Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #3221

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, 31* and west of me here in NY they are expecting 20" of what they call lake effect snow . That's in the Tug Hill region. Shouldn't get more than flurries here. Have a Great Day
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2015, 07:27 AM   #3222

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning.
MK, nice job, change my city to NE Ohio if you would, please. That is my old home base which is no longer viable. Brooksville, Florida is our base from the middle of October to the middle of of April for the last few years. I will have to change my profile.
Lynne,
That is a unique rig, it would be neat to see what it looks like up close.
Gordon,
I'm with you on seeing older units being fixed and updated.
Terry,
It looks like the tuner was the problem, and I have seen them go bad too. I have no complaints, it worked good for over 10 years, and I don't think most people keep them that long.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #3223

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, most people don't keep their trucks that long .
Old 12-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #3224

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Scrawley Steve, I am a Ron from Round Rock, but I do not do horses. You could say horses do me. I tend to fall off horses. I do wood. Finishing a couple of projects for Christmas, I will put up a picture when complete. Good health to all for this Christmas season. And safe travels.

ronspradley/rebecca
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #3225

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Actually just a few minutes past noon here.

Spent the morning cleaning up the last of a small brush pile I burned yesterday. Just a pile of coals left this morning so I took the pitch fork and worked it around to get the last bits to burn. Do this every year. We manage to get a decent size pile of tree clippings, garden debris and leaves each year.

Nice to have that done as it is supposed to snow and blow this afternoon. Predicted to be about 4" with a stiff breeze so there will be some drifting. Looking forward to getting out there to push some of it around. Have the heated gear all ready to go so anticipating trying it out.

Decorated the Christmas tree this morning. Need a bigger tree or less ornaments! LOL. Bigger tree is not going to happen cause I would have to build a taller ceiling in the living room. And that is not going to happen. No way!

Hope you are all feeling well and traveling is easy without bad weather.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #3226

Winnebago Owners Club
And right on time the snow starts. Lovely day sitting inside and watching the weather outside.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but in here it's so delightful."
Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #3227

Forest River Owners Club
Good evening, all. MK, great job on the spreadsheet. It will be a great "cheat" for me to us. 26 degrees here in St. Peters this morning. Makes the coffee taste better. I plugged in the ceramic heater in the basement as extra insurance for no water pipes freezing. I disconnected the city water hose and use the fresh water tank. Rumor has it we will give up and winterize next week. I hate that. The dealer has a list of things to fix before the (extended) warranty runs out. Lynne, isn't it great to see the light at the end of the w--k tunnel?
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #3228

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Just finishing the last of the coffee.
We didn't get to leave on the 15th.
We did get to leave on the 16th. We left around 1:00pm. Found out since we are taken 40 across that Joes brother lives just west of Oklahoma City so we got there around 4 pm yesterday unloaded the concours, Karkaddy parked in the driveway. We talked for awhile and hit the sack. We were told we could stay as long as we wanted.
The winds were really rough all the way down, We got blown all over the place. Now know what's meant by "white knuckle driving" I used the cruise all the way just to help keep a steady speed.
The MH ran flawlessly except. Definitely going to look into SuperStears @ Henderson's , and new Bell cranks.
We drove to just west of Wichita and pulled into a Rest stop which was full but we found a place on the entrance ramp and hit the sack.
Got up on Thursday and hit the road. No winds until after 12:00pm.Then they started up again but not as strong. The gas prices are real nice on the wallet.
(Back to the ran flawlessly) I noticed a liquid spray when we stopped for the night and again yesterday when we got to Joes Brothers place and only when we stop. Not to-sure what it is. It doesn't look like Anti-Freeze it looks like a oil substance. Going to check it out in the am.
The weather man is saying that there's a good size storm coming I think we will hit the road on Sunday morning.
Sure didn't see many other MH's heading South, Saw 3 and one of those was heading North. LOL
No one talking on the CB, I know my radio works because I did a radio check.

I like the List Idea and thanks for stepping up to make it happen.

