Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #3403

That is exacting why I have two heaters in my shop.
The diesel bullet heater I use to warm the machine shop area and the kerosene one for where I do my paint and powder coating. Powder Coating won't stick if you use diesel heater to warm up the room. Yea, I learned it the hard way too.
!

Happy New Year Ya'll!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #3404

Winnebago Owners Club
Well we all made it to midnight - even grampa! Sadly though the northern lights which have been quite active recently were not visible.

Now everyone is still sound asleep.

Coffee should be done so off to get a cup.

Have a great 2016 everyone.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #3405

Bobby
Oh my goshk !
Paint almost sunk by the torpedo!!!!!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #3406

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Happy New Year thread and all involved!!!!!
OMG I slept 10 hours.
Good Job Gordon, I was out by 10:00.
Coffee is from yesterday but still tasty, New pot a brewing.
Got into the resort yesterday, a week early Nice Folks running the place not what I was hoping for but clean and homely.
After looking around I noticed almost every thing is white 5th, MH, TT so ours ad's some color... And by far the oldest (10 year rule) reason being the owner told me it was the same thing he started out in, that probably had something to do with it
They had a little get together last night but we were to tired to go and had nothing to bring.
No TV here so the guy next door told us about a TV antenna he uses and has it mounted on a 8 foot piece of conduit. So we get to go shopping, "I know" but could you go 3 months with no TV? I sure can't.
The final leg was fine but I am going to find a solution for getting blown all over the road. I am not sure if its the new tires but there has to be a better way, Supper Steer, Bell cranks, I sure didn't have this before. I know the wind has a lot too do with it and it was windy the whole way down here.
Yes it was that bridge area, I just started to shut her down no sense sitting for 15 -20 minutes, miles of stopped vehicle's as far as you could see.
Boy Bobby, I would have opened a door or a had a exhaust fan. Looks like you had the right gear. I also love a Black Painted vehicle I had a 89 Grand Marquis in Black loved it but couldn't keep a coat of dust off it, same as the 64 in Burgundy Wine. I bet it's just going to just shine ,looks great.
Curtis, how's the wife doing?
Lloyd, smart man, save me some next time you come to Mpls you can drop of a case!!!!!!!
Hey Gordon, the guy next to us is headed your way I guess they go to your area for January and then come back here in Feb. He says they have been coming here for years and has had enough of the big tents??? I am more than happy to wonder around in a tent better than shoveling that white stuff, What is it called I seemed to have forgot. And all the MH for sale, Like a kid in a candy store!!!
Hope every one has a Happy New Year
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #3407

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Bobby
Oh my goshk !
Paint almost sunk by the torpedo!!!!!
Yes, I felt bad for my friend, but I warned him! Now he has to work harder for nothing! Glad the rest of the truck is good, would've killed me to see him repaint it all. Happy New Years, now going out in the garage to part with some of the 40 years of crap i've collected to make room for the truck! I think it made it in there like twice since we bought it in 1990, LOL! Hopefully it will cure hard enough in there to put it outside, but I think i'll buy a decent car cover to keep the damn cats, squirrels and birds off it Maybe just maybe I can convince Sally to let me put the addition I have wanted on the garage this year! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #3408
bap

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
yup made it till the ball dropped then got the big eye and couldnt fall asleep...lol
well i was dozing at 11 then the grandsons came in and wanted to shoot off fireworks at midnight soo being the granddad i sure couldnt say no....lol...it was a great night..

sure thankfull this new year of all of the blessings that have fallen this way this past year,...and to all of you,,,seems we all were having health issues and stuff but everyone pulled together and prayed for one another and just look we all have made it through...

bobby,,,truck will be just fine..a little buffing and a little more paint here and there ..she will shine like a new one,,.......i have been wanting to paint something in a satin black with a grabber blue accent for a looong time...hmmm,hmmm wonder what i can do it too....lol
tim,,,,sure glad ya made it to your wintering spot safley..i know it sounded like an adventure for sure !!!
Lloyd ,,am happy that the wife is fine after such an ordeal...and be safe on your trip..
everyone else,,,,,,,may the new year bring many more blessings your way !!!

well im heading back out to work on the 69 taylor craft....you folks have a great day..
...jeff
Old 01-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #3409

