Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #323
bap

a big thankgiving type meal is always good,,,,for a couple day...lol gotta love those left overs...

my DW fixes a turkey with all the goodies several times a year,,,ya know ya just cant beat it...and for the price of turkey its very price friendly...we always have a few in the freezers....and ham...well i just cant say enough good stuff about that either,,,,,enjoy that baby...and your niece...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #324

bap, you ever work for the Highway Department?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #325

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning all, stayed above freezing last night, first time in a while, headed to 60+ today. Got a little backhoe work to get done today if ground dries up a little. Don't mind playing in dirt, as long as I can set on a tractor, never found a shovel that fit my hands.lol

Have a good day!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #326

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
That was Rail that wanted to know what type MH that you were looking for, but I will also keep my eye out for you, looking forward to meeting you guys this summer also.
Rail,
Do not have a definite exit date from Florida, we kind of play it by the weather, We will be here till at least the middle of April and it could even be the first part of May. Let me know when you will be this way and we will make arrangements to catch up with you. We were thinking of stopping at Savanna, Georgia for a couple weeks on the way north and take in some of the history, but nothing set in stone.
bap,
You are going to end up having to go on a diet you keep eating like that, lol.

Always glad to see new faces on our coffee clutch, welcome aboard to all the newcomers
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #327

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Lynne,
That was Rail that wanted to know what type MH that you were looking for, but I will also keep my eye out for you, looking forward to meeting you guys this summer also.
Rail,
Do not have a definite exit date from Florida, we kind of play it by the weather, We will be here till at least the middle of April and it could even be the first part of May. Let me know when you will be this way and we will make arrangements to catch up with you. We were thinking of stopping at Savanna, Georgia for a couple weeks on the way north and take in some of the history, but nothing set in stone.
bap,
You are going to end up having to go on a diet you keep eating like that, lol.

Always glad to see new faces on our coffee clutch, welcome aboard to all the newcomers
Frank
Frank we spent a week in Savannah early fall, if your history buff you'll love it, I'm not! Lots of statues of people and events I've never heard of! Now Charleston was great, we spent two weeks there and loved it!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #328

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
Thanks for the info, we might stop at Charleston (I am assuming that you mean Charleston, South Carolina) also, don't have any set plans, just trying to see bits and pieces of this great country as we travel from Ohio to Florida and back again. So we are open to any and all suggestions.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #329

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank and Rail,

Sorry for the mistake. Was thinking about turkey I think. The meal was great and so was seeing Rebecca and meeting Lincoln for the first time. They are here for the night and then morning breakfast and then have to get back home to Colorado.

See you all in the morning, have a wonderful evening! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #330

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Tim,
Thanks for the info, we might stop at Charleston (I am assuming that you mean Charleston, South Carolina) also, don't have any set plans, just trying to see bits and pieces of this great country as we travel from Ohio to Florida and back again. So we are open to any and all suggestions.
Frank
Yes South Carolina, we did a horse carriage through downtown, fantastic! And I'm no romantic, and around horses all the time, but the whole event was great, entertaining and educational. Fort Summter tour good as well. Tour the old Slave Market and Cudos to Hymans restaurant on meetings street near the market. We really enjoyed the area. Savannah was just ok, been there now, no need to go back, but I could see us returning to Charleston.

Venture on over to Arkansas, we have a pretty diverse state, mountains, rolling hills, flat lands and swamps. Very clear lakes and cousin Bill put his Presidential Libarary here!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #331

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone, Coffee, is so, so, today! Ran out of my regular brand, had three different other types, none, were what I am used to! So off to the store to get what I am used to!
Frank, not sure what dates I will be in your neck of the woods, but will let you know when I know more!
Tim, I remember the days of fixing the fence, seems like you are never done! All my horses were leaners! Till I put up the electric fence!
Lynne, I am always looking at older diesel pushers, as I always wanted one! I own a 32' gasser, Holiday Rambler Vacationer, 1996, with a 454, chevy chassis, p-30/32 no slide! I bought it because it was like new! New everything, had been totally gone thru! And got a very good deal on it to boot! I found a very nice Country Coach, 1997, 40' in AZ. To find it, go to RVT.com and type in the info, it was priced for 28,000 dls! It was one of the nicest looking C.C. I have seen in a while. And looked like a 9.5 from what I could see on their ad. it was a for sale by owner! It had 1 slide! Probably sold by now? Very good deal! I will keep my eyes open for you!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #332
bap

FRANK,, you are soo right about the diet,,it all started 16yrs ago my dw went and bought me a pair of bibs that were 3 sizes to big..i told her we needed to go exchange them for my size,,,she said nope and before to long they were to small...lol....not only can she refurb old vintage stuff this women can cook brother..lol..and we both quit smoking well over a year ago and i didnt realize how much better food tasted i have honestly put on over 30lbs this past summer...lol..

im happy beamsil that you had a great time with your niece and the baby..
our grandsons are 9 and 10 now and i couldnt wait untill they could be this age...but to be honest i truley miss those baby years,,they live next door and since we basicly work from home we had them every day....they are great boys,,very well mannered and have always been exctremly smart for there ages,,,....uh oh,,,,im bragging about my grandsons. i could go on forever talking about them,,,im a grand dad..lol..nothing like haveing grandkids....funny when they were born everyone wanted to know what they wanted them to call me...i said they will figure it out ,,my oldest called me bap...and to this day thats who i am,,,,hence my username.BAP..lol
Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 AM   #333

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning all,

Coffee is good this am as I sit here drinking it and checking out IRV2 again. I am so glad that my patient mentioned this site as I have a lot to learn before I purchase a MH. I keep looking and know when I see it I will grab hold.

Bap, I wondered where the name came from and when it comes from someone you love as much as a Grandchild, well, what else will you be known as. So glad they have been close to you. My parents Grandkids were all over the US and it made seeing them difficult. I do not have Grandchildren and never will have so I borrow other's when I get a chance. I do have great nieces and nephews though.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 AM   #334
bap

i also haave twin nieces,,,take advantage everytime you can...

they at were like my own children at one point in my life,,,my brother is only 2 years younger than me....im the outdoorsman of the family....they called mr uncle buck after the movie uncle buck with john candy in it....i was worse than there dad when they started dateing....lol
Old 01-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #335
bap

BIGd9,,,nope never worked for the highway,,,,,just wondering why you asked???

i find it funny because im off highway more than on....lol

and i see your from our bluegrass state where ya located ??
Old 01-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #336

Good Morning BAP!
You mentioned loving the Eastern Ky Hills and I looked at your profile and saw you were from Olive Hill. In a past life, I manage the Transportation Cabinet's Construction and Materials Divisions for over 30 years the the Northeastern district in this beautiful state. Two of my field offices were located in Grayson and Ashland, and over the years they were staffed by many fine technicians, engineers and office managers from the Carter County area and particularly from the Olive Hill area. Being such a rural and relatively sparsely populated county I figured the chances were good you worked for them and I just wanted to see if maybe you were one of the people I worked with. One of my former coworkers from your area used to carve Tree Spirit's in the area and gave me one for my retirement to remember him and all of the others by.

When we are home and not roaming around this country, we live just a stones throw away (OK, maybe several stone throws away) from you in Winchester, Ky.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote