an effect on is the new house we will build in OK and in the mean time we will have the coach, if we ever find one we can live with

Maybe we will win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight. 80% of the net winnings have been pledged to Liberty Farms if we do, as we do every time we buy a ticket. Can't think of a better use than helping our veterans.

Hope you all have a fantastic day
Old 11-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #2867

Oklahoma Boomers Club
BTW, Where is BAP?
Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #2868

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
Coffee is strong but tasty.
Hate to start out by complaining but I am so stiff this morning. Found calcium deposits in 7 of my fingers last night. Arizona isn't getting here soon enough.
Its raining, cold and windier than all get out.
Might see the sun this afternoon.
Going to go out and start to install my new curtains in the PA after we have Oatmeal w/brown sugar/cinnamon
Still have to get the dresser out of the S&B and into the rear end of the MH.
I want to get mirrors like semi's have and install. Stopped by a truck stop to price them out but they didn't have any
They had some nice CB antenna's though plus a lot of different mounting kits for the mirrors .
Have a Great day and those on the road be safe.
Tim
Tim go onto Ebay in the parts and accessories section under Commercial truck parts, they have lots of mirrors and stuff in there! Good Luck , Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #2869

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Yup it would be good to hear from BAP. Just a word or two to let us know all is well with him and Debbie. Probably having computer issues.

Have not heard from Lynne for a few days as well.

Looks like it will be a great day here. We are having a mellow day. Going to enjoy the weather, coffee and whatever we figure out for breakfast.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day as well.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #2870

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning from the Missouri Ozarks! Temps below freezing this morning. Four camping units registered in the park campground last night. I had to reset all of the wifi routers this morning. The deer hunters are shooting in the woods. Coffee is good. I hope BAP and Lynne are OK.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum