Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2015, 04:36 AM   #3151

Morning all!

53 here, headed for 73. Too nice to ignore, going to take a motorcycle ride today. Been awhile since I got my Interceptor out of the barn, it needs to flush some gas through.

BTW, got my RV port all wired up. Came out great, nice to go down there and not have to shuffle around in the dark. There is plenty of light in there, I could easily wash the rig. I'll try and get some pictures.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 04:42 AM   #3152

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Coffee Lovers,

Wow, is the coffee good this morning! Steve: Welcome to our group, great people here and a nice place to converse. I agree, pictures of your rig would be nice. We just love all the different rigs as well as the stories about how you found it and what you liked about it that made you decide to buy this one.

Spritz, fires are always scary for a family, you loose things you don't even think about until you need them and realize they burnt in the barn. Sure hope his insurance does him right, after what he has gone through, he needs a break.

Completed my CPL class yesterday. Glad that is done, it was kind of fun. They showed a map where different states allow other state CPLs to be carried, more than I thought.

Weather here is still nice and know it is only going to last so long, but sure enjoying it. Sat outside and ate lunch yesterday, 48 degrees. Supposed to be 60 today and then start to go down from there and finally end up in the 30's by Friday. Oh well, it has been nice while it lasted but it is Michigan after all and know as the s--w state and until I retire I have to put up with it. 16 more months and I'm out of here.

Hope everyone is good, safe in their travels, and getting ready for Christmas. I need to start baking soon. Frank, how many spots do you have down there and will they all fill? I still see MH's on the road here, some pulling Toads and others not. Latest I have ever seen them moving but could be because of the weather.

Take care all, see you another day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:22 AM   #3153

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Sunday and the coffee is wonderful,
Raining here in December Could Mr. AL be on to something?
Hate to sound like a broken record but been up since 3am, and going out to finish up the interior. Clean up put things away and organize pots and pans cloths stuff for our 1st long trip. I tell ya I need a bigger MH... for 1 a bigger fridge @ LEAST.
I didn't get a call last night about a flare up.
I found this aerial If I can get it to upload or download which ever it does of Brother Bobs Barn Fire I guess it was taken by a Drown (sp) I'll have to get one of those.
I'll pass on the thoughts shared.
Have great Sunday
&
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:10 AM   #3154

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Tim, the hits just keep coming for your brother , sorry to hear. Lynne, nice to have the CPL behind you, agree on the weather, we have been way above average here, I see that by the next weekend it supposed to be back to "normal" Lloyd, nice when a plan comes together. Steve, I'll join others in welcoming you to the group we do have fun. Have a great day all
Old 12-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #3155
bap

goodmorning all,----
and yes welcome steve to the morning coffee gang !!!!
rail,,,,i will get in touch with them and see what there bottom dollar is!!
tim,,,that is awfull,,--did hay start the fire ???--i have seen it before..
Lloyd,,,great that ya got the port all wired up..
everyone on the road be xtra carefull out there during the holiday maddness!!!!
going to be another 70 degree day here in ky today,,,,going to get some more work done on a couple of the tt,s today and then take debbie out for a dinner and movie,,our anniversary today..
have a great an safe day!!!
...jeff
Old 12-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #3156

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
hey bap,
No it was a water heater shorted out used to keep the water open for the horses. It then went upstairs to where the hay and straw is kept. hundreds and hundreds of bales and it didn't take long. Thanks to the firefighters they did a great job, even helped get some of the chickens out, and a few even donated hay for the horses. Wonderful
The barn was used as a dance hall on the lake in the 40dies 50ties and early 60ties thru a few years ago. He bought it 30 years ago and had kept up the tradition with a dance in the summer times, I even went to a few. The Barn was huge. Easily had 40 to 50 couples Dancing on any given Dance Night
Really sad a era gone. Hoping he will be able to rebuild.
And nobody was hurt thank heavens, sad about the chickens though. Really good egg's. Just got a couple dozen last week. Yum
Tim
Old 12-13-2015, 08:05 AM   #3157

Top Of The Morning To Everyone!!!!!

We sincerely hope you have a blessed Sunday and blessed week. Happy Holidays to all.

Godspeed.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #3158

Gordon , I knew it wasn't you but was the only image I had that fit .

Spritz
I was , and still am in the "East Coast Alaska" (labeled Maine on all the maps) , boondocking up here gets a little challenging during the winter months.

Fires suck. Hope your bro gets a new one from the insurance co. the menagerie needs a home (plus ,gotta have a place for those dances too) and the ford rebuild can't just go unfinished !

Scrawley , welcome aboard ! If you run out of reading here just go to the vintage rv forum and look up the Total Rebuild thread. That should keep ya busy for a few minutes!
Old 12-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #3159

Well coffee was great this am

A first for me...went to post and got a *poof*. ...post gone..lol

Spritz sorry the hear about your brothers bad run this year but I know next year will be better I just really do believe that

Terry the new to hitch looks great all mocked up...

Popeye being from Texas and living here my whole life I cannot imagine the difficulties of dealing with that strange white stuff...err..snow...lol

Well games just started hope all your teams win be safe out there and remember to enjoy life.

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #3160

Forest River Owners Club
Good afternoon, all. Went to Panera Bread Company for my coffee this morning, then spent the rest of the day Christmas shopping. Fun, fun.
Tim, sorry about the loss of your brother's barn. I think all of us have a tendency to take a lot of things for granted, until someone we know has that kind of loss. Wow, that was a long way for water.
Gordon, be safe in your travels.
Lynne, hang in there. Retirement is definitely worthwhile.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #3161

Why did i choose the 89 Allegro?

sorry I didn't add this explanation to my pic but was rereading a post and someone mentioned interest in why I chose this one....

My wife wanted an RV. Started out looking at 5th wheels, then we decided the ability to get up and make a sandwich, lie down, go to the bathroom, etc. while underway would be nice so we started looking at class c's. then we spotted this one on craigslist and decided to go take a look. My wife wasn't with me but I fell in love with it. Decent shape, plenty of room and kinda quirky looking. I Like the rear bedroom. I decided climbing out of the overhead bunk on a class c in the middle of the night didn't seem like a good idea. and after dropping 2k on new brakes, wheel bearings, air bags, coach batteries, isolater and several other odds and ends, brought her home. and you should all enjoy this... spent the majority of the day replacing both "knife" valves on the black and gray water tanks as well as about 4 ft of gray water pvc that was leaking.
but despite all of that "crappy" work.... i love it. she has cleaned up nice and I'm looking forward to a big trip over the holidays.
scrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #3162

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Pic's Pic's Please
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #3163

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!! Coffee was good today!
Welcome to the new faces checking in to the thread!
Tim, that video sure gives the firefighters a at-a-boy!! Man, they had to work to put it out! Hope the insurance steps up and does the right thing!
Frank, where have you been? PM sent!!
Well, we are flying off to Bangkok for my 6 month check-up this afternoon, and will come back Thursday! I have to see 3 Dr.s and the vampire nurses, (give blood) Wish me luck! I will check in when I have WiFi!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 12-14-2015, 02:00 AM   #3164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey rail,
Thanks, yea they brought in a backhoe to knock it down. Stopped traffic for 4-5 hours even stopped the trains. My brother and partner found 10 chickens still alive yesterday.
Boy I hope its nothing serious and you do well.
How ya doing on your search for a MH? I've been following on the forum but not privy to the PM's.
I gota tell ya we were really lucky when we found ours. It was sitting in the driveway where I bought my 64 devllle, and a month later I called him and asked if it was for sale and he said yes and I bought it.
Coffee is good. Another sleepless night.
Thoughts and prayers too ya for a good report from the Doc's.

Ererybody, Wakeie wakeie,
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year,
Tim