Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #2927

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bap,
Our prayers are for Debbie and your FIL, hope all goes well. and as Gordon said, makee sure to take care of yourself too.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #2928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Bap,
Our prayers are for Debbie and your FIL, hope all goes well. and as Gordon said, makee sure to take care of yourself too.
Frank

Same from me BAP.

We're going to get cold this weekend.

Spent the last few weeks sealing up the house. Almost done.
Ya'll get ready now. This is going to be a bad Winter.

Not a lot of time tonight so I'll stop here and wish everyone well.

Curtis
Old 11-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #2929

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bap be adamant about your FIL, Sally's ex was living with us , she managed to keep him going for 8 years after they told him he had 2 years max! He was hospitalized 3 times in the last month of his life and they catheterized him each time not once but kept changing it. The last time he was doing fine but was in ICU with 3 bags of some kind of fluids, when I asked why his bag had nothing in it after 2 days , they told me to mind my own business, they knew what they were doing! They put him in a regular room on Sunday and on Monday morning they called us telling us he was fine before breakfast but was going downhill. Ran right to the hospital at 10 am when they said they were putting him on dialisys, they didn't get him hooked up to the machine till 1AM after he coded and they brought him back! He died of sepsis because they were filling him with fluids and nobody cared that he wasn't getting rid of any of them! He was a good guy and didn't deserve that , and he had all the insurance in the world! I get like that just relieve me with a 50 cent bullet! It didn't help that the Head of Necrology or whatever the hell dialysis is called walked up after he had coded and told us she only trained the nurses how to use the machines, of which they had tried 3 of them before they got one to work! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #2930

Bap prayers for Debbie and your FIL and prayers for you to keep you strong through this tough time. I hope all comes out well for you and your family.

MK
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #2931

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Bap be adamant about your FIL, Sally's ex was living with us , she managed to keep him going for 8 years after they told him he had 2 years max! He was hospitalized 3 times in the last month of his life and they catheterized him each time not once but kept changing it. The last time he was doing fine but was in ICU with 3 bags of some kind of fluids, when I asked why his bag had nothing in it after 2 days , they told me to mind my own business, they knew what they were doing! They put him in a regular room on Sunday and on Monday morning they called us telling us he was fine before breakfast but was going downhill. Ran right to the hospital at 10 am when they said they were putting him on dialisys, they didn't get him hooked up to the machine till 1AM after he coded and they brought him back! He died of sepsis because they were filling him with fluids and nobody cared that he wasn't getting rid of any of them! He was a good guy and didn't deserve that , and he had all the insurance in the world! I get like that just relieve me with a 50 cent bullet! It didn't help that the Head of Necrology or whatever the hell dialysis is called walked up after he had coded and told us she only trained the nurses how to use the machines, of which they had tried 3 of them before they got one to work! Bobby
Hey Bobby;
I hear you loud and clear. Sometimes wonder why we pay so much for insurance and health care. But it is better than some of the alternatives. I guess that is why they call it a medical practice. Always sad when you lose someone especially if they are good people.

Janet and I cannot complain. All of Janet's ailments have been taken care of very well.

We have told the kids we prefer a pillow or being abandoned on an ice flow!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #2932

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I heard a mythological creature existed down south one time, it was a Crocogator, it was huge and had a Crocodile mouth on one end and a Alligators mouth on the other end, it ate itself to death as it couldn't go to the bathroom. I feel that is what happened to my friend Angelo Bedia! This is what the medical profession has become, you hear all this big stings where they make these Medicare and Medicaid busts for gazillions of dollars yet the quality of healthcare in this country especially for older folks is atrocious , I don't really care as i'm a junior at 60 and my lifelong heathcare bills are like $6000, kinda like what my Obamacare deductible would be ! So yup i'll pay my own way and pay my fines and then find someone with a bullet! Bobby
Old 11-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #2933

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Haven't been here for a few days and a lot has been happening. Bap, best to you, Debbie and your FIL.. Working in the medical field I can tell you that some things happen that make me shake my head. Insurance has too much power for one small thing. Things have happened with my own family that was not right. I knew enough to demand to talk to the Charge Nurse or my own physician and was able to resolve the issues. Keep demanding until you get the right response.