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
Happy New Year thread and all involved!!!!!
OMG I slept 10 hours.
Good Job Gordon, I was out by 10:00.
Coffee is from yesterday but still tasty, New pot a brewing.
Got into the resort yesterday, a week early Nice Folks running the place not what I was hoping for but clean and homely.
After looking around I noticed almost every thing is white 5th, MH, TT so ours ad's some color... And by far the oldest (10 year rule) reason being the owner told me it was the same thing he started out in, that probably had something to do with it
They had a little get together last night but we were to tired to go and had nothing to bring.
No TV here so the guy next door told us about a TV antenna he uses and has it mounted on a 8 foot piece of conduit. So we get to go shopping, "I know" but could you go 3 months with no TV? I sure can't.
The final leg was fine but I am going to find a solution for getting blown all over the road. I am not sure if its the new tires but there has to be a better way, Supper Steer, Bell cranks, I sure didn't have this before. I know the wind has a lot too do with it and it was windy the whole way down here.
Yes it was that bridge area, I just started to shut her down no sense sitting for 15 -20 minutes, miles of stopped vehicle's as far as you could see.
Boy Bobby, I would have opened a door or a had a exhaust fan. Looks like you had the right gear. I also love a Black Painted vehicle I had a 89 Grand Marquis in Black loved it but couldn't keep a coat of dust off it, same as the 64 in Burgundy Wine. I bet it's just going to just shine ,looks great.
Curtis, how's the wife doing?
Lloyd, smart man, save me some next time you come to Mpls you can drop of a case!!!!!!!
Hey Gordon, the guy next to us is headed your way I guess they go to your area for January and then come back here in Feb. He says they have been coming here for years and has had enough of the big tents??? I am more than happy to wonder around in a tent better than shoveling that white stuff, What is it called I seemed to have forgot. And all the MH for sale, Like a kid in a candy store!!!
Hope every one has a Happy New Year
Tim
Happy New Years Tim! Yes we had a exaust fan, but he only puts it on after he sprays as the rollup door on the front sucks dust into the shop, so he shoots a couple coats and puts it on when it tacks up. He really doesn't like to do full paint jobs as his money is in the tbone or front/rear collisions he can get in and out. Easier to control dust too doing one or two panels and blending. I think he only agreed to paint mine as I helped and I gave him the other Dakota Convertible I have to keep for a shop truck! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #3410

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

sure thankfull this new year of all of the blessings that have fallen this way this past year,...and to all of you,,,seems we all were having health issues and stuff but everyone pulled together and prayed for one another and just look we all have made it through...

...jeff
Really appreciate the thought.

A successful year is finishing the year with all of the folks you care about that you started the year with.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #3411

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon all and Happy New Year!

Watched the ball come down and laid there awake for about 2 more hours. Light soft snow coming down today. Not much wind so it is pretty but of course I don't have to be out in it today.

Wish all of you a great 2016 with good health, happy and safe travels, and plenty of sunshine and peace. I also wish a good choice for president.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #3412

Gordon
Good statement , I totally agree.

I went to bed at 11pm , no big deal for me , my laptop battery was down to 19% so no point sitting there for another hour....
I spent many years always working on New Years Eve , all alone , surrounded by hundreds of couples ,"Happy New Year !", kissy kissy .
Old 01-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #3413

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Happy New Year Gang,
Gordon,
You are spot on with your statement. You couldn't have said it any better.
Bobby,
The body work came out excellent, and the paint will turn out good also, you just might have to work a little harder to get it there.
Have a great evening and lets hope that today starts a great and wonderful year,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #3414

Forest River Owners Club
Greetings, everyone! Had a great day here, with the flood waters receding to where we can get around again. Son and grand son are here from Iowa. I really like the way the Dakota convertible is turning out.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-02-2016, 06:05 AM   #3415

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is good.
AHHH Currently 31, I thought that's why I came here too get away from that, its 28 back home???? I think Florida next year.
Drove to Blyth yesterday to get the car washed man was it dirty from the trip down here, took lots of Quarters....
She's clean again and a fantastic drive there and back.
I wish the MH drove and rode as nice as the toad does.
Going to hit the tents this morning, going to look for a TV antenna not one of the 4 we have will get us any channels. We have been watching movies at night.
Not having news is bugging me. Read this morning that Natalie Cole passed. Man what a voice she had. Just like her father. She will be missed. We just watched her on a Christmas special.
Man-O-Man are there a lot of MH for sale here. Way out of our league but nice too look at. Talk about Eye candy.
You know I didn't see any irv2 stickers on the way here, I think only 1 or 2 flashed a thank you when I flashed my lights for them to come back in our lane, almost all the truckers did. Nobody waved, had one gal that I waved at as they were passing us look the other way.
What's with people these days are they so wrapped up in them selves,
I don't get it.
Has any one heard from Rail? Been awhile maybe he's test driving his next MH!!!!
Good Day All,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #3416

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning. 30 degrees and sunshine here. The coffee is brewing... Tim, keep the reports coming. I would like to go there sometime, but that will come after Lu Ann retires. I am not sure boondocking will be more than a one time adventure for her.
I hope to see more pictures of the Dakota convertible soon. That is a great project to follow. Safe travels, everyone!
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum