Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #3375

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Glad that everyone is doing better today.
Bobby,
starting to look like you are on the down slope.
Tim,
Hope that you miss the bad weather, and you are right, retirement is Great.
RonS,
Nice job on the table, the MH looks good also, yeah I kinda agree it would look better in Quartzite.
Bap,
Glad that you got the Airstream a good home, Although you will miss her, I'm sure that you will fall for one of your other projects.
Have a good evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #3376

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby the truck is looking great. Please tell Sally for me that it would be a shame to rush the last few days and possibly end up messing something up. We have a friend in the autobody business here. He likes to hold the paint for at least a week before the client drives it. Even after that he is particular. No leaning against or laying objects on it for at least another couple weeks.

Course not many listen and it drives him crazy.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #3377

Wow, so much going on.

We are officially home as of 4 pm yesterday. I drove most of the way and Melissa did a 2 hour stint to allow me a little nap to catch up a little after the other night. I added it up and I got a grand total of 45 minutes of combined sleep that night.

Melissa is fine other than the head, neck and both elbows are sore from the impact with the floor. She's her old self although she did miss one turn driving home which I took full advantage of the opportunity to tease her with.

The cats were happy we are home only mad we left them inside for 7 days.

Funny how pets get these personalities that seem almost human.

well its midnight and I've got to get to bed for tomorrow is a big day.
So ill chime in more after I check out everyone's pictures closer.

Haven't unpacked the laptop yet. I'm on my phone typing this. So forgive them typos!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:03 AM   #3378

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and reading the threads. Glad everyone seems to be ok. Sometimes it seems that strange things happen and then somehow turn out in the end.

Roads here were a mess but it warmed up and melted the ice. I had trouble getting out of the driveway, then down our country road, but once I hit M-52, it was clear sailing. They had salted the roads overnight although I don't know how the salt stayed on the roads with the wind. Just glad they are clear now.

No plans for the day, just normal stuff and reading. I read a lot, just about anything. You all take care and be safe and happy. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #3379

Morning all!

64 here, expect some more showers, but yesterday afternoon it cleared out and we had sun for the first time in 7-8 days. But I see sometime during the night it rained again. Too dark to tell right now.

Bobby, the truck looks great. I've done lots of paint jobs without a booth. Blow out the room real good, wet the floors, and wipe down the truck real good before you start. You should be fine. Good luck, can't wait to see the end product.

Lynne, on our way back from out west back in September, Debbie and I listened to a audio book (its available as a book, on kindle reader, or audio) called the Emerald Mile. It was great, based on a true story, really well written. I will warn you, it may drive the desire to load up the RV and head west!

My Buddy John and I are leaving for N.Y. Thursday afternoon. Debbie has to work New Years Eve (she works in the accounting department and they need to close the books for the year) so no point in me hanging out around here. She does this every year.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #3380

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Ron, table looks real nice, when I first saw it looked like cedar. Bobby, trucks looking good. Curtis, glad everything worked out with Melissa, and you made it home okay. Lloyd, drive safe on the trip to NY, supposed to be okay weather wise until maybe Saturday. Have a Great Day All.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #3381

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is tasty this morning.
Had a great driving day yesterday, 390 miles, Sun was out all day.
I was reading a thread the other day about panhandlers, and we got it first hand yesterday in a rest area having lunch. It ends up the guy was driving a newer car than ours. "go figure".
MH ran great and no problems, Pulled into a Truck stop around 6 got a spot and had dinner and put a movie in and the carbon detectors went off.
Not sure why I think the one was just old. We took it down and ran a fan for awhile and the other one quite ringing. I think it was from the semi next to us. We woke up this morning which is a good thing.
Curtis - glad the wife is doing okay.
Bobby - the truck is looking good, can't wait for the finished product.
Gordon - I can't wait to get to Quartzite. Trust me...
Geocritter - We've gone on a lot of 5-600 mile trips so yea this is our loooong trip, its been fun and a challenge for sure. Glad you made it home.
ronspradley - Just under 1800 miles for us!!!!
Lioyd - have fun in NYC be careful.
I need to get a refill and get ready to hit the road, our final leg (we hope)
Everybody have a Happy New Years Eve and day and those of us on the road be safe. And watch out for those panhandlers!!!

Tim

Happy New Year,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #3382

A question regarding Quartzsite

Gooodmorning all y’all,

As I sit here enjoying my third cuppa coffee a recurring question popped into my head. I’m hoping some of you good folks on this forum can help me out with it. I pray no one’s offended by it since I’m simply trying to get an answer to something that’s been puzzling me for some time.

