Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #3361

Coffee is good this morning...

Curtis hope Melissa is doing much better always good to be mindful of head injuries

Tim glad you got someone looking out for ya *wink* it is a great feeling. Glad they did a good job on the welding sounds like they knew what they were doing

Hope all have a great day and travel safe everyone
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #3362

Wow this is a busy place! Lots going on here!

Tons of rain here, gosh we are soaked. Continues through tomorrow. Drive to work this morning was slow, coming down in buckets at times.

Tim! way cool your on the road again. Stick to it! You will get there, it will all be worth it in the end. Sounds like they welded it good, and and braced it. Good stuff. Just take your time and pick through the roads as they clear. Sounds like your already on that plan.

Wow, hope Melissa is okay? I have a very long story like that,,,, after a very small fall I had a bleeder, that didn't show up till a month later. 5 hours of brain surgery later, I am here and just a little brain damaged! Debbie says I have always been this way! Do take care and keep watch. My symptons started wth some numbness on my right side, that slowly got worse.

Lynne, glad you made it home safely. Snow is okay, Ice not so much. Mixed gets real hard to judge.

Bap, I am going to miss the airstream! Knowing you, it will be replaced with something cool!

If the weather holds,,,,, I am headed to New York this weekend. My buddy who is at our place in site #1 right now, wants to drive to New York to pickup his Harley he left behind. Asked me to share the driving. Gonna try and visit a few friends while there, and be back by Sunday night. He has a 2011 Tiffin 42' tag. We will be traveling in style! Gonna tow my small bike trailer behind to carry the harley back. Road Trip!

With all this crazy weather everyone be careful! Have a great day!

L.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #3363

Gooodmorning all y’all,

I’m back in Sierra Vista enjoying my morning coffee after visiting my daughter in LA, a long R/T drive but worth it! I’m glad everyone here seems to be doing well and sorting out whatever challenges life threw at you.

Tim, it’s a shame you had problems but from what I understand this is your first long journey. I suggest you look upon it as a shakedown journey, fix what’s essential and make a list of the things you can put off until you return to your stix & brix. I became an expert at developing “work-arounds” for the various problems I encountered on my 2013-14 5,217 mile Grand Western North American Tour & Shakedown Journey.

If you run into weather problems in El Paso there’s a very nice rest area just over the TX/NM border in Anthony NM. If you have more problems when you’re passing by Sierra Vista (Benson on I-10) you have my phone number, don’t hesitate to give me a call so I can help. I have an excellent tool set and over 50 years’ experience fixing things (all sorts of things). FWIW as long as you don’t make a mess the RV park I’m in is road warrior friendly.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #3364

Hey Rail!

Check these out......
1994 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34, Bostic NC - - RVtrader.com

1997 Gulf Stream SCENIC CRUISER 8381, Piedmont SC - - RVtrader.com

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Port...gade-108215258

The Florida one is a fix'er upper!

L.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #3365

Wow , I had problems accessing this thread for the last couple of days and looks like I missed a LOT!

Curtis
Take care of the little lady , sounds like you know how !

Tim
A big RV and towing can be a nightmare on slippery stuff , wait it out buddy......the desert will still be there.

Lloyd
It's nasty up here right now , maybe delay a little while till it clears up.

Snow and sleet today and sloppy snow/rain tomorrow night then lows predicted zero to ten later this week . Guess we're getting payback for the mild start to winter...
Just nature's way of saying Happy New Year ya buncha bums!!!!!!

Terry
Ahhhh the joy of suiting up in the monkey overalls and working outside in bad winter weather , yessiree
Old 12-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #3366

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Hope your weather and mechanicals are cooperating today. Tim, hope you have made it past the ice and snow. All the better to appreciate the warm desert where you are headed.

I am going to my sister's and mom's places tomorrow. That is where my MH sits and is used as the spare bedroom when we get there. Our weather here in central Texas has been warm, 75 to 80 days, and then two days ago winter finally found us. 60/40 is normal here this time of year, we are near freezing at night and 45 to 50 during the day. Too cold for me. Hmmmmm, I wonder how far Quartzite is from here?

Our family Christmas is this next Saturday, Jan 2nd. I made an occasional table as my gift for whoever gets it. Picture follows. Also picture of MH and its place at my sister's. Stay safe all, and keep the powder dry.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100415 back at GV, after Colorado.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	115216   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Occasional Table.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	115217  

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #3367

Ron
1153 miles from Round Rock to Quartzsite
Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #3368

Table and MH look great Ron!!!
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #3369

Winnebago Owners Club
Gorgeous table. Some real craftsmanship.

I think the MH would look good in Quartzite. Go for it.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #3370

Gulf Streamers Club
Lets see, 1153 miles. Carry the three, kick the denominator, that would be $1000, unless me and my dog want to eat. And of course the cost of beer, but that is not an extra, that is an expense where ever I am. Yes, maybe. Let me see how cold it is around Jan 10. And thanks for the kind words about my little table. The top and shelf are from spalted oak that I cut down from a friend of a friend of a friend's property between Lexington and Taylor.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #3371

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Guys and Gals, hope Santa was good to you all! We enjoyed a quiet Christmas together just hanging out. Curtis , I hope Melissa is OK! Still working on the pickup, going in to my friends shop at 6 am, we hope to get all of it painted tommorrow. He is crying as he wants me to take it home for a week to let the paint cure before we put it back together! I think Sally is gonna give him a "hop in the butt" and tell him you want the rest of your money then finish it! Seriously it makes sense to wait and take our time and he does have to run a business! Plus I don't want to put the old taillights, grille and headlight doors on it as new ones are on order, She is gonna give me a beating! But I figure with new paint,decals, bumpers and convertible top it would look terrible with a few old parts, just me , lol. I spent a lot of time and $3500 bucks so far so what is a few hundred more, it is probably my last hurrah on building anything, uh uh argggggggh oh sorry I choked on that! I just want it Nice! Here are a few pics of the project. Bobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151224_142538.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	115238   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151226_171218.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	115239  

Name:	20151226_171226.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	115240   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151224_142523.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	115241  

Name:	20151228_144146.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	115242   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151228_144200.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	115243  

Name:	20151228_144156.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	115244   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151228_163146.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	115245  

Name:	20151229_183824.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	115246   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151228_153332.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	115247  

FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:00 PM   #3372

Yeah , it is a nice looking piece!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #3373

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was concerned after he painted the hood as it got some dust in it, but he told me not to worry, it is just more work sanding the clear coat to polish out the dust. He really needs a booth but the powers that be only want big shops, they could care less about little guys that are just trying to make a living. His shop is like 19 wide by 65 long and they would only let him have a 13 foot wide booth as they want 3' all around the booth for "maintenance" per firecode. it is a block building what is going to burn? I want to build him a booth out of storefront materials , Aluminum/Glass with movable walls so he can have room to work and move them when he isn't painting, he doesn't grasp the concept and is afraid he couldn't afford it! He is from Chile, he came here as a young man, rented the home he is in now in a good area for 14 years from an older gent that owned a lot of property, when he died his ungrateful children didn't want to carry on his real estate business, so my friend made a cash offer and bought the house free and clear! He is 42 and is busting his butt sending his older daughter to Harvard to be a lawyer! It costs him a ton of money but he is so proud of her it would make you cry! He has 2 other beautiful children and devotes his life to making it better for them and his wife! I just hope I can use my ideas and skills to help him make his shop more efficient so he can reach his goals without these unelected bureaucrats putting him out of business! Bobby
Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #3374

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Frank and Tim how are things going?