Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #3571

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Afternoon Guys,
Tim, warm weather and sunshine does wonders for the old bones. It is nice here today, mid 70's, had another tornado yesterday south of us, same area that the one a couple weeks ago hit. Supposed to storm again tonight.
I will be offline for a little over week, we are leaving in the morning for a cruise to the western Caribbean, Don't want to worry anyone as to where I m, lol.
Have a great week all, and stay warm, I will think about all of you and have another drink for each one of you.
Frank
Frank - appreciate the thoughts of the drink. I don't drink so I will save you the cost of the drink and the 15% added gratuity. I do like ice cream though, chocolate please, so if you were to have a dish (or two) for me I would appreciate it. Like ice cream cones too!! LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2016, 04:49 PM   #3572

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening All, Frank, have a good and safe trip, gotta say I'm with Gordon, I like ice cream too, Eleanor makes ours.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #3573

Howdy all!

Got the altenator out of the coach today, everything is harder on these things. A real stinker to remove. It is a big sucker, 170 amps. It is seized solid. Pulley will not budge.

We have a rebuilder in town, will take it to them Monday and see what they say.

Happy cruising Frank!

I also had wierd stuff going on with this site late yesterday.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #3574

Bobby
I also have been having that browser checking site message when opening this page since yesterday , still did it today too. Thought I had a pup ware but couldn't find anything no matter where I looked so guess it is site related?????

I've been in "enjoy life every day" mode for many years now , never had a lot of money but very few days that I feel regret over. Retired from "my dream job" at 50 and started workamping working a lot less and able to save almost all of it. Went through the downsizing thing back in the 80s when I got my first RV... Now just pushed the social security button at 62 . Still no regrets. (At 50 , I actually started asking older fulltimers if they regretted anything about the lifestyle and almost all said "Yes , I wish I had started when I was younger" )so I did it.

Lynne
Very sorry to read about John and the kids , hope they have a smooth trail ahead.

Frank
I'm on the same bus as Gordon and Terry , You're gonna have to eat a lot of ice cream , but you probably won't care because of all the drinks ! Be careful on that cruise ! I've heard tales that there be pirates in them waters Arrrrrrrggggghhh!

Terry
The back of that truck is sure shaping up nice.

I had a slightly different version of that storm, Started out at dawn with freezing rain then got really cold and turned to heavy snow around 9am.
Over by 3pm .

No roof leaks and the cold isn't a problem either.,,,,,,
because I've been inside the 50*shop since Friday afternoon , fuel lines are finally done ($250) and I got to replace my AC gasket last night. I hope it kills that leak! I ended up putting the sticky side of the gasket on the roof and then sealing around it with Pro Flex then dropped the AC on top after it dried for a while.
They're leaving me inside till Monday 8am. I just spray painted the master cyl and the front calipers,,,,WOW they are the rustiest thing on the whole rig and I've just been parked here since they were put on less than a month ago!! (Heche en China????) Sure don't make 'em like the 'ol days anymore
Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #3575

Well another wasted day and 1/2 a tank of propane wasted! Guy was supposed to come over and wet sand/polish the pickup at noon after pulling a noshow last Sat! Glad I didn't drag everything outside again , but did put the heat on for him. Now I will just do it myself, can't wait anymore! Got so mad I went out and started the motorhome and the generator and turned the a/c and fridge on and had a beer! Made me feel better, LOL! Oh well how does the saying go , " if you want something done, do it yourself" ! See ya all later! And I only had to sign in here 4 times to send this, hope they iron that out soon! Bobby
Old 01-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #3576

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
The only glitch I have had is the browser want's me to enter a # code to log in? Has happened twice! So maybe they have it nailed down!
Tim, everything here is going good, been busy, and it has been cool the last week or so here. Going down to 47* tonight! I saw the Cranky Ape MH, and I do not do the auctions! You would have to be crazy to buy without checking it out in person first! If I was there that would be another story! And I am sure the warm, dry, weather, is helping your shoulder! It is why so many older people love the south west! Me, including!
Gordon, have you ever picked up the ice cream I told you about from the store in Algodones? It is the same here also, made with all naturel ingredients!
Lloyd, you can check with the truck dealers on a rebuilt alt. along with the rebuilder that you found. Just take the old one in with you, for a exact match!
Bobby, the pickup is looking good, and your right, do it yourself!
Lynne, hope the family is getting through all of this OK? Prayers are still coming!
Terry, the Tot'er is looking good!
Steve, enjoy the hunting/ hiking! And the weather there is the best!
Popeye, that is cheating, camping inside! Hope this fixes your leak one and for all!
Frank, enjoy your cruise, and ice cream for me too!! Wow, did not realize how many of us are non-drinkers?
Piker, your MH side project is almost done and looking great!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
P.S. good thing I copy'd this, would have lost it for sure! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #3577

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
Currently 47
Going up too 71,
Coffee is tasty,
Found out yesterday that who I thought was the owners of the resort are the managers. the owners live in Yuma
rail,
I would also check the MH personally before I bid on it. I couldn't get the Pics to open either so didn't get to see much of it..
We aren't drinkers and I would take Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream any time. We don't have room for ice cream in the MH freezer don't have room for much of anything really.
Got the passenger side and rear cap finished yesterday and started on the drivers side, and then stopped for the day. I'm running out of that polish I don't think enough to finish. Will have to see if it can be ordered on line.Got a few complements on the old gal yesterday.
I got a feeling the battery on the toad is about ready to take a dump on us had to jump it the other night. Had the battery charger on it all day yesterday.
Its a 5 year battery but they only last 3 in the cold weather of Minnesota, So they say.
Will have to watch it and might have too make a run to Yuma and go too Sam's. Wasn't there a old western movie called the "3:10 to Yuma"? That's one thing I miss being at the S&B is the ability to watch old movies, just love um.
The 5th wheeler is still siting across from us, Camping World is supplying donuts everyday, Yum getting hungry now.
Have a Great Sunday, and those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #3578

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is nice this am with the cold temp of 15. The cold weather in MI is why we will be heading South when I retire, that and the knees which have been screaming with the constant change in pressure and temps. Up down, ache, up down ache.

Didn't get to shoot yesterday, temps took a nose dive and wind came up. Brother also has the achy temp syndrome so we passed.

Going to visit a friend before the funeral today who had brain surgery a week ago. I have worked with Rodger over 30 years and he was having neck trouble and headaches, They decided to MRI the neck and found a brain tumor. Took it out and he is amazingly doing pretty good. Having trouble eating because his jaw is so sore and they had to go pretty deep into the neck muscle so he is really sore. Prayers for him would be greatly appreciated too.

Thankfully the only problem I have is my knee which needs replaced. I am waiting until I get closer to retirement. I know we each have our aches and pains but considering what has been happening with my friends lately I feel darn lucky and blessed.

Rail, hope you find the right MH for you. Bobby, yes, the best way to get a job done is to do it yourself. You take your time though. Know you want it done but don't rush and hurt yourself. I know, easier said than done. Tim, I deoxidized and waxed my MH this past summer and I feel for you. It sure is worth it though, they look great when done. People thought mine was brand new. Popeye, hope that leak is a gonner for you.

Frank. I'm not much of a drinker but if you find some fresh pineapple have a few slices for me. Love fresh fruit! Hope you and Rita have a great time. Been on a couple cruises and they are the perfect vacation.

Hope you all have a great day, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #3579

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. Temps in the teens here this morning. Coffee is yummy. Had a lazy day yesterday, so we are going to the RV show today. We checked out the campground where I hosted in November, which flooded last month. We saw evidence of some pretty high water, replanted gravel, and shingle damage to one of the restroom buildings. I am glad we left when we did. Prayers for your needy folks, Lynne.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #3580

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Sounds like Frank will be too busy eating to do much sight seeing. But he did offer!!

Bobby - doing it yourself you will get the job that you want. It will meet all of your expectations.

Tim - If you are coming down to Sams let us know. We will try to be home and have the coffee pot on.

Lynne - If you are having the knee replaced through work I would have it done now. Then any issues (should any come up) will be on their dime. If there are issues they should be worked out by the time you retire so you can get on the road. Just saying....

Hope you all have a grand day.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #3581

Gooodmorning all yíall!!!

Just okay coffee today. Thursday I bought some locally roasted coffee beans at the Sierra Vista farmers market. I bought their house blend, now for my coffee snob critique. Not a bad roast, good initial flavor but with very little staying power, the flavor just doesnít linger at all. Iím not giving up, it is the house blend after all. Next Thursday I may discuss obtaining a more robust coffee bean from them. Maybe some kopi luwak beans (LOL).

Yesterday I did some area exploring in my Caravan. I love the Caravan, it gets decent gas mileage, good to sleep in, and is a pleasure to drive. My only complaint is the Caravans low ground clearance, but then again, it was designed for soccer momís to use hauling their entitled kids all over the suburbs and not for heading off on some Arizona gravel or dirt side road. I will get stuck one day, I just know it!

Today Iím visiting the Chiricahua Mountains, just a quick windshield survey to see if I want to pursue future area investigations. I purchased NFS area maps when I stayed in this area in 2014 and they are excellent for keeping me oriented. I know what youíre thinking, OMG he uses actual paper mapsÖ how quaint! I really do need to learn to use a GPS locater; in fact I believe my old Rugby flip phone has GPS capabilities, Iíve just never sat down and figured it out. Itís not that I canít figure it out, itís just that itís getting towards the end of my life and time is too dear to spend with the frustration of dealing with technology that so far Iíve never needed. There you have it, spoken like a true dinosaur (heavy sigh).

I hope all yíall have a good day, you folks up north stay warm! Donít let that ďpolar vortexĒ get to you! BTW donít you just love the names that our news media conjures up to describe natural events. Itís no longer a simple cold snap, no itís a POLAR VORTEX , oh my!

Steve

PS - Lynne, I read an interesting knee replacement story some time back. To save money a fellow traveled to India to get his knee joint replaced. When he got there he found a wonderful modern hospital with mainly US trained physicians. During his surgery recovery his surgeon gave him some unexpected news, he didnít need a joint replacement, the joint simply need to have debris cleaned from the socket. This article was written two years after the surgery and he claimed his cleaned out knee joint was still functioning perfectly. BTW the surgery cost considerably less than an actual joint replacement. Maybe Iím a cynic but I have to wonder how many unnecessary joint replacements are done in this country.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #3582

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Steve;
Everything has to have a label nowadays. I like Polar Vortex but my favorite is Alberta Clipper. Not sure if they get far enough to reach you but they do make it to Utah.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #3583

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Geocritter,

I agree that there are probably a lot of unnecessary surgeries here but then there are a lot of bad drugs here too. The knee has been bad for some time. I have spurs in 3 locations and did ask about cleaning it out and was told no. Needs to be replaced. If I could find someone here who would do the clean out I would do that.

Gordon, My employer states that the knee issue is normal wear and tear. I am old after all and they do give out after a while. Standing on cement floors for 33 + years and lifting patients 2 and 3 times my weight is not a factor according to them. Employers do not want to pay for anything they don't have to.

The reason I am waiting is because I do not want to be rushed to be back after the replacement. It will only aggravate it with standing all the time and they are always after you to get back fast. The doctor says due to my type of job I will need 4 to 6 months off work. If I am off more than 4 they replace me. They have just done it to another employee so I know they will do it.

If I can get past the next year I will get it done and still be on their insurance for another 18 months so they will have to fix it either way.

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #3584

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Geocritter,

I agree that there are probably a lot of unnecessary surgeries here but then there are a lot of bad drugs here too. The knee has been bad for some time. I have spurs in 3 locations and did ask about cleaning it out and was told no. Needs to be replaced. If I could find someone here who would do the clean out I would do that.

Gordon, My employer states that the knee issue is normal wear and tear. I am old after all and they do give out after a while. Standing on cement floors for 33 + years and lifting patients 2 and 3 times my weight is not a factor according to them. Employers do not want to pay for anything they don't have to.

The reason I am waiting is because I do not want to be rushed to be back after the replacement. It will only aggravate it with standing all the time and they are always after you to get back fast. The doctor says due to my type of job I will need 4 to 6 months off work. If I am off more than 4 they replace me. They have just done it to another employee so I know they will do it.

If I can get past the next year I will get it done and still be on their insurance for another 18 months so they will have to fix it either way.

Lynne
I was fortunate enough to work for an employer that had medical coverage that covered everything. If the doctor said it was necessary we were covered. If they also said you have to take off 6 months for recovery the employer could not replace you outright. If your position had to have someone in it, they could replace you but had to provide another comparable position.

Obviously you have thought this through and have a plan. It will turn out the best.