Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2015, 04:52 AM   #2885

Morning all!

36 here, looks like a clear day.

We had a great weekend. The coach ran great, the campground is beutiful. I highly recomend the place. Mayberrry Campground, Mt Airy, N.C..

The friends we took with us had a great time, really enjoyed the entire weekend.

Sorry Rail, I guess the search continues. It is hard to find good RV's in any price range. Between all of us we will find something.

My buddy folllowed us home from the camping weekend, he is setup in our site. Going to stay till the end of the month when he heads south to Florida for the winter. He has a drone. Really a ton of fun to fly. We played with it some over the weekend. He is going to do a few photo's and video's of our place for us. Will be cool to have. We had it up to 400' last night, it was a little to dark for photo's but it is an amazing view.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #2886

Pictures of Mayberry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151114_133428_resized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	112066   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151114_133453_resized.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	112067  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151114_133509_resized.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	112068  
Old 11-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #2887

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is very good this morning.
Bap,
We are glad that things are good your way and that you and Debbie are doing well.
Rail,
Sorry that the MH didn't work out, but as we told Lynne when she was looking, when the time is right the "ONE" will suddenly appear.
Lloyd,
Glad that you had a good weekend and that the MH worked great/ That looks like a nice campground.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #2888

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. 44 degrees with rain here this morning. The coffee is good.

Yesterday, we had a brush fire in the park. With it being gun deer season, not too many firefighters showed up. I fought fire with them, and then geared up with water packs to go back to deal with hot spots. It started a soaking rain in the night, so that should help.

I am volunteered to help paint the inside of the shower house today. A good rainy day project. Glad to see BAP back with us on the forum.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #2889

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is tasty
Well it happened last night couldn't sleep in the S&B so I said what the hell I went out to the MH and yep slept 6 hours.
Raining here too so inside the MH too work today..

Boy Rail what a mess, We never went into town before the pick up was ready, Like you said where do you find a place to park let alone turn it around. I only had a 45 foot trailer, and a Conventional Pete I can't phantom a 53 footer with a Conventional in front.

MikeB
Glad you got the fire put out, what a memory that's going too be
Got to go Have too re-schedule my MRI again.
Have a good day,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #2890

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Was frosty this morning before it got light out and it began to rain. More of the same is expected all week. The rivers are close to flood stage and there are flood warnings all over the place. We are on very high ground here so no worries personally.

One of our daughters called yesterday afternoon. She had a flat on her '07 Denali. She did get air in it but noticed a screw in the tire (I suspect she picked up at the dealer service dept the other day). However she did drive it to the corner station for air (about 2 blocks) w/7lbs pressure. She did not tell me about the bubble in the sidewall of the tire when she aired it up. SO I told her to come over (about 10 miles) and I would show her how to remove the spare (under the rig) and change the tire. Darn lucky the tore didnt blow.

SO I showed her how to change it etc. kept the flat here at our place and told her I'd go to the tire shop today and get it replaced. Warned her about driving with a bulge in the sidewall and what could happen if it blew at speed. She had no interest in car stuff when she was growing up. She was a girlie girl. Now that she is 30 and a mother of 2 she is more interested in it. At least from a maintenance aspect. I also told her I want her to get AAA roadside assistance because I dont want her on the side of the highway changing a tire. I'll probably do that for her today too. She's pretty busy these days and I know she will put it off.

BAP- Good to see you pop in and that everything is going well. Good luck with your next prize.

RAIL- Sounds like that unit was either a repo or theft recovery. YIKES! Fine if you can get a great deal and are willing/able to rebuild it. We have considered a few insurance auction units with accident damage. But since I dont have my shop anymore and no shop yet built in OK thats off the table now.

Lloyd- You're having too much fun. Cut it out.

Lynne- If you can, work to bump off those low years. It can make a huge difference. Also you two need to talk to an a master financial adviser that understands SS. There are techniques to maximize it and the SS folks don't tell you abut them. Look up a fellow named Gregory Ricks. His website has a ton of info. I'm a regular listener to his show on Saturdays on WRNO via the iHeart radio app. We rescued our retirement listening to him.

Have a wonderful day folks.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #2891

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Boy I wish I would have know your guy, my guy let me lose 15k in taxes
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #2892

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee very good today!
Lloyd, looks like you had a great time! Glad your MH is running like it should!
Jay, believe it or not the same people owned it for 18 years? But the man died, mom is in Florida, it was at her sons house, and he knew nothing about MH's! The right one will pop up, I'm sure!
Flaggy, be very carefull fighting brush fires, and watch the smoke inhalation! My dad was a volunteer fireman, and I saw first hand the damage smoke can do!
Great to see BAP is doing good!
Tim, I know, right?
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:56 AM   #2893

Morning all!

Very early start this morning, w--k got me up at 3am when we had failures. Still w--king the problem. Going to be a long day. Now I'm going to be crabby the rest of the week from lack of sleep.

L.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #2894

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning All! Sitting here wondering why I feel like nothing is going well, then see the news with all those damn tornadoes this morning! Praying that all get thru it ok! Also the innocent people in France just going out for a show , then getting killed! I feel for the Syrian refugees but I also worry about our people here. Guess things aren't so bad after all for us! Made the decision to get rid of the Glass Shop before we go to Florida, one less worry and expense. Will find a spot for the stock and equipment till we can sell it or whatever. Hope Curtis is ok? Have a Great Day ! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:56 AM   #2895
bap

goodmorning everyone...
cloudy but another warm day here in eastern ky,,but a change is coming for sure i can feel it in my old bones...lol

LYNNE,,,i will send ya the new phone number when i find out what it is....lol

gotta run for now everyone have a safe day....
Old 11-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #2896

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, folks! It is another rainy morning in the Ozarks, but the temperature is over 60 degrees. It looks like the Denver area is getting hammered by a blizzard.

I will help paint the laundry room today. I still like this retirement life!

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #2897

Good Morning. A little nippy here in North Texas and we got some serious rain here last night. Tornadoes missed all the people I care about.

Couldn't sleep through the worst of it. Bad Habit from all those years of fighting power outages due to storms.

Don't miss any of it. But just can't sleep through bad weather.

Should be sunny and warm the rest of the week.

Would love to be sitting in the RV next to the lake in Missouri instead.

Welp, time to get out to the shop and get to work.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #2898

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Lovin' me some good coffee.

Warmer but windy and wet today. I was in the side yard yesterday and there was a 5 gallon bucket open end up there. It was empty last week I know because I was using it as a weed bucket. Well it was near full and it rained all day and night. No wonder the rivers around here are about to go over the banks.

Curtis good to hear you're OK. Man the weather is crazy already this year.

Lots of running around today. Better get to it.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote