Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #3319

Monday at Quartzsite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hey Steve,
still going to try for coffee. Hoping to be in Quartzsite by Monday?
Merry Christmas,
Tim
Tim, it looks like I'll be heading back to Sierra Vista on Monday. I'll probably leave LA around 9am PST (timings not so critical when you know that you won't be driving into a late afternoon rush hour near journeys end). Anyhow, if you want to get together either call or email me a phone number and I'll call when I arrive in Quartzsite in the afternoon.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #3320

Forest River Owners Club
Merry Christmas, fellow thread contributors! Back in the S&B for the Christmas Day celebration. Daughter and SIL are here. Roast beef is cooking on the stove. Lots of side items for the dinner. Yummy. Hope all is well with everyone else.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #3321

Morning!

59 here, and lots of blue sky right now. I understand there are showers expected. Lots of rain last 7 days or so.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I ate way too much. Deb did a terrific job with the meal, it was great to have everyone here. There was a sea of wrapping paper. I have to make a recycle center run today.

Santa brought me a nice new cold weather touring jacket. My old one was looking rather shabby and leaked in the rain.

I also got a nice Yeti cooler for the RV. I expect it will get used a lot.

Hope Tim is doing well on the road? It is too bad that he has this problem, for me that kinda spoils the trip as instead of enjoying the drive, I worry.

Have a great day all.

L.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:17 AM   #3322

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning All,

29 here in MI this AM. BUrrrrrr, I think winter has arrived. It's been real nice though and it is supposed to get to 41 today.

Coffee was good this am and Christmas was wonderful yesterday. Family came over for dinner and opening gifts. Got the money for a new TV and Radio for the MH which we will get to in April when we open her back up. Will be nice to have updated equipment on both accounts.

Otherwise, it is sunny, bright, and going to be another wonderful day. Son and I will be going to see Star Wars today. Hear it is pretty good so looking forward to it.

You all have a wonderful day. Those of you on the road keep safe and take your time. Peace and Love to all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #3323

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Coffee is good here, in the face of 45 degrees and rain here. It looks as though eastern New Mexico and west Texas is getting a pretty nasty blizzard. Hope all is well with everyone.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-26-2015, 08:18 AM   #3324

Gooodmorning! I'm sitting here in Marina del Rey with my daughter enjoying my morning coffee and getting ready to go to an 8:45am Star Wars showing. Some kind of special 3D laser projection that my daughter's all excited to experience.

Steve
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 AM   #3325

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Sitting here vaguely thinking about breakfast. One cup of coffee filled me back up. As mentioned too much food. Did not have the pecan pie but the butter tarts were great.

Grand daughter became a teenager yesterday. How time flies.

Off to my brother's for another dinner tonight. Can I try to save up or should I have a light snack?

Got an iPad instead of coal. New learning experience. My background is DOS and Windows. Hmm What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Not as cold here as predicted. Predicted was -31 but only 9 here this morning.

Have a great day.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #3326

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy HELP

We just got into Abilene Tx. Man what a day . We had to stop for a couple hours today, could hardly keep the old gal in between the lines. Saw a few people that were blown right off the hwy and into a farmers field. We ended up coming down 277 bad choice, Glad both tanks were full.
So any how pulled into the Flying J in Abilene and noticed that one of the bolts that holds the wheel onto the axel is missing and the weld has broken, on the KarKaddy This place has no shop. I am hoping that we can find a couple bolts at a Hardware store tomorrow but no clue about a welder,
Do we have any fellow RVer's that can help us out?
Talked to a guy at the pumps in a class c that just came from ElPaso and told us that it has been snowing since One O-Clock this afternoon. We will see what happens in the morning.
Still having my coffee. yum
Help,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #3327

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, I found this shop in Abilene, Tx. for you,,
E Z Welding

4802 S Treadaway Abilene, TX 79602
(325) 665-3941
jzrzavy56@gmail.com

If they can't help you, they should know some one who can!
If you keep going on I-20 west, there is a TA truck stop in Sweetwater, Tx. that has a shop, and can fix you up, be my guess? If you are hitting bad weather, just hole up for a day or two, till it passes, as the weather can get very bad sometimes, but it does not last long!
Hope you get it fixed, and the weather breaks for you! Rail!
Old 12-27-2015, 01:13 AM   #3328

Rail is right that TA is huge but might be a better choice since it is a sunday

Anyone heard from curtis? Hope he was not too close to the tornado I don't think he was but the damaging winds that came through with this system were pretty bad I heard....

Hope all are well and safe traveling and those in the path of th his weather system...

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #3329

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather even better down here. Hope everyone is doing good and the bad weather has missed them.
MK,
I also thought of Curtis when I heard of the tornadoes in the Dallas area.
Tim,
Hope that you get your car caddie fixed up, don'r forget to get a grade 8 nut and bolt. Rail is right about just staying put for a couple days to let the bad weather blow over.
Those going to see the Star Wars movie, ENJOY.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:11 AM   #3330

Tim, there is a Tractor supply there in town. They have a great selection of grade 8 bolts, and are open on Sunday...

ABILENE
2.7mi
4450 SOUTHWEST DR ABILENE, TX 79606 (325)-691-8901
My TSC Store

L.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #3331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Tim, there is a Tractor supply there in town. They have a great selection of grade 8 bolts, and are open on Sunday...

ABILENE
2.7mi
4450 SOUTHWEST DR ABILENE, TX 79606 (325)-691-8901
My TSC Store

L.
Tim if you're not familiar with Tractor Supply they're a wonderful resource for parts of all kinds including trailer components and accessories and their prices are usually very good. Check out the entire store while you're there. There may be other things you need.

Steve
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #3332

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Tim, hope you get all things fixed. Sure can be inconvenient on the road but you have lot's of buddies here with a lot of good advice. Just stay as safe as you can. Stopping and riding it out isn't a bad idea at all. They have lowered speed on the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan due to high winds. 20 MPH.

Curtis and Melissa were going to family over the holiday season so probably on the road somewhere.

40 this AM with rain. Again, if it had been freezing here with all the rain we have had it would be unpleasant with the depth of white stuff we would have by now. Supposed to rain and freeze tomorrow. Yuck!

Coffee was good as usual but so was the sleep in. I rarely get to do it so take advantage when I can. I don't think I will have any trouble adjusting when I retire.

You all stay safe and have a good day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote