Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #2899

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning Everyone! Coffee went down quick today!
Curtis, glad to see you are ok, and the storms missed you! We were all wondering about you?
Bobby, that might be the best decision for you is to sell out. It will relive the worries anyway!
Jay, I was talking about the pic in the link you sent about the HR Navigator, guess I was the only one that saw the drivers seat pushed all the way up to the dash! Hehehehe! I have seen it rain that much in central Il. before! Fill a five gallon bucket level full!
Flaggy, before long you will have everything painted!
Lloyd, get some sleep when you can! Maybe sneak out to the MH, and leave the phone in the house?
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:15 AM   #2900

Morning all!

57 here, partly cloudy maybe a shower today. Same forecast for tomorrow except they are expecting 2 to 3" of rain Thursday night! Yikes! I will leave my 5 gallon bucket out!!!

I slept all night last night, no w--k emergencies. I've done this w--k for years, got used to it. Problem is I don't recover from it quickly like I used to. Will take me 2-3 days to feel normal. I guess I'm getting too old.

Rail, I may have missed this. Do you have a date/time you expect to return to the states? Or once you find a coach to move into you will return? Just curious as to the plan. I keep watching, something will turn up.

I think I mentioned a freind is here camping in our site. Staying for a few weeks on his way to Florida. He has a drone. A pretty nice one. Amazing device, it is smarter than both of us. It does the flying, you just tell it where to go. Seriously accurate GPS (connects to US and Russian satelites over 13 at a time, acurate within a foot) ground sonar, just amazing. 10 mph wind gusts, just sits and hovers in one spot like it is on a pole. Rock solid.

It has a 4k camera on a thimble attached underneath. Takes video or stills. He did a video, but we are still working on getting the format correct. 4k is very new, not many readers. Below is a still he took of our place.

He is retired, besides having fun with this toy, he may start doing aireal photos and videos for a fee.

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_0009a.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	112238  
Old 11-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #2901

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee very good this morning, weather even better, It is in the mid 70's already going to the upper 80's, although rain is a possibility later this afternoon and tomorrow.
Glad to hear from Bap, and Curtis and that everyone is ok from the storms that have been crossing the country.
Lloyd, beautiful shot of the homestead.
Mike B, Don't go painting too much today, remember that being retired means that you do a little bit today and then save some for tomorrow, lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:16 AM   #2902

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Windy out there this morning. 58 but blowing like a winter storm and this weekend it is supposed to be 30 and 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff. Guess its time.

Coffee is good and I think it is a french toast day today. Otherwise, not much going on, overtime stopped for the present time thank God. Getting to old for that stuff.

Jerry and I have worked with financial advisors. That is part of why I am still working for another 14 months or so. Otherwise, I would be done.

You all have a great day. Enjoy your coffee. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #2903

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning
coffee is done and I need a cup so this will be short, Please some...
Been watching a rose sticking the blossom just above the window in the living room for the last 2 weeks talk about a long stem rose. Its finally going to get cold so I fear I will need to cut it and bring it in the house before tomorrow.
Had a inch of rain last night, they say that would equal 10 inches of the white crap.
Going for my MRI tonight yep 9:00 PM, I guess there is a need for it. 3rd attempt to get her done.
Ordered my tires for the drivers. I can drive her again. Why are they so expensive. By the way there is no way I can afford USA made.
the ones on there are from 96 so much for the 10 year rule
That's my morning.
Did I say coffee is good? yep I did.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151118_082717.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	112243   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151118_082727.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	112244  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #2904

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. The coffee tastes great. Temps dropped overnight, with a bunch of rain. With 18 inches of water over the road, the main campground entrance is closed. We have a standby exit available alongside the maintenance sheds, but no new campers will be arriving. Also, no campers are here currently. The painting project is completed. I hope the motor home search is productive.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #2905

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

WOW!! What an day yesterday was. W I N D Y doesnt even come close. Went to a Dr appointment and coming home I decided to avoid the freeway and take the secret back way which is shorter in distance but normally takes about 10 min longer because of speed limits and stop lights.

Well..... that was a HUGE mistake. Downed trees and power lines took out several traffic lights. Unfortunately once you commit to the back roads there is no short way out of it. It took 3 hours to get home on a drive that normally takes 30 min.

Then in the evening we left to go to our granddaughters school pageant. We left with an hour until start time to make a normally 20 min drive. We wanted good seats.

Well more downed trees, more failed traffic lights, so many branches on the roads you could hardly see the pavement. It took us an hour and 10 min to complete the trip.

Our street looks like a war zone. Our power rarely goes out here at home due to our proximity to the transfer station and underground power lines (as they all should be). But it seems the lines going to the station are having issues as the power keeps blinking out just long enough to make the cable box and internet routers to reset.

Yesterday I accomplished little of what I had planned to do because I sat in traffic all day long.

Today is a new day. I hope to get more done.

DW took the S&B off the market this morning until after the holidays. Will do some tweaking and since prices are rising here along with an expected jump in interest rates come December, the price will go up when we relist in Jan.

Headed to the Houston area between Thanksgiving and Christmas to meet with a group building a veterans community there. They want us to put another Liberty Farms training facility in the project.

Thats all from the PNW. Have a fantastic day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #2906

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone!! Well, afternoon really? Coffee was good as usual!
Lloyd, I am looking for a coach for us to use when we come to visit the U.S. and keep, at my sons house, the rest of the time! No set date yet, but are hopefully are going to make it to Jay's for the 4th! The one I had last year, I sold, so looking for a older DP, in good shape, well loved, that will be a good touring coach. Like everyone says, the right one will pop up, and have my name on it! Your place looks very nice! Impressive! Would be fun playing with the drone, for sure!
Jay, no worries, sounds like you had quite a day!
Mikeb, relax, and enjoy the quiet!
Tim, glad you got lucky on the tire roulette. Me not so much, had a four year old Michelin, no side wall cracks, always covered, blow out on me coming back from the US nat's, did 3000 dls. damage, glad insurance paid all but the ded.! I had China made and Japanese tires on my last MH, it was fine, rode good, no shakes, no worries!
Lynne, you almost said the sn** word! But it is Michigan!
Frank, sounds like you are have nice weather, too! Been pretty nice here also!
Terry, got the deal of the century!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #2907

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang, Coffee good this morning, we had between 1.5" and 2" of rain last night, still warm but supposed to cool off by mondayLows in the upper 40's and highs in the upper 60's to low 70's, but only for a couple days then back to the upper 70's to low 80's, so not too bad.
Have a great day all, and be safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:33 AM   #2908

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Its cold 30 degrees last night. Boy was it windy even the MH was moving a bit, still is. Furnace just came on. Looks like it finally got here, highs in the 30dies and low's in the 20es.
I washed the MH yesterday those dang Black streaks, I washed the roof a few weeks ago. I have to get those gutters.
Had my MRI done last night. Appointment was at 9 and I didn't get in until almost 10:00 I fell asleep so the gal had to come in the room and wake me. It was a open sit in type, I'm really Closter phobic really bad but the sides were so tight my right shoulder was so painful from the torn rotary cuff I felt like she was trying to squish me.
My tires should be in by tomorrow. I told Joe lets go for a ride just to see how much better she will ride.
We decided that we will order 2 more panels of our drapes for the side windows in the drivers/passenger area. We will still be able to move the front panels to just behind the seats for cold weather driving.
And the coffee is pretty tastie.
Have to go into the S&B for breakfast. Have a good one and if your on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #2909

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Working on that 1st cuppa. Like nectar I tell ya.

Spent yesterday cleaning up form the storm. Branches everywhere. One of the neighbors lost a tree and it came down in the yard. Missed his house and other property. He was beating the heck out of his chainsaw so I went a lent him a hand getting it cut up.

Cleaned up all the branches from the street too. Well most of them. I'm not doing the whole block myself. Would take the county forever to clean all that up. Hope the others on the block follow my lead. Doubt it.

Finally will get to go see that HR today if it's still there. Not exactly what we are looking for but it will do short term if I can get it for the right price. They have 2. It's also the off season so good chance I can get them down on the price.

Rail I left a msg with the folks about that DP. Will be down that way tomorrow so I hope he calls me back today. Have to go to Olympia in support of the No Syrians rally. Idiot Governor here says all are welcome. Common sense says we need to know certain who we let in here. We dont need another 911 because someone played politics with national security. With Boeing and Microsoft here as well as nuclear power plants, large military bases from all branches including boomer sub bases, we don't need to be taking chances. I feel for the REAL refugees but my families safety comes first. With 100K people at a Seahawks game a couple of Ryder trucks on the street outside and we have 911 all over again.

Sorry about the politics folks.

Keep your powder dry.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #2910

Good Morning!

Sounds like we all have our unique weather and physical challenges.
If Senior Living were easy children would be doing it.

Old Car Nut remember that if you guys drive to Houston we have a guest apartment you guys are welcome to use. We are just a hop skip and jump off the highway you'll be on if you are driving in.

Oh I wish I could post up all the video I took last Saturday.
My neighbor behind me wanted to take me up in his WWII trainer aircraft.
We flew the old Fairchild XNQ-T31 for about 45 minutes. Was fun to fly over our neighborhood and we even buzzed the next private airstrip north of our place. What fun!
I hope the picture post. (Weeeeeell CRUD! YOU GET THE IDEA!)

I took a video of the entire flight with my phone but it's way to long to post up here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151114_144818.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	112333   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151114_144839.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	112334  

Old 11-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #2911

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Good Morning!

Old Car Nut remember that if you guys drive to Houston we have a guest apartment you guys are welcome to use. We are just a hop skip and jump off the highway you'll be on if you are driving in.
To be more precise, Liberty Texas. But heck Curtis I wouldn't be that close to ya and not at least try and have lunch with you folks.

I hope to be hauling a load of stuff to OK first, then swing down south before heading back to Seattle to get another load. I would like to have the house empty before it goes back on the market in Jan. DW will stay up north with her folks while the house sells.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #2912

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, Everyone! Coffee was tasty today!!
Curtis, that looked like it was a blast, bet you are still grinning!!
Jay, hope the Navigator works out for you, and is the right price! Like I said, no worries on the Airstream, it is on a craigslist ad, so you never know? OH, and I saw a very nice looking CC by owner, with a warranty!! Over by Spokane/Idaho, on Craigslist, give it a quick look! I am still looking, and only get about 20% response from the ad's! Most just have the email link thru craigslist, and most do not respond! Not sure why? And it does not seem to make a difference between the dealers and the private ad's either?
Frank, hope it warms up!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
PS, Jay, here is the info on the CC! In the pic, it shows 2 slides on the drivers side!
(google map)
2004 Country Coach Newport
condition: excellent
fuel: diesel
odometer: 50000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

I'm selling my 2004 Country Coach Newport. It's in perfect condition. Needs nothing! It only has 50,000 miles on it. Diesel pusher, It has everything all the amenities. Never been smoked in or animals. Very clean. Price is 105,900 I will put a 60 day warranty on it for the new owner. Needs a good home. If interested call me on my cell 509-216-3283, Thank you