My daughter lives in LA, as a result when I visit her over holidays I drive I-10 in my Dodge Caravan. As a result I’ve driven through Quartzsite a number of times. Since it appears to be some type of RV paradise I’ve taken the time to drive around town several times just for a looksee. I can’t for the life of me see any attraction to the place, particularly as a winter destination where one would plan to stay for a while much less return year after year. I really try to be open minded about things so please help me out here. What am I missing in my observations regarding Quartzsite?

Steve

PS I suppose the same question could be asked about Sturgis SD, sooo here’s something to lighten up all y’alls morning
Ooops, I hadn't seen this for some time, sorry for all the profanity.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #3383

2952 miles

25 degrees and coffee at home this morning and worn out from the road.
Haven't posted since we left on the 21st but have been reading the thread on my iphone. Made the return from Longview Tx on I20/I10 Sunday and Monday and arrived home Tuesday afternoon. Left Longview at 9am, stopped in Corsicana for a couple of hours to visit an Aunt, arrived in Abilene 9:30pm. Fought torrential rains turning to snow and 25 mph winds the entire way. Nothing fun about that day. Couldn't leave Abilene until almost noon on Monday. 6 adults and 3 dogs waiting on thawing roads in a 28' motorhome.
And then the sun came out and off we go. Roads mostly good until Midland/Odessa. Stop and go traffic for hours and just a few miles of progress. Started switching drivers and made it into New Mexico (somewhere...) and found a spot beside a semi in a truck stop at 4:30am. Couldn't go any further (i can identify with Tim (Spritz). Left 8am cruised through Tucson, Phoenix and pulled into home about 2ish.
A big 2952 miles loop down I40 to Amarillo, 287 into Dallas area, then I20 to Longview, Hwy 31 to Corsicana, back up to the 20 into Abilene, I10 through El Paso, Tucson, Phoenix, I17 up to Sedona. "Big Al" ran like a champ, no mechanical problems, lost my awning outside of Tucumcari, it was in rough condition anyway and earmarked for replacement, but would've rather removed it while parked .....
All in all a good fun trip. A lot of family, food and laughter. and hopefully the dogs didn't pick up too many ticks.
Happy new year to everyone and if you're on the road be careful.

Steve
scrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 AM   #3384

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve: I think the attraction of Quartzite is mainly the boon docking. They also have a big craft fair that draws folks from everywhere. We rode up a couple years ago and did some shopping. Lots of neat vendors and crafts there.

Several dealers set up to sell RV and there are bargains to be had - I think. The folks that live next to us bought a WGO there and got a good price IMO.

Will be taking a ride up in January to see if we can find Tim.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #3385

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all of you RV ers! Roads are closed around here left and right. What a mess. Lu Ann still cannot commute to work from the S&B, so we are still in the backup campground. Son and grandson are due from Northern Iowa tomorrow. I will need to guide them through Hermann over the back streets, if the highway is still closed. We are glad that Melissa is OK. Great job on the Dakota convertible. Sounds like the welding job went well on the car caddy. Safe travels, everyone.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #3386

Curtis
So happy to hear Melissa is doing OK.

Geocritter
Yeah FREE camping on BLM lands says it all for me, you CAN get out away from the crowding or come in to check out the action.

Lloyd
Happy(safe)Trails,,, Bring WARM clothes!

All of you traveling on the icy,windy,etc roads..

You're more brave than I am !
I'd just sit and wait!!! I don't enjoy the stress.
AND
I've spent a great deal of time here in East Coast Alaska and have seen too many that didn't make it through!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #3387
bap

good evening my friends,,,,
than ks for the congrats on selling our 63 airstream,,and yes we will miss it for sure,,every time debbie and i pour our hearts into a build and then sell it it,s like finding a good forever home for a favorite puppy...lol but were now into another build were working on a 69 taylor craft,,replacing everything..down to the floor --i just have finished taking out the old sky light vent and installed a new one ..for the life of me i cant see why everyone just caulks them when they break and then put a ton of tar over it...its soo easy to replace before they junk them up...lol

tim and everyone out on the road be safe out there....
everyone have a great new year if i dont get back on before then...
....jeff an deb..
Old 12-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #3388

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is good and a wake me up morning,
We will be on our final leg of our journey today.
We made it to north Tucson and found a wash for the dirty dirty MH.
If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck I tell ya,
I'll wait to tell ya after we see the owners of said wash later this morning.
scrawley,
We must of been just behind you.
Had a great drive yesterday until we got stuck in a jam sat for hours @ a bridge re-do.
Waiting til 7 to see truck wash owner before we head out to QUARTSZITE Yea baby hoping it is what it's built up too be...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Drive safe and be good tonight,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote