Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #3291

Winnebago Owners Club
BTW falcon is done. He has left or will be leaving very soon. He is leaving for a 3400 mIle trip and the longest he had driven the rv since all his work is around the house and back. Where ever he is going there will be a fair amount of snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Wow, I just ate, but am hungry again!
Yes, I followed his thread too! Very big undertaking, for sure! I think his wife's health problem's got priority on his build! Hope he finish's when he has time and funding!
Lloyd, no worries about the MH, and I am not sure why people do not respond to the emails, other than maybe their email setting's send the response's to their junk or spam folder's, and they do not check them, just delete! I have had a couple tell me that my response was in their spam folder? Only thing I can think of?
OK, where did I put those cookies?
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2015, 03:58 AM   #3292

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, I did stop in on Falcons build occasionally, pretty impressive for sure. sounds like everyone has an idea for their turkeys Personally we stopped having a large Christmas dinner, we have a Christmas breakfast instead, then everyone can scatter, and we like the quiet after. we also have a small dinner Christmas eve. Frank, Eleanor, likes chili cheese fries will have to try your recipe. Have a Great Day All.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:56 AM   #3293

Good morning all!

Sheeessshh, please stop with the food! I read the last 10 or 12 posts and gained 2 lbs!

6:45am here, and 60 degrees! Very soggy, it rained a lot last 24 hours. I think christmas we will have the windows open! This is turning out to be a strange winter. They said yesterday to expect more if the same no prediction for the pattern to change.

Have agreat day all!

L.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #3294

Coffee is good this morning in Texas....but then again ask a Texan and everything is better here..lol...I agree with you Lloyd it is easy to gain weight reading all the wonderful ideas on here when it comes to food.

We ought to try to put that reality show together again and have it cover all aspects of rv-ing camping rebuilding I think it would be a hoot...

Well gotta run take care everyone and Merry Christmas to all.....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:35 AM   #3295

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang from MI,

44 here this AM and the coffee did not get drank, had chocolate milk instead today. It's supposed to be going to 60 today and I may have to go to the gun range for some practice if the rain holds off. We have had a lot of rain here and if it was cold out we would be buried in the white stuff. So, I am glad it is above freezing.

You know that silver covered bubble wrap that they sell for the RV windows to keep sun and heat out? I kept seeing it in some of the discarded packaging for the cath lab and started picking it up. Other than our front windows on the MH I have been able to cover all windows. I bought some big enough for the front windows at Camping World. Sure makes it dark inside though but not using it right now.

Baking all done and seeing some great recipes here. I have one that I am going to try Christmas Eve. Take cut up pieces of chicken and put into a crock pot with cubes or chunked pineapple and the juice and cook until well done. Sounds yummy.

Need to finish shopping today but only a few small things. Otherwise, getting together for Christmas Eve and then Christmas dinner. Cook turkey (in oven) stuffing in a baking dish with drippings and meat pulled off one of the legs. Also do another meat and it will be pork this year as requested. We always have extra to take left overs home for all families here.

Will be working tomorrow so all of you stay safe and stay away from the hospitals. I wish we had absolutely nothing to do on Christmas day and Eve but the way the week has gone so far it doesn't look promising.

Each of you have a very Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa Claus brings you something wonderful! God Bless! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #3296
bap

goooodmorning ,,,coffee is great this morning..
you guys are starving me to death....lol,,,how about some pictures of these great recipes..--that would put me over the edge...lol..
debbie always makes 2 birds 1 she uses for dressing and the other is for carving..

have youself a merry little christmas !!!!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #3297

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, gang! 50 degrees here, and enough rain we have puddles everywhere in the campground, but the coffee is tasty.
I am thinking about the great turkey cooking discussion from the last few days. Reminds me of my grandmother cooking the turkey. (Back in the 1950's?) There was NOTHING in that bird that went to waste. After 2-3 days of leftovers, the bird carcass went into a big blue enameled pot and made turkey soup. She also made home made noodles and hung them on the chair backs of the farm house kitchen. Well I had to share those memories, but I have probably added to everyone's virtual weight gain.
I hope everyone is well and safe. We are not doing any traveling until Saturday or Sunday.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #3298

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather even better, its 75*going to the high 80's. but overcast and windy(I will take it).
As far as the reciepies go, you just have to try different things, some of them get thrown out coz they are really bad, but others become a regular. I try different spices and toppings. you just have to either remember what you did, or it is better if you write them down, then make a notation whether you like it or not.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #3299

Speaking of home fries!

Around here we make home fries out of sweet potatoes and sprinkle powdered sugar on them.
Yummy!

In case I haven't said this I have a tick.
I do not like to eat meat off a bone.
Any meat. So Carving a Turkey is hard for me.
I can carve it, but can't eat it later.

Not a big fan of turkey legs. Or Chicken legs For That matter!
Even rib eye and ribs are out. But I love filet mignon wrapped in bacon.

As long as I don't see the meat on the bone I'm ok.
I eat a lot of chicken tenders.

Boils down to when I was 17. A school friend and I went hiking. We got lost in the San Gorgonio mountains. 30 miles off course, if you can imagine that. Our 3 day hike turned into a 10 day fight for survival.

Bear Grilles? Been there done that.

I had a 22 rifle in my backpack and we were able to shoot ground squirrels to eat.
But that experience has turned me off of eating meat off the bone.
we ate grub worms, bugs and even found some raw of onions.
It takes a LOT of ground squirrels to feed two 17 year old growing boys who are hiking in mountain terrain to save their lives.
It's an interesting going story how we survived, but I'll save the details for the campfire when we meet.
Anyway! Yea, I'm weird like that.

Been laying in bed with the wife and cat watching the sunrise. Got a few more last minute items to pick up, and going to have lunch with some motorcycle riding buddies.
Tomorrow, San Antonio for a Cheech and Chong Christnas! (But without the drugs!)

Ya'lll have fun the next few days.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #3300

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Snowing lightly here. Made the early morning dash to the store for those last minute items we missed. Seems like everyone else went early to miss the rush as well. Traffic in the store was similar to rush hour traffic on the freeway. Glad I do not have to go back until after Christmas.

Virtual weight gain. Seems diabolical doesn't it. I am not going near a scale until next year just in case it is actual gain. Perhaps February. Janet is baking lots of good stuff, raisin tarts are in the oven as we speak. Next comes the quality assurance testing. I am sure the first one will fail resulting in additional testing requirement. I was a Quality Manager for a number of years and wrote several Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures. Needless to say "testing on the tarts" will be comprehensive!!

Curtis - I will gladly carve the meat for your eating pleasure. It would be very interesting to sit around a campfire to hear your story.

I think I will go out and change the battery charger on the diesel and then see if there is enough snow to justify starting the tractor.

Have a great day.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #3301

Winnebago Owners Club
Maybe tomorrow for the snow.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #3302

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Lynne, the chicken with pineapple is one of my fav.'s over here! The MIL found out I like it, so I get it regularly!! Of course, the pineapple is fresh grown here! None of the canned stuff!
Curtis, just down the road their is a lady that fries banana's and sweet potatoes every day! Wow, they are good!!
Gordon, just forget about the scales till the new year!! Quality Control huh?? Hehehehehe!!
One other thing, the really good cuts of meat, like the pork tenderloin, boneless, skinless, chicken are the cheapest cuts over here? Not complaining, but, it just amaze's me, when we see how cheap they are? No one buys them, so the price is low? Chicken wings and legs are the highest price? Got to love it!
Flaggy, noodles hung on the chair back's!! Hahahaha, the memories come flooding in!! Left over turkey/noodles!!! Yummy!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #3303

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, and the holidays are really kicking in. White Elephant gift exchange is this evening, which is always a hoot. Everyone brings snacks and all have a great time. Wish you all were here to enjoy with us.
Merry Christmas to all.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #3304

I'm visiting my daughter in LA. Last night we went to a Christmas party. The whole house was decorated in a Hawaiian motif. As usual I was wearing an aloha shirt and for once I wasn't the old silver back dressed in a funny shirt.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote