Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #3529

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Nice car Octanefam, you have to be proud of her.
Frank
Yes I am the car has been in the family since day one. The beauty of this car it's 100% stock all original.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2016, 05:40 AM   #3530

Morning!

32 here this morning. The pattern continues, cold today clear skies. Expected to change for the weekend, warm up and rain. I don't think I like this!

Nice car! What motor did that have? My first car was a 65 Comet. Had the 200 straight 6. 3 speed on the col.

Rail, I know you gave up on CL, but I keep watching for you. The good ones, will go fast.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #3531
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,,
coffee tasting mighty good this morning as i look out the window at a snow covered kentucky pasture and it a muggy 7deg out side....only going to 31 today but it will be 50 thursday...
well i picked up another tt yesterday a cute little scottie highlander,,i belive it could be my favorite one yet....just may have to hang on to this one...lol
everyone take care stay safe out there...
...jeff
Old 01-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #3532

Good Morning Everyone! Waking up to 24degrees but sunny. Hoping the guy shows up today to put the new windshield in the Dakota, was going to wait till the paint was polished out but the guy that was supposed to do that last Saturday flaked out! I am really getting anxious to start putting it all back together! Still have to find someone to reapply the new repro decals then off to the upolstery shop for the seats to be fixed, new carpet and the new convertible top. I have been busy at the shop and home, getting rid of the accumulated crap. Got a 10 yard dumpster at the shop to get rid of all the cutoffs i've saved from jobs we have done. Just so we all know where the level of comprehension and learning have gone in this country, the person taking the order got all my credit card info and where it was to go. She the asked what kind of materials were going in there, I told her glass and construction materials, she informed me that there was a 1 1/2 ton weight limit or i'd pay a additional $95 / ton for any overage? So I asked her if there were any Limits on "Fence Post Holes", "Sailboat Fuel" (oh no we can't take hazardous) or "Intelligent Thoughts", she said she guessed the 1st was ok, no to the second thing , and she didn't know what the 3rd was! Was both funny and sad as I hung up! LOL! Have a Great Day! Bobby
Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #3533

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool

Morning,
Currently 32
High today 65 and sunny...
I had to turn on the furnace.
Had to get propane yesterday and the guy got the highest amount 14.2 gallons, the last time was 13.4.
I couldn't stand the MH needing some waxing so I started yesterday, I called a guy to get a quote and he was a no show gorgeous day yesterday and expecting the same today.
I tried a Metal Polish yesterday on the MH and was surprised how it brought out the deep color, and removed the black streaks too. It states on the bottle it can be used on oxidation and Gel-Coat and a bunch of other material's. Then I will apply a coat of "Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax"
I'm going to see how much I can get done before the owners of the Park comes and tells me to close it down.
Got some new Neighbors late yesterday afternoon, I didn't even hear the other ones that left!!!!
The other side , the wife finally responded to Hi, We've been here for a week and a half.

bap

did you get any Pic's ?
Going to the tents today, I haven't seen any MH Gutter systems

Ya'll have a Great Day
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #3534

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post

Nice car! What motor did that have? My first car was a 65 Comet. Had the 200 straight 6. 3 speed on the col.
The car has the V8 260 with the the 3 speed automatic.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #3535

Winnebago Owners Club
48 overnight in Yuma. Supposed to get to 70 today. Was cool yesterday because of the w**d. Predicted with light breeze today.

Tim - if the guy is any kind of smart he will not say a word to you about polishing the MH. Any work you do will make the MH nicer and reflect on the park. Everyone likes to see a line of smart looking shiny coaches.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #3536

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee sure was nice this AM. I got a call late last night from a son of my departed friend Carol. He is working in Georgia and he received a call from his son that his wife had died. She was 48. She hadn't been feeling well and had been having leg cramps and swallowing trouble. No one could figure out what was wrong with her.

John called to ask me to go be with the kids since he couldn't get ahold of any family and doesn't have many anyway. I drove to the next town where they live to be with the kids. Emergency crews were there. I think she had a blood clot by the way she looked but she had tried to commit suicide a year ago so not sure yet.

Family came in and I drove home about 2:30 AM. John is driving back from Georgia.

Would you all put this family in your prayers. They have a hard road ahead of them. With John working out of state and kids needing someone with them, he has some hard decisions to make now. There are 3 kids and her parents. Thanks, I know you will do this for them.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #3537

Lynne you are a Saint, and may many prayers go to this poor family! As john Lennon sang, Imagine how much suffering could be alleviated in this world if more people just Cared! Bobby
Old 01-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #3538

I agree it is a testament to your character Lynne a true friend and great person....prayers to the family and may God give them the strength they need...

Mk
Old 01-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #3539
bap

this is awfull----debbie and i will keep them in our daily prayers.. !!!
if there is anything else we can do just let us know..
Old 01-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #3540

Wow, that is sad Lynne! We will keep them in our prayers.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #3541

Winnebago Owners Club
Prayers are on the way. Hope they are able to get through a difficult time.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #3542

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was good today!
octanefam, We had two 1964 Mer. Comet's, 200 cu. in. 6 cyl., 2 sp. auto, and another one that had the 260 V-8! Both were great little cars!
Lloyd, thanks, not sure why the "search nearby area's" box quit working? It help'd to range out. I contacted CL, they just said "sorry, we did away with it"? Then I told them that feature still worked on my phone, and they wanted to know what OS was on my phone? I told them "Really"?? Sorry!!!! So, for now, I can still use my phone, but they will stop it soon, be my guess? Trouble for me being over here, is by the time I get ahold of someone to go look, it is gone!
Bap, Pic's!!!!
Tim, remember the RC?? Take your time, just do a little bit a day!
Wow, it sure sounds cold back there in the states! Brrrrrrrr!!!
Everyone stay warm! Rail!

« Total Rebuild | - »