Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #3053

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
MK, that's a good one, that's one of my favorite movies , good to see your doing well.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #3054

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Bap,
That Barth is quite a find.
MK,
Glad that you are doing good, and I love that part of the movie, and then when the sewer blew up from the methane.
Have a good evening all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #3055
bap

MK, great to know your feeling good..----man ya gotta love uncle eddie....lol
Old 12-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #3056

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning, Everyone! Coffee sooooo good this morning!
Bap, that old Barth, is very similar to the '74' Shasta I had! It was a 25' class A, with the 454 cu. in. turbo 400, they had the exact same headlights! The Shasta had the same grill as a Ford dump truck of the same year! I had a lot of fun in that old girl!
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, is one of my all time favorites too!

Rail!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 AM   #3057

MK, glad to hear you are doing well. Excellent news!

Debbie just starts laughing anytime one of those national lampoon movies come on with Chevy. The entire series cracks her up. I love all the christmas lights, extensions everywhere, and the entire bit about the light switch and the lights not working!

We had a 1973 Wayfarrer! 18', dodge chasis, 318 engine. Overloaded it everywhere we went towing our race car and all the tools parts etc. It was always easy to pass us on a hill!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #3058

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning. There is frost outside this morning. The coffee is great. MK, glad you are doing OK with the chemo. I am jealous of you guys who had those early motor home experiences. My early times were in a tent. Stay warm and safe.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #3059
bap

goodmorning my friends !!!!

itis a cold frosty morning here as well,,,coffee is nice and hot...
flaggy,,,my early days of camping were on frozen ground also,,,--i remember 1 camping/hunting week all to well ,,where we waited on it to hit 6deg,,--that was the heat of the day----man my old bones couldnt handle that again...lol

everyone have a great day and stay safe !!!
...bap/jeff!!!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #3060

Morning Gals and Guys, hope everyone is OK! Woke up a little excited this morning, my friend who has a bodyshop is coming over and taking the pickup to his shop to pull the little kink in the frame after I take the bed back off it! Finally! He is then going to paint the whole truck, going all out taking the doors off and all, I will be there helping him part of the time, but I think it's a fair price he gave me $2500 for all, have had quotes of $4000. New paint , new bumpers, lights and all new stripes and stuff it should be a nice x-mas present for both of us! Will then go to the upolstery shop for a new top , fix the rip in the drivers seat and new carpet!
Will take pics. Wish me luck ! Bobby
Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #3061
bap

looking forward to the finished pics bobby!!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #3062

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Coffee is terrible this morning.
Joe made a pot of flavored coffee which I hate.
Slept lots yesterday afternoon. I tried to attach new 6 inch concave mirrors on the PA but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. So I went in to do something's inside the PA and promptly fell asleep. The next time I woke it was 7 pm got up had dinner in the S&B and fell asleep again till I woke up and it was 3 am Got up and went to bed. It has been so long since I slept that amount of time. I really feel good today.
Joe got the mirrors installed and they turned out better than I had wanted them. He even took off the little ones that were attached to the big mirror.
Have a great Saturday and if on the road be safe.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #3063

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning to All;
Hope everyone has a great day.

48 over night here. Laid in bed later than usual this morning. Feeling really lazy. Pretty much over a persistent dry cough I had for several weeks so life is grand. Heading home to spend Christmas with the family in a week. Home for three weeks.

Weather at home has been above normal. Same kind of temperatures that Lynne is experiencing. I was hoping it would be snowing so I could use the tractor. Well the weather can change.

I really like the Barth. Somebody should buy it. BAP or Popeye - go for it. It is a classic and will never be out of style. I will be that no park will ever enforce the 10 year rule on it.

Time for breakfast. Had the first cup in bed, second cup typing this and there is still a thermos full for later.

Have a great weekend.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #3064
bap

good evening folks,,...well shoot debbie and i was talking about the barth and she told me to give the guy a call and i went to look up his number and its gone...--dagnabbit!!
well if we didnt get it i hope popeye or one of you picked it up..

gordan i hope you get to feeling better..and safe travels back home for the holidays !!

just had to jump on here and kick myself for not calling about the barth sooner...ohh well..

everyone have a goodnight !!!
Old 12-06-2015, 01:26 AM   #3065

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!!
Gordon, hope you get to feeling better! Did you make it to the "welcome back party" in Algodones this Saturday? Always a great time with free food and drink! And always good entertainment!
MK, glad to see you are feeling well, and back at it!
Tim, great when a plan comes together! Hahahaha! It was your plan? Right? (on getting the mirror's installed?)
Bap, sorry about the Barth But, you know what they say! When it is the right time, it will happen! What they tell me, anyway?
Bobby, that sounds like a great deal to me, Will enjoy seeing the pic's!
Flaggy, I too remember the tents, all the way from Boy Scout's on up! The old 74 Shasta did not come along till the late 80's! So it was old when I had it!
Lloyd, all of the N.L. Vacation movies were so funny! All great!
Everyone have a great day! And keep your wood dry!! Rail!
Old 12-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #3066

Man I hate sterroids. ...have to take them for four days from Friday through Monday and I can't sleep..they make me hungry...went to bed at nine cause I was up at four yesterday morning and been laying here awake since one now it's five am and I am wide awake.....oh well the price of kicking cancers butt....I will take it any day to beat this...lol..

On a great note Dr told me I could see my grandson now and guess who is coming for a visit at lunch today.....yup you got it Jameson the one year old wonder boy...lol...that probably has alot to do with why I am awake I can't wait to see him ....I couldnt be at his birthday party so I have not actually seen him since this all started....

Well bap I wished you could have gotten that Barth it looked like a gem...

Rail patience is on your side it will all come together soon....I would love to make it to Oklahoma for the fellowship and fireworks sounds like a great time but I don't know what will be happening past April yet....I may not have any time to take off from work left but we will have to see...

Everyone enjoy the coffee I am going to get my pot started now be safe and hope all your favorite football teams win....