Coffee is good as I watch the SNOW fall. Was going to go to Indiana for a birthday party but supposed to get 5 to 10 and just think it is better to stay home and be safe.

Having seen so much over the last 33+ years, I agree with the bullet. I have made out a medical directive to allow me to die under several medical situations. If I can't wipe my own behind, I choose to be DONE. My husband agrees and my family has been told

I see all the prayers needed and sent and think I just need to add all of you to my daily prayers. Please know that even if I am not on you are all in my thoughts. Prayers going out to all of you today and from now on.

Have a blessed day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #2934
bap

thanks sooo much for all the thoughts and prayers,--it means so very much to us !!!
and as LYNNE said even if im not on here ALL OF YOU are in my daily thoughts and prayers !!!

and======HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNNE !!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #2935

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all! We have a weather system moving through today and the temps will be falling to about 20 tonight. Coffee is great! I guess we could see some snow in the trip down the slippery slope.

Prayers to BAP and others dealing with health issues, or loved ones who have the same.

Three new campers arrived. One guy was in a Subaru station wagon. I asked him if he needed an electric site, and he said, no, he would sleep I his car. I got his story. Originally from the northeast, he is a agricultural worker who has worked in the valley in California the last two years. We all know what a challenge agriculture there is with the drought. He accepted a position with a truck farm in Connecticut. He is driving across country. I told him to pick out his site and I would settle up with him. He asked me for directions to the grocery store. We are eight miles from the interstate, then another eight miles to any stores. He said he was just going to buy bread and peanut butter, but that was too far of a trip. I fixed a peanut butter sandwich, Apple, and carrots and delivered to him. He was very appreciative. I also told him there would be no charge for the camp site, but left a tag on the post so he would not be hassled by the ranger. Later, my boss told me I did not have to pay for his site out of my own pocket!

I had to work another fire last night. Recent heavy rains left a huge pile of drift wood under a concrete bridge. Someone poured kerosene off the bridge onto the wood and lit it on fire. The fire department responded and extinguished the fire quickly. With two fire incidents in one week, we feel we have an arsonist at work. The firemen feel it is a disgruntled fish gigger (Technical terminology from here in the Ozarks.) who is upset about not being able to get past the bridge in a boat.

That was a long post. Take care, all.

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #2936

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

BRRRRRRR. 30 degrees here this morning. Frost for the 3rd day in a row. Weather folks keep telling us it will be a warmer than normal winter here in the Seattle area but I beg to differ. I suspect we will see a lot of snow this year. Willing to bet all the cities here will be woefully unprepared for it.

Since I have to be outdoors to enjoy my morning cigar with my coffee I am all to aware of the weather. I'm so glad to have our propane fire pit.

All this talk of health issues reminds us we need to have our affairs in order. Wills, living wills and even DNRs for some. you can save a lot of $$ using Legal Zoom. Then just have your lawyer review it. Get'er Done! Don't leave a mess for your loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanefam View Post

I know I don't post here often but I read this thread and Terry's thread everyday. Boy it was chilling this morning in the PNW. I think we were at 28 degrees this morning which means now we have nice clear blue skies.

Today I cleaned up the RV from our last tailgate and boy it's nice storing it at my warehouse.

Trying to track down a battery draw that I have on the house batteries. Once I park the RV on Sunday after tailgating batteries seem to be fine up until Friday/Saturday. Thsi morning you could tell the batteries were starting to get dim about half what they should be like. So my bandaid is to just plug in the RV now and it's all good on Sunday morning but I gotta find outs what is going on.

