Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2015, 06:59 AM   #3389

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All! Well today the old Dakota gets it's new Coat, hopefully it all fits well, LOL! I'm sure it will, although we went out for a birthday party for my buddys wife till midnight last night at a Portugese restaurant. Still stuffed, they just keep walking around with skewers of every type of meat you can imagine. Waiting for him to pick me up now to go do the final taping /plastic and shoot the truck, wish me luck, pics tonight!Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2015, 07:08 AM   #3390

Coffee is real good this morning...

Hello All,
Another chilly morning here in Sedona. Got back into the shop yesterday morning to 31 phone messages and 277 emails. Glad to get through them and all in all a decent 1st day back after being closed for more than a week. Suppose to have reopened on Tuesday morning and I heard quite a few "we called yesterday" and "we stopped by yesterday...." It will be several weeks before I hear the end of that.
Tim,,,, the bridge you mentioned.... was that right around Midland/Odessa? We were poking along for at least an hour maybe more.. seemed like a week. We had pulled off for a bite to eat and were seriously considering heading north up through Roswell and then to I40 just east of Albuquerque but Tricia put her foot down and said let's stay the course. So back on to I20 and then the we hit that "parking lot". She felt pretty crummy for insisting we stay on 20. but who knows... we could've gotten abducted by aliens and that would've been worse... maybe.
Just an FYI... someone mentioned nice rest stops in New Mexico just past Anthony Texas.... that guy was closed as well as the next one around Benson.

And Ron, that table looks great and I'm sure tears were involved when it was "unwrapped". Oddly enough it doesn't look anything like a horseshoe.

Happy New Year everyone and here's to good fortune and good health to all.
Steve
scrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #3391

Gooodmorning all y’all,

I had a particularly good day yesterday. After a multi-year hiatus I finally went out hunting again yesterday. Today I’ll be feasting on fresh quail! YUMM!

I finally screwed up my courage this morning and got on the scales to determine my holiday gluttony damages… I gained 10 lbs!!! When I was younger I could diet and lose over a pound a day, now I’m lucky if I lose a pound a week .

Tim, was that bridge repair just west on Benson on I-10? If so be aware that there was no easy way around it without going about 40 miles out of your way.

I have a busy day planned. My daughter gave me a hibachi grill for Christmas so I need to season it with a good hot charcoal fire to burn off any paint or oil left over from its manufacture. After seasoning with charcoal I’ll probably be doing most of my cooking on it using mesquite or oak wood. I love flame cooked steak and hamburger! While the grill’s seasoning I’ll climb up on the roof and find a small but annoying leak. Not huge problem here in AZ but it needs to be done. It’s also time for a good interior cleaning and tossing out things I’ve accumulated but haven’t been using this past year. Time to rein in my inner-hoarder.

I hope all y’all have a wonderful day!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #3392
bap

goodmorning and happy new years eve.....
cant wait to see the dakota in new paint....
and i to love the table,,,...looks great !!!
best of luck finding the hidden leaK..THOSE small ones can be a pain ....
everyone have a safe and geat day...
Old 12-31-2015, 08:45 AM   #3393

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Tim - hope the last leg to Quartzite goes well. The drive will be good.

Bobby - will be checking back for the photographs. I am not going to jinx you with any good wishes, etc.

Best wishes to everyone for the coming year. May 2016 be HEALTHY, HAPPY and Prosperous for you and your families. If you have the first two you are well on your way to number 3.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #3394

Forest River Owners Club
Happy New Year to all on the thread!
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #3395

Hi all!
John and I are on our way, as I write this we are climbing the long grade to fancy gap Virginia.

We are headed to New York (about 30 miles north of the city) to get his Harley trike and 4 cases of chocolate chip cookies. Yes, you read that correctly. Linden chocolate chip cookies.

I waited till we were on the road 2 hours till I shared the cookies are available on Amazon

Happy New year all!

L.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #3396

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have a Happy and Safe New Years Evening everyone!

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #3397

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanx all of you for your well wishes on my endeavors to bring our Dakota back to a decent appearance! Well the paint and clear went on great, but do to my friends insistance on relying on a cheapskates advice , he used diesel fuel in the new bullet heater I bought for his shop He didnt believe me when I told him it would affect his paintwork! Well he knows nowHe switched back to kerosene last week but it probably screwed the nozzle up as everytime we turned it on it belched smoke and the right side of the bed will have to get redone and a little of the left side of the bed, everything else is a polish job, so i'm happy! Those bullet heaters are no good for a closed shop , lots of fisheyes to sand and polish , oh well, at least I can start putting it back together next week! here are some of the pics from today,Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ulr.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	115394   Click image for larger version

Name:	bwa.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	115395  

Name:	nty.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	115396   Click image for larger version

Name:	w7ks7.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	115397  

Name:	73ui7u.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	115398   Click image for larger version

Name:	76u26.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	115399  

Name:	fwg.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	115400   Click image for larger version

Name:	btwtt.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	115401  

Name:	thtqa.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	115402   Click image for larger version

Name:	el7w.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	115403  

Old 12-31-2015, 09:52 PM   #3398

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

The Dakota looks great I just love a black paint job...

Be safe everybody

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:35 AM   #3399

Morning all!

Walmarted last night in Harissonburg vs. Back on the road now. 44 degrees.

Paint job looks good on that Dakota!

Enjoy your new years day.

L.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 AM   #3400

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Happy New Year , Bobby, Dakota's going to look good Lloyd, should have clear sailing up here.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:37 AM   #3401

Gooodmorning!

Happy New Year all y’all!

I’m glad 2015 is behind me, it wasn’t a bad year but it was quite challenging. Fortunately, none of the challenges were insurmountable, nor did any floods carry me away though they came close several times. Now I’m entering 2016 with a newly rebuilt engine in my home-on-wheels, as well as numerous other needed repairs and upgrades. In fact I’m in a great position to enjoy 2016, YEEEHAAA!!!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #3402

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy New Years Everybody! Lets all pray it is a Healthy and Safe one! Going over to the shop to see what is in store for me as far as sanding. We need to get it over here to my garage to put it back together as he needs the room for other work. But first he has to paint the silver on the bottom up to the first bodyline. Will take more pics later. Stay Well, Bobby