Harley1994,

I used to work at a place called Metal Sales before known as Gifford Hill.
I worked on the line that roll formed steel sheets used on Pole Barns corrugated steel.
Lloyd
Thanks for asking,
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:26 AM   #3229
bap

goodmorning coffee tribe !!!!!
stay safe out there tim,,,,,and everyone else on the road,,!!!!
cold and a dusting of snow this am,,with a steady snizzle excpected for the day here..
and i will be putting on a new metal roof this weekend...ohhh what fun....lol
....everyone have a great day.....i need coffee...and its ready now,,check ya latter my friends !!!
Old 12-19-2015, 05:33 AM   #3230

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, good to hear from you Tim ,stay safe hope the winds die down, and the "spray" is nothing serious. Bap, I'd rather put a metal roof on then shingles, seems to go faster. Have a great day All stay safe
Old 12-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
If I missed so none or something just let me know
My last name is Johnson, if you have the space.

We have a list like this on our Motorcycle Forum called "Emergency Contact List" We list our facilities too, should someone breakdown and need some help getting back on the road.

It's saved several International Riders bacon more than once.
My Guest Apartment House is a popular place for Riders needing a good bed and a hot shower.

Just for everyone's info, I have a large shop (full of tools and equipment) , 3 RV Hookups, and a dump station. Should anyone be passing though North Central Texas headed South.

Rhome is where the crossroads for Hwy 287 to Fort Worth and Hwy 114 to go to Dallas intersect. Hwy 114 goes right past the Texas Motor Speedway (NASCAR/ URL) Racecar Track. (Located at I35W and Hwy 114).

Which means if you are driving from Denver or Amarillo headed to Houston or Austin you drive right by my house.

PM me if you are headed this way. Melissa and I will even show you where the best hidden BBQ places are.

Weathers here in the high 30's this morning! No wind like yesterday! Should be a nice day to ride after it warms up a little.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #3232

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another lovely day. Will be out plowing some snow once it gets to be daylight. That happens about 9. We got about 3 inches.

Tim: Glad you were able to get away. Something about the sense of anticipation and adventure once you get a few miles from home. We are always reluctant until we get that far no matter which way we are going. Hope nothing serious with the MH. Pray it is just something to tighten or re-clamp.

Off to prepare for battle!! Digging out the heated gear. First time I am going to use it - on the tractor.

Have a grand day.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #3233

Ok here is the list with a few updates any other updates needed just let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1450538368495.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	114481  
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #3234

Hi all y’all,

I awoke at 3am as usual for my morning nature call, turned on the space heater and it was working fine when I went back to bed. I awoke for the day at 5am to no power. I didn’t want to annoy my neighbor by messing with it outside at 5am so I plugged a long extension cord into an adjoining unused power station and was able to make my coffee and fire up my space heater. I imagine the problem’s something simple, probably a worn out 30amp connection or something like that. Problems that crop up out of the blue are nearly always something simple, or perhaps I should say obvious. Simple or obvious, whatever, there’s always something with these old RV’s to provide a challenge.

A few more days and I’m off to LA in my Caravan to spend Christmas with my daughter. The timing of the drive is such that I’ll arrive in downtown LA around the afternoon rush hour dog-tired from already driving 850miles, heavy sigh. Ah well, c’est la vie! It’ll sure be nice spending Christmas with my daughter.

BTW Tim, when I first ran my RV on the interstate during my 2013-14 Grand Western North American Tour and Shakedown Journey I’d replaced the shocks but hadn’t done anything else. For the remaining 5, 217 miles she ran fine but I’d always get hit by a push/pull from passing semi’s. Cross winds could be tedious as well but weren’t a severe problem. This past year, before my 875 mile drive from San Marcos TX to Sierra Vista AZ, I replaced the bushings in the sway bars and added rear suspension airbags to help compensate for spring wear. It all made a huge difference! No more push/pull from passing semi’s and even though I ran into some especially severe cross winds in western NM and eastern AZ the RV was still easy to drive even at 70-75mph. I realize you have a GM chassis so you may have some different challenges from mine but just be aware that you don’t have to put up with them, they are all fixable.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote