Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #3417
bap

goodmorning from cold and frosty ky,,,..

tim,,,,,thanks for asking about rail,,,,i was just going to ask if anyone has heard from him..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #3418

Hey Tim, glad you guys made it. We stuck around Arizona last year. Scottsdale was nice (probably because we were enjoying Barrett Jackson), but then headed to Benson for a week. Mornings were in the 30's. Days were nice but to cold for us so we headed to Florida.

We are leaving Thursday for Florida. Going to Tampa RV show to dream! Safe travels and maybe we will see you in Florida next year.

Tom
Old 01-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #3419

Gooodmorning all y’all!!!

I’m finishing my morning coffee and catching up on the news via the internet. I pretty much gave up on my TV several years ago. One day I realized that I was paying (because of cable) to watch 50% programing and 50% advertising. I was paying to watch advertising and now Madison Avenue is taking over the internet! I understand some advertising and appreciate how the system works, but the advertising burden just became too much for me and I refuse to buy technology to fast forward through it. I guess my kids are right; apparently I have become an eccentric olde pharte.

Today a hunting buddy and I are going to the Crossroads Tucson Gun Show. Because I am eccentric I have a weakness for old SXS shotguns. However, I’ve found that those old double guns are few and far between out here in the wild west so I’ll probably just people watch. Gun shows are better than airports for people watching, some real characters typically show up.

Now that the holidays are behind me it’s time to resume work on the never ending project aka my RV. I have to begin syphoning my gas tank for my fuel pump replacement and I also need to build a motorcycle rack to more easily haul my motorcycle. For the past two years I’ve been hauling it in my toad. The problem with my current hauling situation is that it takes two people to safely load the cycle into the rear of the toad. I guess there’ll always be something on my RV to keep me busy.

Tim don’t be too upset with your fellow drivers, once you get away from small town America people pretty much stick to themselves. One never knows what evil lurks in the heart of that passing stranger waving at you LOL! Speaking of evil strangers, my daughter told me how she was almost mugged by an evil stranger in Chicago several years ago. She’d driven in to visit my son who was attending DePaul University. As she walked down the street towards him he suddenly started running towards her shaking his fist and cursing. He’d noticed an evil stranger coming up behind her to snatch her purse. My son happens to be 6’7” tall and physically big, not fat but BIG; the evil stranger wisely beat a hasty retreat!

Off to the gun show.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #3420
bap

steve,,,,enjoy the show.....im waiting for our shows to start soon here in ky,,,you are soo right about some of the ones that crawl out to go to them...lol
Old 01-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #3421

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Tim and Bap, I am great, I have been staying at our other house, and have no internet over there! So been reading everyone's post's when I get WiFi. I am playing tour guide for a friend and his wife that are visiting from the states! We are at Chiang Rai, Thailand tonight. We went to the White Temple today, then the big flower show later on, wow! Back home tomorrow! Will catch up then! Everyone stay safe, and happy new year to all! Rail!
Old 01-02-2016, 08:49 AM   #3422
bap

good to hear your fine......pm sent ur way when ya get a chance...
Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #3423

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee was good this and it's about 30 out going to maybe 34 today. Wind is mild so it doesn't seem so bad when it is not blowing.

Steve, hope you find one of the guns you are looking for. Send the info to me by PM and I will keep a look out for one up here. Never know.

Watching a squirrel on the bird feeder having it's breakfast. We have a lot of birds and I think about 3 squirrels that come around most days. Hawks tend to clear the area out very quickly when they are flying through though. Love watching them fly and hunt. Blue Jays loving the peanuts my husband puts out for them.

Well 2016. MH in storage but with such a mild winter so far even if we get hit bad at this point it won't be such a long tiresome span. Four months or less and we get the windows replaced, clean out the RV antifreeze and get her ready again.

Have any of you been south of MI to a nice campground just about 6 to 8 hours out of MI? Looking for a place to go for a 9 day trip and hopefully with fireworks over July 4th. Need to find a spot before all are gone.

Hope you all have a great day, keep safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #3424

Coffee was good this morning

Lynne there is an app called RvParky...it's free..just put in a zip code or city name and it pulls up alot of parks....state or rv...gas stations that are rv friendly walmart cracker barrels. ...it is a neat app and you can go to a certain city and then move the map and it pulls up more attractions

Be safe everybody

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #3425
bap

LYNNE,,,there is a nice campground down here ...carter caves state park...just about 15 miles from our front door..they dont shoot off fire works but our little town sets off a great show and we always have a good one here at home aswell....
just letting ya know....
Old 01-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #3426

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Guys and Gals, well still plugging along with the Dakota. Today my friend Victor decided to sand the offending side of the bed down and reshoot it, after he washed it down like 3 times with prepsol! Here are the results ....will be bringing her home tomorrow, have to make room for a 1969 Camaro RS/Z28 he is going to change the rear quarters, tail and floor panels on, a car that my other friend sold to the present owner just before he burned his shop to the ground ironicly while working on another 1969 Camaro attempting to remove a almost full fuel tank by himself! Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixing a screwup.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	115548   Click image for larger version

Name:	btwtt.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	115549  

Name:	il;di.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	115550   Click image for larger version

Name:	ulsyz.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	115551  

Name:	mjrme.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	115552   Click image for larger version

Name:	much better.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	115553  

Name:	73ui7u.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	115554   Click image for larger version

Name:	ukstt.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	115555  

FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #3427

Winnebago Owners Club
One sleep until we return to the south. Temps here are not that much colder than Yuma but don't have to wear winter clothes there.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #3428

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Florida isn't much warmer today raining and high of 58*, but the lows are in the mid 40's for 2 or 3 days, then back to the mid 70's.
Gordon,
Safe travels.
Bobby,
Looking good there on the Dakota.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #3429
bap

goodmorning folks,,,
the dakota is looking mighty good there...
man i need another cup....lol
Old 01-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #3430

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

30 and windy here this morning which makes the coffee more welcomed. Bap, I'll check out the park, do they have full hook ups because being there that long I don't want to drive to a dumpsite. It is the right distance and would work well that way and we could meet up.

Talked with my Sister in Texas yesterday and she said they have had some really colder temps there and it sure isn't what they want. Can't do anything about the weather other than leave and go somewhere warmer.

MK thanks for the RvParky app info, loaded it and looks like it will be a good thing to have. Found a CG near me I did not know was there. Take care everyone, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote