Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 10:36 PM   #3487

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Frank, got the PM, and answered it! The MH that you sent the link for is no longer on CL that I can find? I found another one and sent you the link!
Anyone heard from Curtis, last I remember, Mellisa had a fall, but was doing ok, and have not heard anything since?
All of you in the AZ. desert, you need to go check out the flowers that will be popping after all the rain you have got!! It does not happen very often, so take lots of pic's!!
Everyone enjoy! Time for me to go play with the power washer I bought last weekend!! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #3488

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning Everybody! Just getting up waiting for the phone call from the guy that is going to polish out the paint on the pickup! I'm excited to see the results and anxious to start putting it back together! Also need it polished before I find someone to put the repro decals down the sides, was going to do it myself but after taking 3 years to source them , I don't want to screw them up as they go the full length of the truck! I don't understand? I had to make room in the garage for the pickup , so I moved a ton of stuff to the shop which is like twice as big as the garage! Now what baffles me is that now I can't move in the shop?????? Gotta downsize quick, LOL! Have a Great Day Everyone! BobbyWill post pics later!
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #3489

Ultimate early riser?

I normally don't sleep past 5am, one of these curse/blessing things I guess. But Rail, I have to ask, are you posting from Thailand now? I ask because I've noticed on your morning posts that it's usually between 12 and 1am. Either you're posting from oversees or you're the ultimate early riser!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #3490

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes, Steve, I live in Thailand, I moved over here 2 years ago, and early retired. My wife and family live here, and she is going to early retire this April! So we will be traveling a lot more, and so the need for me to find another MH! Yes we are 12/13 hours ahead of the central/east time zones! Hope this clears this up for you! Rail!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #3491

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
I normally don't sleep past 5am, one of these curse/blessing things I guess. But Rail, I have to ask, are you posting from Thailand now? I ask because I've noticed on your morning posts that it's usually between 12 and 1am. Either you're posting from oversees or you're the ultimate early riser!

Steve
Me 2 just got up, back home it was 5 but down here its been 4...
Morning, sipping the coffee,
40ish BRITE sunny day, well now anyhow. Not a cloud in the sky.
HAd a Solo gal leave the park yesterday she was going to try Boon docking. She came back late last night hope all is well.
Going to attempt putting up the new flag pole today.
Have a great day,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #3492

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s been a slow start for me today, but who cares, I’m retired! Beautiful sunny Saturday here, when it gets a little warmer I’ll work on my RV and check out a few things on the toad. I may even take a hike in the presently snowy Huachuca Mountains this afternoon. Tomorrow my friend and I are going quail hunting. Tomorrow I need to remember to pack water and a sandwich for lunch.

I may have angered folks on another forum. I gave my views of adding Sta-bil to one’s gas for short term (winter) RV and power yard tool storage. Something I’ve found over my lifetime to be a waste of money. For instance, I had a Lawnboy 2-cycle lawn mower I bought used for $10 in 1980. Every winter I’d close the gas tank valve, drain the carb (there was a little drain valve on the float bowl bottom), place my wheel barrow upside down on top of it to shelter the engine from rain and snow and that was it. Come spring I’d install a new spark plug, open the gas tank valve and it’d usually start in two pulls. That was the drill for 25 years. In 2005 I found another $10 Lawnboy and finally put the old one to rest. Yep, at times folks get grumpy when you tell them things they don't want to hear. Look how grumpy they got with Galileo when he told them the sun didn't rotate around the earth!

I just looked outside again, I can’t get over what a beautiful sunny day we’re having here. Life is great!

Steve
Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #3493

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Me too Bought the Lawn boy new $600.00 back then (82-83) and top of the line. It was the Gold series and started first or second pull in the spring, same with my Troy Built Tiller. Still no additives in my new Cub Cadet tractor.
If you use it cool but not necessary in my opinion either.
JS,
Tim
Old 01-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #3494

Only thing gas has changed too much ethenol in it and it gums up the carbs and lines. I don't always use stabil but have on occasion

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #3495

Forest River Owners Club
Good afternoon, campers. Coffee was great this morning, but travelled to Iowa to see SIL, who recently fell and broke her elbow. 15 degrees with a windchill here. Brr. Gordon has me thinking about camping after Lu Ann retires in 20 months. I am not sure she will agree with the desert theme. She did not like New Mexico 1.5 years ago. Looking forward to seeing the Dakota!
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-10-2016, 05:19 AM   #3496

Morning all!

Rainy day here yesterday, 46 now. Showers for today.

I think we bought a Jeep. Found it at Carmax in Florida, it is being shipped here for $199, if we don't like we can pass and lose our $199. 2015 model with 501 miles. How does that happen? It will be easily flat towed, or fit in my big trailer with one of my bikes. Deb and i would like to do some jeeping next time we go west.

A not fun day today. Or should I say no food day? Have my colon check tomorrow morning. In prep, lets just say I will be "hanging around the house today" Ugh!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:54 AM   #3497

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, cold front just went through, the 65* now will slowly end up in the low 40's by tonight. Oh well, better than up north.
Stan,
Got your PM and will email them this afternoon.

I now see what others have said about how they wonder how they ever had time to go to w--k. We have been busier than all get out. Park is full now and there are always projects going on somewhere.

Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:28 AM   #3498

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

Morning,
Coffee is tasty,
Currently 49.
Back Home currently 2 high today 3 then into the deep freeze tonight not missing it at all!!!!
Hey where's Gordon?
Beautiful day yesterday.
Got my new flag pole installed. Instead of using the ladder I attached it to the Spare Tire. I hung my state flag, first time I have had one and looks good under the USA flag. Its higher than my TV antenna.
Man what's with the doves down here they are constantly landing on my new TV antenna and pooping on the ladder?
I installed Windows 10 this AM and so far NOT LIKING IT. Anyone else installed it? Can it be removed and go back to the old system?
More new arrival's yesterday and there are some big MH's and some that are diesel's and I didn't know they came in a diesel's. Big MH show in 5 days can't wait .
Once in a life time, Today I am going to watch my home football team's going against the state I'm visiting's Football Team should be a good game. One advantage is my home state team is used to playing in cold weather where as the visiting team is not...
Have a Great Day, those on the road Be Safe.
Tim
Old 01-10-2016, 07:19 AM   #3499

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

Hmmmm, hot coffee!

Boy howdy, it got cold last night! I almost never leave the heat on at night so when I awoke for my 3am nature call I was sure surprised, brrrrr. It’s supposed to get colder tonight so I may leave the heat on this evening. As it was, before I got back into bed I put on a stocking hat and fell right back to sleep. One of those nightcaps, like Scrooge wore in that old 1938 classic Christmas movie A Christmas Carol, would be perfect. They really knew how to handle cold weather with no thermostat controlled heat back in the old days.

I’m so looking forwards to quail hunting today. I’ve decided to use my 12 gauge SXS percussion muzzle loader, it’s light weight, choked properly for quail, and fits me well. If it weren’t such a PITA to reload it’d be perfect to use all the time. Back when I lived in Illinois I used to shoot a black powder load occasionally during night time trap shooting at the local shooting range. Between the huge KABOOM and 6’ flame that black powder makes, shooters on either side of me would think my gun had blown up! Those were some fun times. At the beginning of February my good friend Mike from Anchorage is flying in for 4-5 days of end-of-season quail hunting. It’s been over 10 years since we’ve hunted together, it’ll be fun. I hope Mike’s not too put off by my dinette sleeper, of course being an avid Alaskan outdoorsman for the last 40 years I don’t imagine Mike’s much of a fragile flower.

It’s after 7am, time to get started preparing lunch time sandwiches. There’s nothing like sandwiches and some non-alcoholic drinks out in the field. Any alcoholic drinks can wait until later!

Life is good!

Steve
Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #3500

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Temp is around zero here. (We are visiting south Iowa.) Around one inch of snow back at the S&B. Coffee is good, and glad we winterized the fiver one week ago. This is not conducive to camping, unless one were to venture to warmer parts, as some of you have done. Good job! Interesting reports on Quartzite. Sounds like a creative location to mount the flag pole on an RV, also.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum