Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #295

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone! Coffee tasted very good this morning, cool, 50*, high of 80*! Well, I took my VW bug out on a frozen pond one time, had fun whipping doughnuts! It would spin around so fast, I guess because the rear engine? Was fun though!
Lynne, I lived in Mx. for 4 years, never took the MH inside the country, but knew a lot of people that did! I rented a 3 bedroom, 1 bath house in Los Algodones, Baja, Mx. About 9 mi.s from Yuma!
Gordon, glad you made it safe and sound back home to Yuma! Enjoy the weather!!
Every one stay warm! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #296

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, -8* this AM brrrrrrr, this is just getting old, Tim, thats not an ice shanty thats a house! Good to hear your MH warms easily. Bap, I've road raced and drag raced on ice, ran the studded class drilled the tires and put in 1/4 inch sharpened bolts and tubes in the tires, there was very little spinning but alot of breaking when everything hooked up, wild rides, picture a dragster on ice. Gordon with an offer like that your likely to get alot of offers!! hope it stays warm for you. Lynne, If you lived in your Prius it could be an all electric option, first class! enjoy your day off. Rail, those VW bugs sure where alot of fun I never had one but a few buddies did. Later on I helped put together a few dune buggies and one sand rail. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:10 AM   #297

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Morning coffee!

Good morning all,

Terry, I beat you this morning as it is -11 here in MI. BRRRRRRR! I don't think people are supposed to live this way. At least I didn't have to go out in it this am. Hope the rest of you are having a warmer time of it.

You all have a great day and a great cup of coffee. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	morning coffee.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	83281  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:44 AM   #298
bap

not bad here at 26 as i have my first cup,,
and yes terry i have seen dragsters on ice kool,,,i raced spiked moto bikes and a few cars,,,,but loved the bikes ALOT...

everyone stay warm and safe this day,,,
and beamsil, what a nice pic to wake up to,thanks..
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #299

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all;
Lynne - I dont think they will let you stay in your Prius here. I can try but I know the answer. However . . .

There is no reason you could not come down. Friends of ours from Iowa have their 5er down here and she works in the hospital under contract. She works for 6 months here and 6 months back in Iowa. I think the Yuma Regional is a pretty good hospital.

Trying to find a specific MH can be frustrating. Sometimes buying new is a good alternative. We have purchased new as it gives us satisfaction to know what has gone on with our unit. We were the first to use it. If we have any problems they are professionally fixed or I do it myself. I know where all of the bodies are buried - so to speak.

True we take a hit on depreciation but we get pleasure out of being the only folks to use it. We were able to spec it out so it works for us both color and option wise. But we earned the money and can spend it in any manner we wish. There is a saying that "He who dies with the most money is still dead". We get out pleasures in many ways and this is ours.

I have talked to many people who take their MH to Mexico. We went to Rocky Point once with our truck. We felt perfectly safe, like the people and enjoyed ourselves. The road down was good. The RV parks we saw from a distance looked nice. Just decided that we did not have enough interest to get the extra insurance to go there.

The RV park we are in is economical and has everything we want. We have our away family here and lots of things to do. We pay 2400 per year and about 40 per month for power. Summer residents here will pay up to 200 per month because of air conditioning.

Everyone have a good day. Supposed to be 75 here but the wind is currently blowing. Does not affect us too much because of the trees but we tend to stay close to home or indoors when it blows. I hate the wind more than the cold.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #300

Fleetwood Owners Club
Funny, as much time as I spend on IRV2 that I would run across more of this group than I do. I guess we all hang out with those that we first make contact with and only jump threads when actually looking for information.

Never thought to look in vintage area but plan on mine being vintage by the time I'm through with it. lol On the other hand, I myself might be classy foe as vintage!

Good morning group!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #301

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

It is now 30 degrees warmer than this am here. HEAT WAVE! Supposed be 30 by Sunday but we will see.

Hope you all had a great day and have a great evening! Lynne
Old 01-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #302

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Beautiful day here, but cool this morning! 51*! But the sun is shining, and warming up!
Gordon, I used to drive my car down to the house from Vegas, and had the Mx. insurance. And I drove down to Rocky Point also, took the toll road down! Very nice drive! I met a bunch of bikers, that go down every year, for a big bike rally in Rocky Point! Looked like something Terry and Ellenor would be interested in! Just google (rocky point bike rally)! I have also drove across at T.J., and driven back to Los Algodones on the Mx. side, stopping a Tecate and checked it out!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #303

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, 6* here this morning, so its "warmer" thats a relative term. Bap where we raced on ice had the bikes out too, always thought that they were crazy how fast they ran. Gordon, sounds like a good deal down there in Yuma. The wind can really blow down there, get that dust going and its just like a white out we have up here. Wecome huntnski we always like to talk to new folks. Rail, I have heard about the bike rally in Rocky Point sounds kinda wild for sure. Hey have a great day all.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #304

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good morning all,
Coffee was good this morning, a little cool this morning, low 50's and overcast, but it is a whole lot better than what you guys up north are having to put up with.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #305

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good coffee, 34 currently going to 50 today! Headed to gym to get in a good swim, good morning everyone!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #306

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning from Beautifull Severnbridge, Muskoka in central Ontario. Sunny skies and its warmed up to -8c (18*f), no snow for the past few days is great, so far this year we have gottn about 10 feet. My wife Judy and I are both suffering from 2 counts each of PMS (parked motorhome syndrome & parked motorcycle syndrome) LOL.

Have a Great day everyone.

Rick & Judy

"Support our Troops, Wear RED on Fridays"
Muskoka Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #307

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone. Took the bike out of the stacker yesterday. Battery was dead so a bit of a complication. Solved that problem but it seems I forgot most of the stuff to put the windshield back on. Took a while but solved that one as well.

Still a bit of room here at the RV park. For those suffering the winter blues I can put your name on the reservation list. The resort is filling up but there are still a few spots to be had.

Happy hour at 4.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #308

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

One more day closer to retirement. I am now counting under 3 years. Can't wait. Coffee was good this am and it was 21. Oh my, the heat was wonderful! It is really sick when 21 feels warm but after the ice storms last year this is better. I just have no patience for it anymore.

I'll be there eventually Gordon. Just a matter of time.

Take care and see you Saturday morning all, Lynne