Any ideas?
Ahh one of my specialties

1st you need a volt/ohm meter. Then a trip to the fuse panel. Remove fuses one at a time and put the leads across the fuse terminals with the meter set to monitor current draw. You will be able to see which circuit/s are pulling down the batteries. From there you can disconnect things one by one until you find the drain.

I would log each circuit draw as a baseline for future use.

Where in the PNW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
hey gang,,----just dropping a quick note to say howdy to all my buddies on here...

still helping out my father in law,,--had to take him to the E.R. just got back they had to cath. him because something happened with his back surgery and now he cant pee..
soo if you all could send a few prayers his way i would be greatfull and i know he would,,-he already knows all of you through me...lol..
then i take him back monday for his 2 week check up on his surgery.,,--then im sure a uroligist---im sure i tore that word up...lol..
after that my DW--DEBBIE has to go in the hospital to spend at least a night,,--she is not getting enough oxygen while she sleeps..---more prayers please for her..

thats it for now----prayers to all of you !!!!!
...BAP=JEFF !!
Jeff Prayers being sent. Notified our circle of prayer warriors.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #2937

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all;
Currently 68 here but w**dy.

Unfortunately I have little faith in our health system that seems to be about high paid executive who appear to be empire building. Large extravagant buildings being built while beds are empty and patients are stored in hallways. The government seems to thing that periodic purging of the executive (along with large generous payouts) will make us think that change is underway. Just exchanging one group of ineffective people for the next batch. Every once in a while though we seem to have some wins. Janet has gone through the system very well, we credit that to our family doctor who is a pit bull when it comes to follow up.

I have even less faith in a system that is based "for profit". And don't get me started on the drug cartels!!

We do have a living will. No mention of pillow or ice flow in it but it is a very comprehensive document of ailments and responses. We have discussed it with family but as our lawyer says they do not have to follow it.

It's been a pretty good week and we are looking forward to a restful weekend.

Lynne and Jerry - I think you are wise in waiting out the storm. I love snow especially in the early winter. It covers the browns with a clean cover that promises a clean start. Cold is less fun but I like it better than extreme heat. I can dress for the cold but at some point there are no more clothes to take off!!

Have a great day all.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #2938

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post

Ahh one of my specialties

1st you need a volt/ohm meter. Then a trip to the fuse panel. Remove fuses one at a time and put the leads across the fuse terminals with the meter set to monitor current draw. You will be able to see which circuit/s are pulling down the batteries. From there you can disconnect things one by one until you find the drain.

I would log each circuit draw as a baseline for future use.

Where in the PNW?

Jeff Prayers being sent. Notified our circle of prayer warriors.
Jay, We live in Puyallup. Sounds like your a pro maybe I need to make a trip up there I would even treat to you Fred's for a good beer probably more than one.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #2939

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yuck, Bah Hum Bug, Snow

Well, this is what we have so far at 2:52PM so far and it's still coming down. Didn't go to my Niece's BD party in MI City Indiana because of the snow not cause it was my BD. Glad I decided to stay home.

They always say a picture is worth a thousand words, I think you will get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	112488  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #2940

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Prayers to all of you that are ailing! I Thank God I haven't had the experiences that some of you have! Still have the usual aches and pains but usually a few Advil or Excedrin takes care of that. Going up to Binghamton area to see my mom and sis for Thanksgiving. Sally has been tired alot lately, in 34 years I have seen her go to the hospital many times. She has 17 stents and I question whether the cardioligists have their patients best interests at heart or if they just like to keep charging for the same crap over and over? The only analogy I can think of is a rusted brake line or leaking fuel line. Some people will keep patching them rather then do it right once, makes no sense to me. Hell I think she would put up with the scar from open heart surgery if she felt better, but I really wonder about those supposed death panels where once you reach a certain age the bean counters take over from the Doctors? I have seen her laying in a gurney in a hallway for 2 days after she was supposed to be admitted, they then say she was admitted for observation due to Medicare rules and leave her there till she gets mad and leaves! Hope everyone has a nice and healthy Thanksgiving!!! Bobby And Happy Birthday Lynne!